December 2015 Moms

Next Baby

2»

Re: Next Baby

• celainevcelainev member
    edited March 2016
    We've decided to start trying again on our 3rd anniversary next February!! So looks like 2016 will be a no-pregnancy year! Although last night when I got up to feed Carlos at 3 am, I threw up. Brought me back to my morning sickness days! Aahhhhh
  • Huh. Nope. Hubby on the 5 year train lol. 
  • Loading the player...
  • If H and I stay together DD is the only one. I'm sad about it but he really really doesn't want another baby. 
  • Yep trying again at the end of the year ☺️
  • DD was our second. DS is two and a half. DH had a vasectomy last Friday. We are done and I am glad that I wont ever be pregnant again. I was not one of those women who glow...I was just a hot mess. 
  • I will never have another one. This one is constantly crying and I can't possibly take any more of it from a second one. DH agrees. 
  • My DH started talking about the second one right after our little one was born . I did not want another so quickly, I want to be able to enjoy my DD and spoil her for a little while . My pregnancy was hard , I was very sick but labor went terribly wrong . My DD and I barely survived , my uterus tore, nearly ruptured. Thankfully our doctor was on point and performed an emergency c section before the uterus ruptured , otherwise one or both of us wouldn't be here. Because of the trauma I can't support a child for two years . I was devastated and traumatized by my delivery but hey now I don't have to try and reach an agreement with DH on when to start trying again ....two years, I got two years .
  • People keep asking me when we're going to have another and I just say nope, we're done. I love my baby girl, but that doesn't mean I want anymore kids. I'm 35, dh is 37, and we have 4 older (adopted) kids- so baby makes 5 kids. I did not like being pregnant and my recovery has been a little on the difficult side. I think even if we didn't have the 4 older kids, this would be my only pregnancy because I absolutely do not want to ever be pregnant again. But good luck to anyone that's already thinking about doing it again! My older kids are close in age- they are now 10, 11, 12, & 13 years old. It was extremely difficult when they were younger, but now I really like that they are so close together. 
  • Not pregnant yet, but I want to be soon, within a year. I'm too old to wait years in between, and I definitely want at least one more baby. I don't want my daughter to be an only child. DH is sort of on board, but I think for him we need to wait a few months. 
  • DH and I had a serious discussion about it, one where I asked his opinion, haha. We decided to start trying in about a year. We are aiming for late winter/early spring 2018... Hopefully by then DH will have had a few promotions at work and I can be a SAHM! 
  • I look as DS when he's sleeping or smiling and think "I could have like 10 of you" then when he screams I think "nope 1 and done"
    So we'll see, definitely be a few years at least 
  • We want another and last week had a quick scare where I felt so nauseas and gross, the way I felt the day before I found out I was pregnant with DS. I got the mirena 3 weeks pp but we thought maybe it didn't do its job within a week like it was supposed to before we got back to business. Anyway the test was negative and although part of me is super relieved because I couldn't imagine telling my boss I'm pregnant again when I return from leave (or having two little ones!!), another part is super disappointed because we are the type that need a surprise or will make excuses over and over for why "now" is never the right time. 
  • DH and I had a serious discussion about it, one where I asked his opinion, haha. We decided to start trying in about a year. We are aiming for late winter/early spring 2018... Hopefully by then DH will have had a few promotions at work and I can be a SAHM! 
    Yes. I told my DH if he wants another one, I'm going to have to be a SAHM. Hopefully his new job will give him a few bonuses by next year!
  • grkgdss00 said:
    Yep trying again at the end of the year ☺️
    Same here! I'm not as young as I used to be and I'd like to give myself time for a third (maybe even fourth!) while still having some energy to run around after them. Funny thing is I started my maternity leave in Nov and go back in May. Assuming I get pregnant right away, I'll be a little embarrassed to only be back at work half a year before announcing that I'm pregnant again. :)
  • I never thought I would be sad to close the door on this part of my life. I now have two beautiful girls and never considered having more, but actually making that decision is tough...for me. My husband is done. Ha! And financially it would be necessary if we want to spoil them even a little. Or have any time with them.
  • I can't wait to have another one, and my DH is on the same page. My pregnancy was pretty smooth considering a couple of risk factors that I had. Delivery didn't quite go as I would have liked it to, but my doctor was amazing and on top of everything, so we went for a c-section before it could have become an emergency situation. Our daughter is such a good baby, and she's started to sleep through the night within the last couple of weeks. We are going to wait until the end of the year and then start trying again. It took us 2 years to get pregnant the first time, and I'll be 33 in December. I don't want to wait too long. ;)
  • One & done! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had Mirena put in and the doctor suggested waiting 18 months before even starting to try again. I'm 31 and DH is 37. I think he's in more of a hurry than I am. I still don't know if I'm entirely on board for another, but if we decide to I would want a May baby (because then I get 3 months off and don't have to take FML...A). So maybe aim for May 2018.
  • Honestly  I have a 3 year old and this one who was born on the 30th of December and having 2 in diapers is ROUGH. Then the younger they are the more dependent on you they are. My 3 year old just completely got potty trained so that helped me a lot as well. When my LO is crying for something and my DS is needing something -- it's stressful for me. Next time I get pregnant I want my LO to be 3 years old. If I don't get pregnant until later than that -- it's okay for me. Minimum 3 years.
    DD#1 born 12/30/2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DS#1 born 02/19/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• More than one has always been our plan. I had a c section and I was told to wait a year to try again. It makes me nervous to wait because it wasn't easy for me to get pregnant, and I am 33, but my body needs time to heal from what happened. I already know I want another though. 
  • groovylocksgroovylocks member
    edited March 2016
    One and done. I'm in my 30s, divorce likely on the horizon, and I want to focus on my career. I need to be sure that my children get all the attention I can give them and with one, it's easier. 

However if I decide to get into another serious relationship (that's a big damn if) it would be with somebody who has children too. So in that sense i would parent another person. 
  • I was done with my two. Now that I'm in the middle of getting divorced, I want another(not with him, dear God no). Maybe it's some psychological thing with wanting something I can't have? 

Either way, if I ever get in another relationship, only way I would probably have one is if I knew I would be able to stay home. 
  • I would like to adopt. It's always been a thing for me. Have one of my own and adopt one. We shall see though. 
  • Even when its rough with DD, I want to start trying for another by the end of the year. I feel like I didn't get a chance to truly enjoy the first two months and while I'm excited to experience her getting older, I would love to do it one more time. 
    SO is in the one and done camp but is semi open to the idea of a second. It will probably take until DD is 1 to come to a definite decision. 
  • taysun said:
    Even when its rough with DD, I want to start trying for another by the end of the year. I feel like I didn't get a chance to truly enjoy the first two months and while I'm excited to experience her getting older, I would love to do it one more time. 
    SO is in the one and done camp but is semi open to the idea of a second. It will probably take until DD is 1 to come to a definite decision. 
    I totally get this! I want a better birth experience and a better first 2 months too.