October 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms: March 28th

Re: Weekly Randoms: March 28th

• Options
    @ladyshark311 I've been meaning to check in with you! Any relief to the kid-related stress yet??
  • Options
    @kmalls They actually went to their "Moms" for a few days, they were supposed to be there for the whole spring break but that was too much for her. It was still a nice break though I feel a bit refreshed and spent a lot of time just with my DS and he really needed that. My FI wants to go to like a family counselor who specializes in blending families, I'm hoping that will help! Thanks for checking in!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ladyshark311 , @LGW2015 oh wowwwww...placentas and everything.  I'm glad I didn't see it, but there's a small part of me that wishes I did.

@Turtlemomma, OMG to the baby found in the garbage compactor!  That's the saddest thing!  

• Options
    @ladyshark311 I'm bigger but not outta-control big and I've been loving the Lounge Bra from Victoria's Secret (and I'm normally NOT a VS bra fan). Comfy enough to sleep in! I'll definitely need more support later, but for now it's working for me! :)
  • Options
    @kateleap thanks I will check it out this weekend I'm going insane!
  • Options
    DH played an april fools joke on me and I want to kill him. 
    *American lady living in Tanzania, East Africa, since 2013
    DH - Tanzanian
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior- OHS at 7 months old
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB: November 19, 2013)
    March 2021 - Bonus daughter, N, moved in with us (DOB: June 6, 2014)
    BFP #3 - April 25, 2024 -- EDD January 2, 2025
  • Options
    I cannot figure out how to get comfy in my snoogle. HELP
  • Options
    me and DH eloped awhile back and we are having our wedding  celebration tomorrow! and so far it has rained all day today! I'm kind of freaking out.
    DH - Tanzanian
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior- OHS at 7 months old
  • Options
    kmolleltz said:
    me and DH eloped awhile back and we are having our wedding  celebration tomorrow! and so far it has rained all day today! I'm kind of freaking out.
    Easier said than done, but don't freak out! I PROMISE that when the time comes to celebrate, all you're going to care about is your husband and celebrating with your friends and family :) IF it rains, you'll still only think positively about the day :) FX you get the dry weather you want though!
  • Options
    @kmolleltz Actually, rain on your wedding day is supposed to be good luck. Of course on our wedding day it was clear when everyone was arriving, poured at one point during the reception, and then was clear for everyone to leave... now THAT is luck =)

• Options
    @kmolleltz Actually, rain on your wedding day is supposed to be good luck. Of course on our wedding day it was clear when everyone was arriving, poured at one point during the reception, and then was clear for everyone to leave... now THAT is luck =)
    The thing I am most worried about is the mud! Everything is mud! The reception is outdoors and the guys are outside setting up tents right now (in the rain). 
    DH - Tanzanian
  • Options
    I went to Target last night, just to kill time and probably spend some money. I wound up looking at baby things and got really overwhelmed and left :( I know it's still early but how in the world will I sort through all the things I NEED versus things I WANT
    I feel the same way! I'm also overwhelmed with trying to find neutral stuff. We will be finding out the sex but that still doesn't mean I want pink/blue everything. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    MRSCORKER said:
    I went to Target last night, just to kill time and probably spend some money. I wound up looking at baby things and got really overwhelmed and left :( I know it's still early but how in the world will I sort through all the things I NEED versus things I WANT
    I feel the same way! I'm also overwhelmed with trying to find neutral stuff. We will be finding out the sex but that still doesn't mean I want pink/blue everything. 
    Ahh same here! Well I haven't been looking for neutral yet, but I plan to. Let me know if you figure it out lol
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

LFAF: Frankly Disturbing
  • Options
    @MRSCORKER and @missteacherlady16 I had a conversation with my Mom and Aunt yesterday via FaceTime and they were annoyed that I may not tell everyone the gender, they didn't know how they would "prepare" for a shower and shopping. Thankfully I had my 16 year old daughter to back me up that no we aren't going to drown our child in either pink or blue and yes we can in fact have a gender neutral shower! Ugh 
  • Options
    MRSCORKER said:
    Ahh same here! Well I haven't been looking for neutral yet, but I plan to. Let me know if you figure it out lol
    I heard Carter's has a good sellection but there isn't one near me that I know of. When the time comes, I'll scour the internet!

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    @MRSCORKER Carters has awesome sales online all the time and Kohl's also carries their line (but their stores and online sales usually have better prices). Burt Bee's makes some cute gender neutral clothes, which I think is sold at BuyBuyBaby and Gap and Old Navy are my personal favorites for GN clothes. I was very adamant about not dressing my DD in everything pink, frilly, and girly much to my MIL's dismay. She always tells me I dress her like a boy... But I have come around to cute dresses and some pink. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    oh my god I had the target meltdown last saturday too. 

ive actually been reading lucies list (google it) and she really breaks down the entire situation of "stuff" 
  • Options
    @MRSCORKER Carters has awesome sales online all the time and Kohl's also carries their line (but their stores and online sales usually have better prices). Burt Bee's makes some cute gender neutral clothes, which I think is sold at BuyBuyBaby and Gap and Old Navy are my personal favorites for GN clothes. I was very adamant about not dressing my DD in everything pink, frilly, and girly much to my MIL's dismay. She always tells me I dress her like a boy... But I have come around to cute dresses and some pink. 
    Yeah, I'll def have a frilly dress or two I just don't want everything pink and frilly or blue and sports themed. I'll check those out, thanks!

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    @missteacherlady16 and @MRSCORKER - My H has no desire to register for the baby (he was miserable half way through the wedding registry) so I'm taking my BFF who has a LO and can give me advice about what I need. Maybe talk to a friend who has a kid about the must haves and the things they got but found really weren't needed :)

• Options
    Super good idea @bnsmith85!!

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options

I've been to two different Targets looking for gender neutral stuff, but they literally had one white onesie with an elephant on it and that was it. :-(

We will be telling everyone once we know, but my problem is that for some reason I hate almost all the girl clothes! I'm not against pink, I'm not against flowers, I'm not against dainty. I'm really not! But some of the outfits are too over the top for me. Pick one thing! Don't be a super frilly, pink, flowery thing! Just be pink! Or just be flowers! Or just be frills!

Also, as a hater of Star Wars (sorry!) and a lover of Star Trek TOS, I'm completely saddened by the overwhelming amounts of Star Wars toys and clothes and complete lack of Star Trek toys and clothes! How am I supposed to teach my kid the awesomeness that is James T. Kirk, if all I can find are stupid light sabers and Darth Vader helmets and all the Star Trek toys are "collectibles" in specialty stores and cost 50 bucks? Ugh!

On a similar note: I've been literally begging my husband to name our kid James Tiberius if it's a boy. But apparently that's a "weird" name and is being "vetoed." Mmmmhmmm, whatever...we'll see.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    We were going to send out our announcement pic to our family today, but DH decided his mom would be insulted if we didn't tell her in person, so no April-Fools-but-we're-actually-serious for me. We were literally just going to send it to our parents and siblings, so please don't flame me lol

His side of the family is very sensitive and very open with their emotions and my family is neither of those things. It makes my relationship with my in-laws very interesting, and stresses me out a lot. I don't want to give them another chance to think I'm insensitive or uncaring. Oh well. My family would have found it funny but I guess we'll wait. 
  • Options
    @bamacoop, we went Team Green twice and finding gender neutral clothes is really hard. I had the best luck at Babies-R-Us and shopping online. Also, consignment shops usually have a lot of neutral nb size stuff in great condition (since babies don't stay that little for long enough to wear anything out).
  • Options
    @bamacoop "Hate" is such a strong word, maybe you just like Star Wars LESS? 

I'm trying to repair the heartache that post just caused with hopefulness haha
  • Options

@allythekid I'm not sure what else to call it... I only ever watched the first two movies because I was forced to (one for a college class, and one by some friends who pestered me until I gave in) and my reaction to both was just "....eh?" I just don't see the appeal. It might be that I watched them when I was older. I'm sure if I grew up with them I would like them like everyone else. (As proven by my undying devotion to the movie Willow, which literally no one likes but me, but I grew up watching and think it's awesome!)

Thankfully my husband doesn't really care either way, so we probably won't have a kid who likes Star Wars either, because we won't ever watch it with them.

But yes, I do have all of Star Trek TOS TV series, TOS movies, and the re-makes on Blu-Ray, so those will be enjoyed at my house for years to come!

I don't mind that everyone else loves Star Wars (well...sometimes...and sometimes I'm like "This is bread...why do they have to make Star Wars themed bread? And soup? And cookies? And literally everything?), but I'm just not really into it.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @bamacoop Fair enough haha

PS
    I loved Willow ;)
  • Options
    PCOSbabyPCOSbaby member
    edited April 2016
    I'm in Carters now and there's only ONE small rack of GN items. The manager said they've cut back on production because the market for GN items is so small.

I'm disappointed.

Edited because the app cut off my response 
    Me {32} DH {34}
    Married 05/2014

PCOS baby due October 09, 2016
    Beta #1: 22.5
    Beta #2: 74

• Options
    I'm gonna lose my shit on this religion-peddler lady who keeps coming to my door. She has come back 5 times and keeps offering me pamphlets and magazines. I was polite to her one time and now she won't leave me alone. Go the fuck away!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm gonna lose my shit on this religion-peddler lady who keeps coming to my door. She has come back 5 times and keeps offering me pamphlets and magazines. I was polite to her one time and now she won't leave me alone. Go the fuck away!!!
    I loathe those people. Actually, I don't care what you're "selling", do not come to my door. I won't answer. Ever. 

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    I think the start of 11 weeks meant the start of finally poo'ing. It feels good and hurts all at the same time. 
  • Options
    I apparently didn't shut the freezer door well this morning, and it was slightly open all day while I was at work. I found it when I got home & while everything was mostly thawed, it was still cold & there was still ice on some things. I told DH & he thinks we either need to throw stuff away, or cook it within the next few days. What's y'all's opinion? I hate to waste all that food...but that may be the only option. 

(I'm typing this as I'm standing in my kitchen eating half-melted ice cream out of the container because it will be gross if it re-freezes & there's NO way I can feel good about throwing ice cream away!!) 
  • Options
    @Kaessi I think it just depends on what almost thawed and what still has ice on it. I'd be weary of meats that thawed - cook that within the next day or so. But if you have like frozen veggies or anything? Pop those back in the freezer. 
  • Options
    @Kaessi meat or fish I would err on the side of caution. If part of it is thawed I would use it asap. Fruits, veggies, and french fries should be fine. 
  • Options
    @Kaessi My family has a small restaurant and unfortunately the town it's in has power outages when it gets crazy stormy so I know how much it sucks when you've got all this food you don't want to waste in the freezer. The health department's general rule is if the freezer was above 45 degrees for longer than two hours, everything should be tossed for safety reasons. :( But I think @samijrichards is right about keeping the stuff that still has ice on it-that stuff should likely be okay to refreeze.

on a random note: karma is a bitch. I gently declined some Girl Scouts the other day selling cookies at breakfast, but now all I can think about are thin mints and Samoas. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @Kaessi , I've been in the food industry for years and I second @rozANDbenSINCE2001 's answer. That sucks, I did the same a few weeks ago and it's such a bummer.  
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid I came back hours later to find your comment about the spanking thread so I could check the board and lurk there... oh boy. On a somewhat related note - They're playing "Never Have I Ever" over on the Nov 2016 board and it kinda looks fun! 
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18