July 2015 Moms
Options

Rug burn

Is anyone else's baby getting rug burn? Even wearing a shirt, she'll get it on her stomach. Her crawling is getting on her hands and knees and lunging herself forward. She is starting to use her hands more, but it'll be a while more until she is crawling normal. Any suggestions? 

Re: Rug burn

• Options
    We have the same problem! Hazel can crawl with her hands and knees very well, but she will get rug burn is she wears shorts or dresses. All her summer clothes :(. We put plush blankets down and make sure she wears thick pants. The good news is that I think it's providing incentive for her to walk!
  • Options
    AKOL0AKOL0 member
    She never gets rug burn on her knees, only her stomach. It's kind of weird. When are about to remodel our house and put vinyl floors so I hope it helps. However I'm hoping she is walking by then. She already is wanting to walk all over. Go go go.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Emory gets rug burn on the top of her feet because she drags them as she crawls. Poor babies! 
  • Options
    Have you tried buying a play mat, I know at this stage they want to crawl everywhere lol but I have a big size play mat and I just put toys there and my son loves playing on it and it's soft if he falls, or crawls. Maybe it could help. Keep us updated mama! 
  • Options
    AKOL0AKOL0 member
    Her playmate doesn't help. She never stays on it, and would rather destroy it. I usually have to fix it 1000000 times a day. Lol.