October 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms: March 28th

Re: Weekly Randoms: March 28th

• Options
    Sorry to be a PW...

I've got my dating ultrasound set up for next Tuesday (my EDD of 10/28 is based off LMP and I know I ovulated way later than what that would entail). Most likely I will end up with an early/mid November EDD. I'm on the fence about staying here or moseying on over to the Nov 16 board. Thoughts?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    no @turtlemomma they can't have you. sorry. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MRSCORKER said:
    I'm gonna lose my shit on this religion-peddler lady who keeps coming to my door. She has come back 5 times and keeps offering me pamphlets and magazines. I was polite to her one time and now she won't leave me alone. Go the fuck away!!!
    I loathe those people. Actually, I don't care what you're "selling", do not come to my door. I won't answer. Ever. 

We don't answer the door either, but one time my H did and I'm pretty sure we're on the do not knock list now. Our big dog squeezed out between the door and his leg and dove at the guy. They stepped out of the way and he landed past the front steps and then just ran back in when called. The reality is, this was pre training, when he used to jump a lot, and he was just going to jump on them out of excitement but they didn't know the difference and were terrified. It still makes us Pugh when we bring it up. Lol
  • Options
    Yep I went to Carter's and they had literally 4 gender neutral outfits boo.

Also, I have NO idea why, but when you were all talking about the "spanking" thread, I wasn't thinking corporal punishment at all. My mind went straight to the kinky kind....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @LGW2015 I was out last night in an area I don't normally go to and there was a Carter's. I got all excited and went in and it was set up with girl clothes on one side and boy clothes on the other. There were a few things on both sides that could be GN but they didn't have a section for it. Also, I love that your mind went directly to dirty spanking

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    I'm about to run over to Dec 16. People are crazy!

on the topic of sex- We've done literally nothing since we got our bfp. Sex caused red spotting with DD, so I abstained throughout my first pregnancy too. I feel bad, but DH has been amazing about it. 
    I'm right there with you. We haven't had sex since the day we conceived. He's definitely tried and reminded me it's been so long but I bled a little when we did with my last pregnancy and I've had some brownish discharge lately and that's terrifying enough so no, I'm not ready. Poor guy. 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm about to run over to Dec 16. People are crazy!

on the topic of sex- We've done literally nothing since we got our bfp. Sex caused red spotting with DD, so I abstained throughout my first pregnancy too. I feel bad, but DH has been amazing about it. 
    I'm right there with you. We haven't had sex since the day we conceived. He's definitely tried and reminded me it's been so long but I bled a little when we did with my last pregnancy and I've had some brownish discharge lately and that's terrifying enough so no, I'm not ready. Poor guy. 
    I'm with you guys... I'm just so terrified!  So nope, but the husband has been awesome and understands. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • Options
    @samijrichards @sheviolentlyknits @rozANDbenSINCE2001 @Julia70286 Thanks for the advice guys! Now...any idea what to make with chicken breasts, ground beef, a few steaks, and a crap ton of sausage patties?! (Seemingly these were once on sale & we have 3 boxes?!)
  • Options
    @kaessi Have friends over for brunch tomorrow? lol! You could make a breakfast scramble or breakfast burritos with the steak and sausage. Add some eggs, hash browns, onions and peppers! Maybe a dinner with the ground beef tonight and dinner with the chicken tomorrow? 
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • Options
    @Kaessi  at the very least just cook it up and re-freeze it. Then it just has to be heated when you want it. I do that with chicken a lot. I cook it, dice it, put it in the freezer. I'm sure the other meat would work too. Ground beef or sausage make great pizza toppings or spaghetti sauce add-ins. Again, cook and freeze. :) 
  • Options
    @bnsmith85 I have a party with Spanish food later. we may be vom twins :( fx for u. eat all that cheese and bread for me!!!! 
  • Options
    @bnsmith85 Eat all the cheese and chocolate for me! I love melting pot :)

@mrszoess Spanish tapas is my absolute favorite! DH used to drive into the city to get some all the time, but with DD, it's hard to time it out with her naps and crazy time (5-8pm). 

Hope you both have fun!
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    @bnsmith85Melting Pot sounds so amazing!! I wish I could stomach chocolate. I hope you enjoy it. (Edited to add tag)
    image Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    thanks @rozandbensince2001 which city??? we actually have tapas down the jersey shore where I am so I don't have to hike into Manhattan anymore lol
  • Options
    @mrszoess Chicago :) We're about 20 minutes from the loop. My husband had never been to the East Coast, but I've always wanted to visit the shore and take him to NY. He was born and raised in Chicago so he's a city guy at heart and I think he'd love it. 
  • Options
    @Kaessi Love garage sale finds and Goodwill, I shop there for fun though my Mom finds it appalling. 
  • Options
    I got a craving for sponge candy today. And again, just like pizza logs, it's a Buffalo thing. So can't have it because i moved 2500 mIles away. And I'm very upset about this.
  • Options
    @br0co1ii just fyi  >:)when I googled sponge candy to find out what the glorious confection is, quite a few places popped up that you can buy online...
  • Options
    Ladies looking for a beverage other than water... I tried this yesterday because all I want is citrus juice/lemonade and diet coke. I'm trying to limit my sugar and artificial sweetener intake and this is PERFECT. The bubbles satisfy the craving that diet coke fulfills and it has 45 mg of caffeine so it helps with my afternoon headache. It's sweetened with erythritol (sp?) which I also don't want to over-do but I its better than aspartame. I found it at wegmans but haven't seen it any where else. The search is on!

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    That does look promising! But how is erythritol not an artificial sweetener?
    M/C 4/2013
    E born 6/2014
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    target has em
  • Options
    duckmay said:
    I'd never heard of sponge candy, and now I want some too. Pizza logs also sound like a good idea.

I'm never going to poop again, am I? I'm going to live the rest of my life getting more and more stopped up until first the whites of my eyes turn brown, and then the top of my head blows off and I die.

I feel for you @duckmay - it is a miserable feeling! My doctor told me I could take 500mg of magnesium a day & it has made a world of difference. Still not perfect, but much better. Wouldn't hurt to maybe ask your OB if that's an option for you?
  • Options
    duckmay said:
    That does look promising! But how is erythritol not an artificial sweetener?
    My understanding is that it's a "more natural" artificial sweetener and a better option than aspartame. I could be totally wrong but when I was working with a nutritionist, she was always ok with erythritol in moderation but was very anti other artificial sweeteners. Who knows! Lol. This drink is awesome though. 

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    Makes sense, @MRSCORKER !

@Kaessi, I will absolutely ask about magnesium. I've been taking Colace but it's letting me down this week. I suppose I could also look into eating more vegetables and less fast food. 
    M/C 4/2013
    E born 6/2014
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @MRSCORKER I'm jealous that you have a Wegmans. Another thing I left behind when I moved is that amazing store and all of it's wonderful-ness. I miss it so much I did a power-point presentation about it for a class.
    @mrszoess thanks for the target info! 
  • Options
    @br0co1ii wegmans is fantastic 
  • Options
    @br0co1ii I went to Syracuse and we used to just go for fun. About 3 years after I graduated, they built one in my area. I Was so damn excited!

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    edited April 2016
    @ladyshark311That sounds so nice! Unfortunately, I'm the only veggie lover in the fam at the moment. Maybe I'll make some for myself for lunch tomorrow! Thanks for the idea.

also, Yaaaaaaaaaay!!! Walking Dead!!! Can't wait to watch this season finale! 

eta: I was so excited for Walking Dead that I didn't proofread. :blush: 
  • Options
    @rozANDbenSINCE2001 I let each kid in my house leave aside one veggie in their bowl that they didn't want to eat lol! It's nice and light plus it's got those carbs we've all been wanting. 
  • Options
    I don't know if I can stay awake until 10:30 for this TWD finale though  :|....
  • Options
    I used to get random panic attacks pre-pregnancy and I've learned how to get myself out of them pretty quickly. Lately I've been getting them much more frequently. I'm traveling out of town tomorrow for qork, leaving DH behind, and it's making things so much worse. The separation, the airport, being around strangers for 2 days, having to take a cab... all things I'm not comfortable with. Plus my fur babies can't come with to keep me calm. Boo!
  • Options
    @rozANDbenSINCE2001 - I make a roasted red pepper and goat cheese Alfredo that doesn't have meat but is delicious. The goat cheese is fully cooked through and I use pasteurized cheese so I feel good about that. It's easy and your family won't look at it and think 'veggies' 
    here's the link: https://www.laurenslatest.com/roasted-red-pepper-goat-cheese-alfredo/?m

ps- I always use more garlic and onion in any recipe, add in red pepper flakes with the garlic/onion (1/4 tsp for us and it has a little kick but not too spicy) and double the goat cheese. 
  • Options
    @MRSCORKER @br0co1ii  I grew up in Pittsford, the home of Wegmans.  Wegmans is amazing!!! I have so many fond memories.  Unfortunately I now live in the midwest and Wegmans hasn't made it here yet.  Everytime I hear "Wegmans" I get nostalgic and sad.

My random is.... we painted the nursery!  Yay!  It looks so beautiful and I'm in love with the color (Sherwin Williams Sea Salt).  I can't wait to start decorating, although I know it's going to be a slow process.  
    Me (28) & DH (29)
    Married: May 2015
    BFP 1/24/16 EDD 10/4/16
    It's a boy!

• Options
    @bnsmith85 I'm stealing that recipe too, you had me at goat cheese!! Lol