Pregnant after a Loss

10wk and 5 days preggo and not showing

so this is technically my fourth pregnancy (1 boy and then 2 m/c's) and I feel like I was showing for a while and now I shrunk down and am no longer? I was bloated and gassy (sorry tmi I know) so I'm trying to cool my jets and think that could be why? Anyone hardly show after being pregnant before this far along?  I will say I'm a tad freaked out cause my first m/c was a missed one and I stopped showing around this time :( BUT we never heard a heart with the last two miscarriages and this one we saw a strong heartbeat at 7 weeks along so not long ago. Gah...pregnancy after loss can be so so hard :( 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: 10wk and 5 days preggo and not showing

• *hugs*  I'm 11w2d today and I had my freakout last wednesday when I awoke to 0 symptoms and my pants miraculously fit again without a button extender.  That being said, I rushed to the doc where a quick doppler eased my worries.  Unfortunately, MS and bloating are back with a vengeance so I should have tried to appreciate it more.  FX it's nothing serious.  Good luck!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • edited March 2016
    anna.oskar omg you just made me feel LOADS better! Thank you! I freaked out Friday and was just a hot sobbing mess to my husband (even he said he noticed I've shrunk a bit). But I really think it could be I was so freaking bloated and that's why I was 'showing'. But no brown discharge with blood like I had with my missed miscarriage around this time! So I can only assume all is ok and it was stupid bloat? I have an apt this week thank god
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it's probably just your bloat going away. This is my 6th pregnancy (2 losses, 2 healthy boys, another loss and now this little one). I wasn't actually showing besides the bloat until like 14-15 weeks. You'll pop soon!! Hang in there.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • As other pp already have said it's common to have gas and bloating early on that comes and goes. This is my fifth pregnancy (1 boy, 3 losses and now this one). And I don't think I showed much before 14-15w either. Just hang in there, the baby-bump will appear soon! Wish you all the best
  • Thankfully, I had already read that many women look less pregnant as they approach the second trimester because bloating starts going away. Otherwise I would have been worried when it happened to me. It's perfectly normal, so no need to take it as a bad sign!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• The uterus is still really low at this point in pregnancy, even if you have had previous pregnancies. I definitely lost bloat towards the end of the first trimester and felt like I slimmed down for a minute. And I didn't *look* like I was showing to anyone except myself until about 16 weeks. It wasn't until 23ish weeks that friends started noticing and now that I am almost 27 weeks strangers and people who didn't know are finally just asking. I always used to look at the graphs that showed where the uterus should be and felt better when I realized they are still really low in the pelvis til around 12 weeks or so.