January 2016 Moms

How long does your 2 month old sleep during the night?

2»

Re: How long does your 2 month old sleep during the night?

• @kvacmak my LO has the same birthday as yours and has the exact same problem! We only get at most a 2.5 hour sleep stretch mostly because he has so much gas and wakes himself up. Have you used any gas drops or anything yet? I haven't but I thought his gas would be better by now so I'm starting to consider doing something to help him. Sometimes he only nurses for like 5 minutes and goes back to sleep so I don't think he's waking up because he's hungry every time. 
  • kaym6 said:
    @WineBaby122 so true! I have done the same thing every night for a while and sometimes he gives me 6 hours and sometimes he gives me 6 minutes. Lol I wish it was as easy as just swaddling or rocking or sticking with the same thing every night! 
    Yes, this!
    Our LO does what she wants, I wish she had more of a schedule. Once she's asleep for the night she usually sleeps 3-4 hours at a time, except the past couple days it's been every 2 hours she wakes and wants to eat. I think she must be going through a growth spurt?? She will be 8 weeks this Friday and I really hope she'll sleep better/longer soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO is 6.5 weeks old and unfortunately he is on our swing shift schedule so he sleeps at around 1:30-2am. Then he wakes up at 5:30, feeds and sleeps till around 8:30. I'm still on maternity leave so I let him sleep in after 12 pm. This schedule is on a good night, maybe 4 or 5 times out of the week.
    I'll try to get him on an earlier sleep schedule when I go back to work cause I'll start on day shift (6 am) but for now, I'll keep him on this one because I sleep really well. 
  • kaym6kaym6 member
    Moms that have babies sleeping long hours at night or through the night if you're breastfeeding are you waking up to pump at night? How often? 
  • no I don't get up to pump, I sleep until she gets up to eat @kaym6
  • I'm starting to regret asking this question because now I'm jelly of almost all of you lol 
    If it makes you feel better, my 7 week old usually sleeps for 3 hours and then three 1 hour sessions.  Last night, he did 3-2-2.

• DS fell asleep at 10:30 last night. He last ate at 9. It is currently 6:25 and he's still sleeping. I'm going to go wake him in a few...kids gonna be hungry!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - FiGB
    Married DH 11/15/08
    Formerly MissMheMhe
  • willashbabywillashbaby member
    edited March 2016
    We get a solid 7-8 hours, from about 8:30 to 5:30, then he wakes for a "snack" of 3 ounces and back to sleep until about 8am. He will usually wake up and fuss for a few minutes around 1-2 am but just wants his wubbanub back.

ETA I fully admit he's just an easy baby and sleeper in general. He's been in his own room and crib since 2 weeks and unless he hasn't pooped is just easy. Having said that we have encouraged him to cut down on night feedings and increasing day feedings, we stopped feeding on demand (pumped breast milk) when he was 6 weeks and started moving towards scheduled feedings. He now eats on a slightly flexible but pretty consistent schedule of 4 daily feedings 4 hours apart with the one "snack" nighttime feeding. Hopefully that will be eliminated within the next few weeks. Following plan from The Baby Sleep Solution.
  • 10pm-7am :) thank you babywise! 
  • Ugh. So annoying. This is my second child and my first woke every 2 hours FOR 8 MONTHS. Then we sleep trained and now at 2.5 years old he takes a 2 to 3 hour nap every day and sleeps for 11 to 12 hours at night...which is pretty rare at his age. So I have hope that my 2nd bad sleeper (currently waking every 90 min to 2.5 hr) will also eventually (although hopefully before 8 months) become an amazing sleeper. It's rough now but i know that it will eventually be ok. Everyone else that is getting more than a few hours sleep at a time, congrats. You are very lucky!
  • 10 weeks here EBF. She'll sleep 4-5 hours for first stretch, (8-12 or 1), then wake up again in 2-3 hours then I bring her in bed for last stretch until 7ish.
  • @kvacmak yep same thing here. Gas wakes her up around 4-5am and I bring her into bed with me to change her position and work them out, otherwise she'll just grunt and groan in her bassinet and get frustrated. I lay her on my chest and she farts and passes out and I'll sleep that way too until 7ish
  • My 10 week old baby girl sleeps from 9pm-ish until about 8am-ish. I thank God every night for blessing us with such a good baby
  • Rach8672Rach8672 member
    edited March 2016
    LO is 10 weeks we get about 7 hours 1030 pm to 530 am .  Schedule has been off a little lately so fingers crossed . Back to work i go , boohoo. 

Yes most people are too tired to post. I'm tired and I really can't complain 
  • Just got our first 6 hour stretch followed by 3.5 hours! I'm not sure if it's just coincidence or not but the new sleep pattern happened when we upped his formula amount to 5 ounces every 4 hours from 4 ounces every 3-4 hours during the day. LO is 8 weeks old. 
  • 012016 said:
    Just got our first 6 hour stretch followed by 3.5 hours! I'm not sure if it's just coincidence or not but the new sleep pattern happened when we upped his formula amount to 5 ounces every 4 hours from 4 ounces every 3-4 hours during the day. LO is 8 weeks old. 
    We did the exact same and she sleeps longer. I don't think it's a coincidence !
  • I don't want to start a new sleep thread for this question, so I'll ask it here.  LO has been pretty fussy these last 3 nights from 9pm-12am. He cries out, maybe lets out some gas and is just kind of irritated.  He's not hungry (or at least we don't think so because we're able to console him and put him back to sleep), but for that 3 hour stretch we are constantly up and out of bed to whisper to him, rock him, soothe him, we even end up doing a diaper change to see if that helps.  He's 13w old and DH and I are trying to figure out if it's something we're doing/not doing or if it's just a phase he's going through right now.  He is in the middle of one of his Leaps based off of Wonder Weeks, so I am chalking it up to that.

My ? is though, these last 3 days because we've been soothing and trying to help him stay asleep, he goes 7-9 hours without eating.  Should I be waking him up to have a bottle by let's say, 6-7 am if he still isn't up or just let him wake on his own?  He's starting to get into a routine where he isn't waking for an early morning bottle anymore around 2-4 a.m. so that's not out of the ordinary, I just worry that going beyond 8 hours without a bottle isn't good. I don't want to assume that he'll just wake up when he's hungry.
  • I don't want to start a new sleep thread for this question, so I'll ask it here.  LO has been pretty fussy these last 3 nights from 9pm-12am. He cries out, maybe lets out some gas and is just kind of irritated.  He's not hungry (or at least we don't think so because we're able to console him and put him back to sleep), but for that 3 hour stretch we are constantly up and out of bed to whisper to him, rock him, soothe him, we even end up doing a diaper change to see if that helps.  He's 13w old and DH and I are trying to figure out if it's something we're doing/not doing or if it's just a phase he's going through right now.  He is in the middle of one of his Leaps based off of Wonder Weeks, so I am chalking it up to that.

My ? is though, these last 3 days because we've been soothing and trying to help him stay asleep, he goes 7-9 hours without eating.  Should I be waking him up to have a bottle by let's say, 6-7 am if he still isn't up or just let him wake on his own?  He's starting to get into a routine where he isn't waking for an early morning bottle anymore around 2-4 a.m. so that's not out of the ordinary, I just worry that going beyond 8 hours without a bottle isn't good. I don't want to assume that he'll just wake up when he's hungry.
    I literally just learned about wonder week last night bc my 8 week old has gone from happy baby to clingy and fussy. Id say yours is bc of wonder week. As for waking him, how long does he usually go? Id say if he's actually hungry he wont stay asleep. My 8 week old went from 3-4 hrs a night to 4-7 depending on the night. She wakes when shes hungry. Could it be a growth spurt? They sometimes sleep a lot during those