Multiples
Options

When did your twins sleep through the night?

My twins are ten weeks and still eating every three hours. I am EP and they're consuming 33-37 ounces each a day. My daughter has been a couple of weeks ahead of my son developmentally so far. She is beginning to transition to only needing one overnight feed while my son is still waking twice. What did you mamas do in similar situations? Should I keep waking her to eat when he does (as I have been) or let her develop her own schedule? I am returning to work in 3 weeks and hoping to have a better routine by then. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: When did your twins sleep through the night?

• Options
    No advice, but following. My two are 8 weeks and wake about twice a night (on a good one). 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
                    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My boys didn't consistantly sleep all they way through the night without waking until they were 18 months old!! But I think it was a mixture of them being awful sleepers, I was still nursing, and I wasn't consistant with sleep training.. But in your situation I would probably keep waking her if the other wakes so you don't end up getting up 3 different times instead of just the two when your son has been waking up (if that makes sense). 

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kde4kde4 member
    Our boys started consistently sleeping through the night at 7 months. That was about the time that we dropped the dream feed as well.

www.theydontfeedthemselves.com

My favorite activities and tips for surviving different phases with our twins!

• Options
    Mine started sleeping through at 4 months. Hudson was probably ready a couple weeks before Conrad, but I continued to wake him so I didn't end up having to wake up more than necessary,  Eventually, Conrad caught on too & they both slept through. On occasion, they will wake up crying at 2 AM but we give them 15 mins or so to cry it out & they typically just fall back to sleep. My ped said as long as they are getting 32 oz during the day, the absolutely do not need to eat at night. 
    DH & I married 12/17/2012
    Me (31)-dx w/PCOS 2007, when married to ex-husband after MC
    DH (41)-no MFI
    07/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI= chem preg ;(
    08/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    09/2014-Clomid 100mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    10/2014-benched due to RE out of town, tying naturally!
    11/2014-benched due to cyst
    12/2014-Femara 5mg + stair step with additional 5 days Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI=BFN
    01/2015-Femara 5mg + Gonal F 25 units + trigger (plus additional Gonal F 100 units on trigger night) + IUI= BFP!!! Twins due 10/2015
    09/28/2015- Surprise!  Conrad and Hudson born at 35w6d!  
  • Options
    suchaglencocosuchaglencoco member
    edited March 2016
    Mine are 14 1/2 weeks and wake mostly only once a night for feedings. I'm anxiously awaiting the mythical "sleeping through the night".
    We spoke with our doctors both in the nicu and their regular ped who all agreed to wake one and feed them if the other is hungry to avoid constantly feeding one or the other. Some days our son wants to eat more often, others it's our daughter. Both are healthy and gaining significant weight, which is great since they were premature.