Breastfeeding

Energy drinks...s.o.s

andreaAL11andreaAL11 member
edited February 2016 in Breastfeeding
I've never really drank energy drinks, never when pregnant, but I had maybe half of a monster today, and I know it says if you're nursing it's not recommended. I was desperate, and I don't think I'll ever be desperate again. DD hasn't been able to take more than a 20 minute nap, and she's been fussy and spastic all day. We are still going as of now. I really messed up, I guess she's really sensitive to energy drinks. She's also going on a nursing strike I think!!

Has as anyone else had a similar experience?? I seriously regret ever drinking it. Please help me. Advice on how to stop it

Re: Energy drinks...s.o.s

• I've never had this experience but I would think you're just going to have to wait it out until the caffeine is out of your LO's system unfortunately. Maybe don't drink any more energy drinks. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • How old is your baby girl?
  • Loading the player...
  • Different babies respond differently to caffeine (I'm not sure about the other additives in Monster).  My LO sleeps just fine if I have a cup of black tea or a tall latte.  You could try drinking a small amount of naturally caffeinated beverage (coffee or tea) and see how baby reacts.  I drank tea throughout my pregnancy, so she might be a bit used to it.

Don't beat yourself up too much over the monster.  It might not have even been the drink, sometimes babies just don't nap much a day.  One energy drink isn't going to cause any long term issues.
  • DS is 9 months and I drink coffee daily & he's unaffected-I always have. Like a PP suggested, maybe next time try that. 
  • Nyssana said:
    How old is your baby girl?
    She's 3 months old