March 2016 Moms
Options

How to attach Snuza w/o waking baby?

We got a Snuza baby monitor before baby was born, but now that she is here we are stumped as to how to use it without waking her up when we put it on.  For those of you who have used one before, do you just leave it clipped onto baby's diaper all the time, and then just turn it on when she sleeps?  If so, it still seems likely she would wake up, just from us turning it on, since most of the time she is in onesies so we'd have to partially undress her to turn on the monitor.  If you don't leave it clipped to her diaper all the time, it seems like it would be even more disruptive since we'd have to undress her AND get it clipped to her diaper AND turned on without waking her.  Am I missing something?  Of course all babies are different and maybe some sleep heavier than others and this isn't an issue, and sometimes our girl is out like a log, but often it seems like the maneuvering it would require to get the monitor attached and turned on would definitely wake her up.  It seemed like such a great product in theory, but now we're not quite sure how to make it work in practice.  Any thoughts?

Re: How to attach Snuza w/o waking baby?

• Options
    I don't have a Snuza so I don't have a suggestion on keeping it on her, but I definitely would suggest a magnetic sleeper. I found mine on Amazon from Magnificent Baby. It might help with turning it on because you don't have to undress her or put her down to get to the Snuza. 
  • Options
    My baby is now 5 months old and he only wears his at night, after I get him ready for bed I turn it on and put it on his diaper! We have never had any issues