June 2016 Moms
Options

Thursday Check-In

I hope it's okay that I'm starting this today. :) 

How far along are you? 

Rant/Rave/Symptoms:

What are you doing to prepare for baby? 

Questions? 

GTKY: Inspired by my weather today...what is your favourite way to spend a rainy day? 
Me: 30 || DH: 32
Married: May 3, 2014 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

SaveSave

Re: Thursday Check-In

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @MsBeachNJ I take magnesium at night to help with Charlie horse cramps and issues with my IT band. It aids with muscle relaxation. I take one tablet of 250mg of chelated magnesium. My chiro specifically recommended the chelated kind but I can't remember why for the life of me.  

How far along are you? 
    29+1

Rant/Rave/Symptoms:
    Having trouble sleeping due to hip pain and baby dance parties in the middle of the night. Also had no indigestion yesterday when I switched my prenatals to latest in the day. Woohoo! And DH's office is throwing us a shower today. Can't wait! We also leave tomorrow for our babymoon weekend getaway and I'm sooooo looking forward to the couple's massage and my pedicure. 

What are you doing to prepare for baby? 
    Reading up on labor and delivery. Good lord, it's a good thing I didn't read about any of this pre prego or it would have scared me more than I already was to try. 

GTKY: Inspired by my weather today...what is your favourite way to spend a rainy day? 
    Be lazy, watch a movie, eat popcorn, or stay in bed with DH if it's a weekend and we don't have much to do. Those days are numbered. 
  • Options
    @arteduc8 Thank you! That is helpful! Enjoy your baby shower today! 
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • Options
    @crdo: pinching your lady bits sounds horrendous. I'm sorry!!
  • Options

How far along are you? 28+6

Rant/Rave/Symptoms: Loving spring weather. Hopefully it lasts through the weekend.

What are you doing to prepare for baby? Got a diaper bag yay! Also ordered a breast pump.

Questions? The lady administering my blood draw after the test said that when the drink makes you feel good, you failed, and that when you are jittery and sick, you passed. Is that a good eyeball indicator? Just curious. Anyone felt crappy and failed?

GTKY: Inspired by my weather today...what is your favourite way to spend a rainy day? Sleep in. Read a book. Ply board games or watch a movie.
  • Options
    crdocrdo member
    @crdo: pinching your lady bits sounds horrendous. I'm sorry!!
    I certainly don't recommend it. Ugh.
  • Options
    Hmm I felt fine after my glucose drink and I passed so that might be a bit inconclusive on her part.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @kwife15 I think that's a totally false. I passed mine with flying colors and felt fine afterward. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 27+1

Rant/Rave/Symptoms: Rant-I posted a pic on fb of my cat in the crib, I'm not a moron, I don't plan on letting my cat in the crib, I had the door open while I went downstairs to get the bedding from the wash and found her in there, took a quick pic, because it was cute, and said to my husband "well, this is something that can't happen", but all of my moms coworkers are flipping out about how dangerous cats are to babies...again I'm not stupid, they pissed me off, they didn't say anything to me, but they did to my mom.
    Rave- well, we may have changed the date/reservations 3x in 1 day, but my baby shower if finally booked and it was changed to the date I wanted, instead of 3 weeks later when I'm 37 weeks prego.
    Symptoms- Heart burn, sore back (no matter what side I sleep on, I end up on my back), Braxton Hicks from time to time, mostly when I'm running around like a crazy person at work.

What are you doing to prepare for baby? adding a bunch of stuff to my registry

Questions? 

GTKY: Inspired by my weather today...what is your favourite way to spend a rainy day? I love a rainy day, I live in the mountains with a killer view, so when it's storming bad, I love to open my slider and watch the storm. If it's just raining, it's great sleeping weather. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

How far along are you? 28W+2D

Rant/Rave/Symptoms: Rant - I'm super crabby today and I don't really have a reason. Just very rage-y. I also had a bad dream that I got taze-ed by cops for trying to help an old lady walk because she had literal bird legs and couldn't walk on her own and I'm laying there trying to explain that I'm pregnant so they can't do that and a nurse gets lippy with me so I slapped her in the forehead and got arrested....needless to say I woke up pissed. Rave: It's H's birthday today so I get cake! Symptoms: back pain like woah. I decided to try a support belt thingy that helps take some of the weight of your belly off your back and redistribute it. It seems to help a little when I'm walking or standing but it squishes me when I'm sitting so this is a work in process haha.

What are you doing to prepare for baby? Need to finish going thru my nephews hand me downs and figure out where to put them all.

GTKY: Inspired by my weather today...what is your favourite way to spend a rainy day? Snuggled with a blankie, my cat, and a book. And probably some food.

• Options
    @ahernandez16 exactly, People are so annoying. I'm not going to let me cat sleep in the crib next to the baby. She snuck in the crib, I snapped a pic and took her right out of there, done deal. I've heard the "horror stories" of cats sleeping on babies faces because they smell like milk, although I've never actually heard of it happening. Either way, again, not stupid. And as far as spoiling dogs, their lives are so short, they should be nothing but spoiled. My dog is literally my best friend, we cuddle all the time. I know things will be different when the baby comes, but I'm not going to magically stop loving my dog or giving him attention.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    How far along are you? 27+2

Rant/Rave/Symptoms: I've had trouble with heartburn/indigestion lately which means I've had to add sleeping propped up to my already uncomfortable sleep routine.  I guess it's not surprising I'm tired all the time.  In the last couple weeks I suddenly feel HUGE and I've still got a while to go. :(

What are you doing to prepare for baby? Floors next week and then we can move on to getting furniture ordered and set up.  My goal is to have baby stuff ready by early May since I wouldn't be shocked to see this baby arrive end of May/beginning of June.

Questions? 

I really love rainy days, especially if I can stay in pajamas, make a pot of coffee, read a good book and put something that will smell really good cooking in my dutch over to slow cook all day.  

• Options
    How far along?? 27 weeks
    Rant/Rave/Symptoms.. Rant- MIL is so jealous of step grandma, it's annoying.. step grandma is retiring and offering to help as much as possible with babysitting.. MIL has gone as far as to say that step granny will harm our daughter when she babysits. And is asking to sign her up for daycare with someone she knows. I work 4 days a week. I am not putting my newborn in a daycare with a woman a barely know bc woman I do not know at all bc someone can't get over their jealousy.. Rave- I am extremely thankful for how great I feel latel!! Symptoms- tmi, I know.. but the discharge is driving me nuts. I cannot stand to feel that throughout the day! 
    What are you doing to prepare for baby?Hubby will paint the nursery this weekend. We are also taking up the carpet in that room and putting down hardwood. Other than that, we're doing the typical preparations. 
    Rainy days? We are having some severe weather right now. I'm working today, but if I were home, I'd probably be having a lazy day!
  • Options
    @cvanatta93 that's crazy that your MIL is saying those things! What is her basis for saying it?