June 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms go here...

Re: Weekly Randoms go here...

• Options
    Ok so I have read everything about this online. I'm waiting a call back from my ob's office but I wanted to see what you ladies think about dental X rays while pregnant. 

Has as anyone had them while expecting?

I'm going to the dentist for the first time in a very long time Thursday so they really want to do them. I have pretty good teeth (only one cavity ever) and I'm just going for a cleaning since I'm having some gum problems since I've been pregnant. But I haven't had X rays in over ten years. 

The tech said I can refuse them but she kind of treated me like I was being too concerned about it all and that it's completely safe. 

I get so anxious. Ugh. Already dreading this. 
  • Options
    Ugh the daycare we were "all set" for just informed us that we won't have a spot in Sept. Because of existing parents having new babies.  I get that they need first placement, but I am annoyed.  Now I have to start from the beginning again.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My dentist refused to perform an X-ray because of the risk. I wouldn't do it. @lunagrl79
  • Options
    lunagrl79 said:
    Ok so I have read everything about this online. I'm waiting a call back from my ob's office but I wanted to see what you ladies think about dental X rays while pregnant. 

Has as anyone had them while expecting?

I'm going to the dentist for the first time in a very long time Thursday so they really want to do them. I have pretty good teeth (only one cavity ever) and I'm just going for a cleaning since I'm having some gum problems since I've been pregnant. But I haven't had X rays in over ten years. 

The tech said I can refuse them but she kind of treated me like I was being too concerned about it all and that it's completely safe. 

I get so anxious. Ugh. Already dreading this. 
    My ob office allows dental X-rays with a full shield. All of the times I have been pregnant, I have only done a cleaning. I just don't like the feeling that it could be harmful. Can you go back right after the baby is born? 
  • Options
    @lunagrl79, my dentist refused to do X-rays at my last visit since I was pregnant.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 
  • Options
    @lunagrl79 When I went to the dentist in January, they wanted to take xrays because I went to a new practice because my insurance changed.  I refused and promised to let them take xrays after my baby was born.  They let me do that.  Although I'm not sure if "let" me is the right word because I wasn't going to let that xray machine near my unborn baby.
  • Options
    @lunagrl79- i agree with PPs and go back afterwards for the x-rays. Not worth it. 
  • Options
    crdocrdo member
    Yep, I'd wait on the xrays. Yes, you'd be shielded, but I'd err on the side of caution. 
  • Options
    MeganF08 said:
    I think the baby being counted as a person thing is on a state by state basis. My best friend is an ICU nurse here and they have a lady that has been completely brain dead since Christmas that the state is making them keep on life support just  because she is pregnant. She was 17 weeks at the time of the accident and they will take her off of life support as soon as they deliver the baby at 37 weeks. It isn't even up to the next of kin (her mother did not want this to happen). It is very sad especially since the baby likely has developmental issues as the mother was not breathing at all for 30 minutes after the accident. 
    Yep.  

https://www.ncsl.org/research/health/fetal-homicide-state-laws.aspx
    DS 9/2/13 was a BFP from an IUI!
    Triplets due 6/29/16 also from an IUI!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @PBear93 a labor buddy is someone who you communicate with in private message or more (email, text, facebook) depending on your comfort level. When you go into labor theory is you would notify them and they would post on the board for you. I posted a link earlier to a really good explanation but that was so many pages ago I can't find it. 

babysizercom pregnancy ticker

• Options
    I'm starting the nesting phase..... And it's creeping my H out. Lol. Bedding is washed, and I'm about to start nb-3 month stuff next.... I think some of it is because I really feel like shit today but want to look productive, so this way I can start some laundry and take a nap while it's doing its thing. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    About the woman being on life support for the sake of the baby, H and I had a huge argument about if something like that were to happen to us. I told him if it came to me or the baby, save the baby. Always. I've lived a full life and would never forgive him for not giving our child a chance. He believes the opposite. It caused a huge fight between us and we still haven't settled it 2 years later :/
  • Options
    I have my glucose test next week. Not looking forward to it.
  • Options
    I have my glucose test next week. Not looking forward to it.
    You got this!!! Call your office ahead of time and see if you can request the drink chilled. I thought I was for sure going to fail miserably since my diet consists of mainly spaghetti, Mac n cheese, chocolate and juice. Lol. I'm such a little kid.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Totally nesting, too. H is gone for work, so while the kids painted in the tub, I went through and organized our CD stash, all our NB dipes (disposables), and took the tags off and organized all the clothes. If I could switch the kids' rooms around myself, I would. 
  • Options
    @ahernandez16 I want Cinnabon SO bad. I tried to make pillsbury cinnamon rolls but it wasn't the same. My dog is getting groomed on Saturday and I think I might make the trip to Cinnabon while I'm waiting for him to finish. Mmmmm. 
  • Options
    Also, two random things:
    1. My feet sound like sandpaper against my socks. Think it's pedi time. 
    2. Is it lame that I could go to bed right now? At 7:47pm?!
  • Options
    I'm starting the nesting phase..... And it's creeping my H out. Lol. Bedding is washed, and I'm about to start nb-3 month stuff next.... I think some of it is because I really feel like shit today but want to look productive, so this way I can start some laundry and take a nap while it's doing its thing. 
    I am also in the nesting phase prompted by actually having a crib and not a pack n play now. I want to basically turn half of our room into a tiny nursery and that was so not the plan before. I'm typically so lax about everything. Like, we got the wrong table cloths sent to us for our wedding and didn't get the vases we ordered and the flowers were all wrong and I was like, meh.

So it's freaking H out that I'm in full on nest/everything needs to get done NOW mode. I never really believed in nesting being like a thing you can't control... But I believe it now. 
    I figured it was too early for nesting but apparently not (thank goodness, I'm not just going crazy).  I've been hyper cleaning the whole house the past few days, including stuff that I normally rarely bother with like the baseboards.  I've done all I can in the nursery until we get more stuff so I guess it's just expanding to the whole house now.  
  • Options
    Any tips or suggestions to make this little dude turn. He's feet down fully breech and my bladder and cervix are sore from him using them as his own personal trampoline. When will be turn?!?! It's been two weeks like this yikessss. 

In the meantime I want TOTS all the tots. Lol 
  • Options
    HBamama2B said:
    That horrible moment as newlyweds...
    when you lock gazes with each other on sandwich night and realize-- one of you cuts sandwiches the right way [ | ], and one diagonally (shudder). 

"But honey, how will we raise the boy?" I'm sorry DH, but:

I agree with your H, you weirdo!
    Another vote for your H. Sorry......
  • Options
    Any tips or suggestions to make this little dude turn. He's feet down fully breech and my bladder and cervix are sore from him using them as his own personal trampoline. When will be turn?!?! It's been two weeks like this yikessss. 

In the meantime I want TOTS all the tots. Lol 
    Try spinningbabies.com for some exercises. Those cervix kicks are no fun :-/
  • Options
    HBamama2B said:
    when you lock gazes with each other on sandwich night and realize-- one of you cuts sandwiches the right way [ | ], and one diagonally (shudder). 

Make that 3. Sorry @HBamama2B
    Me: 30 || DH: 32
    Married: May 3, 2014 

SaveSave
  • Options
    HBamama2B said:

Yep, me too...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    HBamama2B said:
    I don't think you can take on four of us, even if you have the strength of a grown woman AND a fetus. 
  • Options
    HBamama2B said:

Yep, me too...
    Always diagonal for me too, but my husband cuts them straight across lol...
  • Options
    HBamama2B said:
    I don't think you can take on four of us, even if you have the strength of a grown woman AND a fetus. 
    I can and shall! My fetus is a ninja, grown strong on correctly cut sandwiches! 
  • Options
    HBamama2B said:
    HBamama2B said:
    Bring. It. ;)
  • Options
    HBamama2B said:
    HBamama2B said:
    Another for cutting diagonal! Then you turn the points together and make a butterfly...or maybe that's just for the toddler in the house. 

• Options
    Diagonal FTW!
  • Options
    I just had an amazing mani and pedi! I want to go weekly for a pedi now because the massage the guy gave was the best thing ever. If I didn't feel disgusting for eating chips at lunch (not my friend right now apparently) then I would be in heaven. 

• Options
    Diagonal for sure!
  • Options
    Who are all you diagnol cutting sandwich people?  Cutting straight down the middle is totally the proper way!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"