April 2016 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    WTF Temp.  I sent her an email last night asking her to work on a report that we've been working on together for the last few weeks. I want her to be able to do it on her own since I'm the only one who works on this particular report, no one else will be able to answer her questions while I'm out on leave. I specifically said, "Let me know if you have any questions but I want you to rely on your notes as much as possible." and the first thing she does is ask me questions because she can't read her fucking notes because they don't make any sense. Which was sort of my point but still. It's too early to be asking me questions without trying first.
  • Options
    Wtf to my body... again... woke up in the middle of the night with my stomach hurting like nobody's business. It felt like my LO had moved up, it was horrible. Needless to say, I've had no sleep. Hopefully dr will do a membrane sweep today. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wtf contraction?  I felt like crap and "this is it" on Monday and then they stopped.  Nothing significant beyond BH yesterday, but woke up early this am to real contractions that lasted two hours before quitting.  Had my dr appt this am and of course everything is normal, including the constant period cramps that haven't gone away since Monday.

Also WTF to DH.  You've been working at home for the last two weeks.  How do you not have the house stuff and business stuff back in order?  Especially after you have been staying up until 2-3 the last two nights?
  • Options
    Wtf Honda! I got a recall notice for my FIT's airbag. In the note it says the faulty airbag can, and has, caused deaths. Great, I'm glad I know not to drive my car around but the new parts will not be available until summer so now I'm out of a car. They'll provide a rental but I have to cover insurance, which would normally be fine since it's a covered auto on my policy. But since it's more of a long term rental, I will have to add it to my insurance. Grrrr, I don't think this should have to cost me anything, it's already inconvenient enough! 
    DS born on 4/16/16

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Wtf Honda! I got a recall notice for my FIT's airbag. In the note it says the faulty airbag can, and has, caused deaths. Great, I'm glad I know not to drive my car around but the new parts will not be available until summer so now I'm out of a car. They'll provide a rental but I have to cover insurance, which would normally be fine since it's a covered auto on my policy. But since it's more of a long term rental, I will have to add it to my insurance. Grrrr, I don't think this should have to cost me anything, it's already inconvenient enough! 
    it shouldn't cost you anything!  A similar thing happened to me and I had to have a rental for 2 1/2 months and I filed the rental, including the full coverage insurance through the agency (Enterprise) with the recall department and they paid it all directly. I let my insurance know and they didn't need me to add it to my insurance because of the full coverage through the rental agency.  Good luck, what annoying timing!
  • Options
    WTF MIL - She was speaking to my husband and tells him that she thinks pregnancy is becoming too much for me to handle.... Ummmmm I'm 38 weeks pregnant, I think i'm entitled to want to take a nap and feel tired. And she wonders why I don't want to take her calls.  
  • Options
    emgee27 said:
    it shouldn't cost you anything!  A similar thing happened to me and I had to have a rental for 2 1/2 months and I filed the rental, including the full coverage insurance through the agency (Enterprise) with the recall department and they paid it all directly. I let my insurance know and they didn't need me to add it to my insurance because of the full coverage through the rental agency.  Good luck, what annoying timing!
    Really? I talked to the a rep at the dealer and he said I have to cover it! I'll get a second opinion. Thanks! 
    DS born on 4/16/16

• Options
    AEG84AEG84 member
    Are you 100% sure they don't have the parts at another dealer nearby? I just had the fix done for my Pilot two weeks ago. I know it varies by area whether they've gotten the parts in but might be worth calling around if you haven't already.
  • Options
    Wtf to my irrational fear/anger for if LO decides to make her appearance either today or tomorrow. I really want an April baby, but damn my body is freaking me out that LO will arrive right before April begins. : ( and now I feel like an idiot. 
  • Options
    AEG84 said:
    Are you 100% sure they don't have the parts at another dealer nearby? I just had the fix done for my Pilot two weeks ago. I know it varies by area whether they've gotten the parts in but might be worth calling around if you haven't already.
    This is a good suggestion. I would also suggest calling Honda corporate directly because you are pregnant, so they need to accommodate you a little more. They surely could send the part to your local dealer as a rushed/special circumstance.  

I would not trust what a rep at the dealer says because it could be something that they don't want to be liable for paying at the time or perhaps Honda would cover something for you that maybe they wouldn't for everyone. I went through the corporate office for the car rental stuff and reimbursement (this was the standard however, and the info I was given with the recall) and my local dealer only handled the actual part replacement when they got the part in. Good luck!
  • Options
    I was working at a Chevrolet dealership when a HUGE influx of recalls were brought in. You should definitely not be paying for insurance on a rental car the dealership is providing you, as they have their own, or they would be contracted with a local rental agency who's insurance you would be covered under. As far as whether or not the parts are in, we would have people call us, get put on a waiting list, and demand we take get their parts sooner all the time, which we had no way of doing. I would say if there is more than one Honda dealership in the area then go for it, but otherwise I would call back and ask to speak to a supervisor in this situation. My job was literally setting appointments, processing loaner vehicles, and the service writers were complete assholes about it. They usually had no idea what they were talking about. (Which may not be the case where you are, but definitely worth assuming imo)
  • Options
    yodiggity said:
    Wtf coworkers (specifically one) who say, "Oh, you're still here?" or some other dumb shit like that. Yes, I'm still here. You know I'm still here because you are actively ignoring my emails bit.ch
    Your work stories make me grateful that I work in a place where I can tell most people (minus those who outrank me by two or more pay grades) exactly where to shove it. 
  • Options
    yodiggity said:
    Wtf coworkers (specifically one) who say, "Oh, you're still here?" or some other dumb shit like that. Yes, I'm still here. You know I'm still here because you are actively ignoring my emails bit.ch
    Your work stories make me grateful that I work in a place where I can tell most people (minus those who outrank me by two or more pay grades) exactly where to shove it. 
    lol
  • Options
    WTF to this supposed "aunt" my cousin has. My cousin just had a baby not even a year ago and she a few days ago she found out she's pregnant with another one. The thing is she also found out she's 27 weeks along already and she had no idea she was pregnant. She wasn't feeling well and she went to the clinic and they ran tests. She announced on Facebook and everyone but one congratulated her. The one person was a total jackass and ripped into her saying, "What the hell you thinking....there is stuff called protection...I guess someone needs to man up and find a job somewhere, can't live on love forever." I would have crotch kicked anyone who came at me like that. Just saying.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    AEG84AEG84 member
    WTF to DH who likes to randomly "borrow" cash from our budget envelopes. I just pulled out cash to fill up for the end of this month and reconciled our envelopes to what they should have according to the ins and outs. We are short $80 in our vacation envelope and $50 in car maintenance. He says he only borrowed $20 from vacation. Either he is forgetting, or one of the kids has some sticky fingers. Neither option makes me happy.
  • Options
    AEG84 said:
    WTF to DH who likes to randomly "borrow" cash from our budget envelopes. I just pulled out cash to fill up for the end of this month and reconciled our envelopes to what they should have according to the ins and outs. We are short $80 in our vacation envelope and $50 in car maintenance. He says he only borrowed $20 from vacation. Either he is forgetting, or one of the kids has some sticky fingers. Neither option makes me happy.
    Yeah...I can't keep cash around. DH has no concept of budget and I'd lose my mind to come up even $20 short unless someone was dying. 
  • Options
    sarahufl said:
    yodiggity said:
    I stopped working at 39 weeks. I have a long commute and I was training my replacement and there is only so long a giant pregnant woman can share a desk with someone else, so I called it a day.

But literally for the final 2 weeks of me working, I would say "see you tomorrow!" and she would be all "you never know! I'm not planning on it (LOL)" And I wanted to smack her. She would also ask me 20 times a day how I was feeling and why I was still at work. 

Um, I'm still at work because I have nothing to do at home for potentially a month. I'm healthy- why wouldn't I keep coming in? Honestly, if not for my commute (20 min walk, 30 min train, 15 min bus ride), I would probably still be working this week because there is no reason not to.

A healthy pregnancy IS NOT a disability. I get that a lot of people can't work that long due to health complications (which I respect) but there is no reason not to if you are otherwise fine.
    I have a long commute too, almost an hour each way. I dont have a desk job, I work night shift in a lab at a beer brewery and Im on my feet most of the time. I'l admit the last month or 2 have been pretty difficult, and last night I was in so much pain. Thankfully tonight (which is considered first shift Thursday) is my last night because my due date is Friday. I wanted so badly to start my leave a week or 2 before my due date, but my only options were to work till my due date or until I go into labor. Last weekend my SFIL commented how Ive done good working this long and Im all well I had no choice not to! When I told my boss I would be starting my leave on my due date, she said " you know you can keep working past your due date" and Im like " YOU KEEP WORKING PAST YOUR DUE DATE!"  

My boss asks " you're still here?" everytime she sees me, its annoying! My coworkers though crack me up, because they've placed bets on when my baby will be born, $5 to make a guess. People will come up to me and say "no offense, but I hope I dont see you tomorow!" Lol
  • Options
    Ugh wtf. I know it's very common to have cramps and contractions after a cervical exam but I don't want to be experiencing this all day if it's not going to result in a baby! My heart goes out to all of you that have been enduring early
    labor for an extended period of time. I'm getting annoyed at just today. I think I'd go crazy with actual pain that lasts and lasts. 
  • Options
    AEG84 said:
    I will call around, thanks! The actual recall notice from Honda I received said parts will not be available until summer so I am guessing my region doesn't have any. But it doesn't hurt to ask. 
    DS born on 4/16/16

• Options
    emgee27 said:
    AEG84 said:
    This is a good suggestion. I would also suggest calling Honda corporate directly because you are pregnant, so they need to accommodate you a little more. They surely could send the part to your local dealer as a rushed/special circumstance.  

I would not trust what a rep at the dealer says because it could be something that they don't want to be liable for paying at the time or perhaps Honda would cover something for you that maybe they wouldn't for everyone. I went through the corporate office for the car rental stuff and reimbursement (this was the standard however, and the info I was given with the recall) and my local dealer only handled the actual part replacement when they got the part in. Good luck!
    Good call on calling Honda. I'll try that as well. I would much rather deal directly through them. I am not a big fan of my dealership. 
    DS born on 4/16/16

• Options

I was working at a Chevrolet dealership when a HUGE influx of recalls were brought in. You should definitely not be paying for insurance on a rental car the dealership is providing you, as they have their own, or they would be contracted with a local rental agency who's insurance you would be covered under. As far as whether or not the parts are in, we would have people call us, get put on a waiting list, and demand we take get their parts sooner all the time, which we had no way of doing. I would say if there is more than one Honda dealership in the area then go for it, but otherwise I would call back and ask to speak to a supervisor in this situation. My job was literally setting appointments, processing loaner vehicles, and the service writers were complete assholes about it. They usually had no idea what they were talking about. (Which may not be the case where you are, but definitely worth assuming imo)
    You are probably right about the rep. He seemed completely disinterested in the conversation. He did say that they go through Enterprise for car rentals so no loaner off the lot. 
    DS born on 4/16/16

• Options
    WTF to taxes...our accountant just finished putting our taxes together and we owe waaaay more than I was expecting! Was really hoping to have a little extra fluff in the bank account with a new child about to be here...looks like all that fluff is going to the government instead!
  • Options
    It's Thursday but whatever...WTF to this past 24 hours.  I had the headache from hell that kept me up all night and then DD wakes up with a fever at 5:30am.   My due date is 5 days away.  I can't deal with no sleep and sick toddler plus potentially going into labor!  Hopefully baby will hold off until early next week when everyone is better.  
  • Options
    Yesterday I walked into a meeting with a new potential client, and the first thing the lady says to me is "oh wow you look just like my niece!" Then she wouldn't let the meeting begin before she looked up a photo of her niece, who ended up being about 12 years younger than me, and well... Obese.

Public Service Announcement: Kindly refrain from telling the pregnant people that they look like your heaviest friends/family.