June 2015 Moms
Options

Randoms!

1525354555658»

Re: Randoms!

• Options
    Do you think it's ok to have a naked baby pic on facebook? No private parts are showing but the side of LO's butt is. The photographer posted it on her page. I had told her ok as long as no front naked pics (obviously). Wasn't thinking too much into it I guess. I'm sure it's fine but wanted opinions because I get worried about stuff like this. LO is 8 months today, still just a baby. I think it's probably fine. Guess I just want reassurance or if you disagree that's fine too! I can ask her to take it down. DH must be fine with it, he tagged me in the photo & he's very protective of LO. What do you think?
  • Options
    I think I put some on with the side of lo's butt from her newborn pics. Can't remember though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've seen lots of nakey baby butts in random photos. Its kind of a nakey baby photo thing, I think
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ok. Thanks ladies! I'm such a worrier! Good to hear.
  • Options
    I agree, baby butt are fine but I'm uncomfortable with front nudity on social media. My favorite month pic of DS has his naked butt.
  • Options
    So, awhile ago i posted on here about how I had found a lump on my thigh and Doctor googled it to my extreme panic. After a couple ultrasounds and me pushing for an MRI I got the results back and the MRI indicates it's an atypical lipoma or a low-grade liposarcoma. Either way my doctor has recommended surgery to remove it (it's a significant size in my upper thigh) and they'll remove the lump and some of the healthy tissue surrounding it. Le sigh :(
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that @upandbelow. Hoping you have an easy surgery & speedy recovery
  • Options
    Sammy KSammy K member
    edited January 2016
    @upandbelow A friend had a liposarcoma in her calf. It was caught early, removed and she's had no issues since. I'm glad you followed your gut and it's being taken care of. Hopefully it's benign! Keep us posted.

ETA posted too early
  • Options
    @upandbelow glad you caught it early and are getting it taken care of. Wishes for a speedy recovery
  • Options
    So we've been really lucky with diaper rash up until now (never even used our desitin until now) but one of my girls was sick over the weekend with diarrhea and now has what looks like the worlds worst diaper rash. She's currently rolling around the living room without a diaper, but other than that and the desitin any other miracle diaper rash remedies?
  • Options
    Im hiding in the bathroom from a very sick cranky baby and tired husband. I guess i should get out soon. But just got out of work, can i just get 5 minutes to myself? Guess not :(
  • Options
    beckyk9109 said:
    So we've been really lucky with diaper rash up until now (never even used our desitin until now) but one of my girls was sick over the weekend with diarrhea and now has what looks like the worlds worst diaper rash. She's currently rolling around the living room without a diaper, but other than that and the desitin any other miracle diaper rash remedies?
    I rhink aquaphor is the best! I slather it on every diaper change and we've never had an issue. 
  • Options
    I used to slather on desitin at night at any sign of redness... but then LO's butt was starting to get chapped.  Now i usually just smear a little glob of vaseline on his butt.  Not sure if that's supposed to help clear up an already existing rash, but it's been working great for us. 
  • Options
    A bath in warm water and baking soda helps. When we had it bad - like she looked BURNED bad - we alternated desitin and 0.5% hydrocortisone cream (per the pedi). And lots of naked time. Someone on the forums suggested putting a dog pee pad down so the baby can roam without fear of peeing on the floor. Good luck!
  • Options
    We did aquaphor all yesterday and her bum is looking great today! Still has some sores but they don't look near as bad. Thanks for all the suggestions!
  • Options
    My sister in law told me last night that her daughter (now 13) walked at 7 months. My baby girl is 6 months now and it put me in a panic that I'm not doing enough as she is just getting good at sitting up with the assistance of her Boppy. I'm wondering if my SIL's memory is flawed...I just don't see how walking at 7 months is developmentally possible! 
  • Options
    I think I walked when I was 8 months old but that's rare. I think most babies walk around 1. My other daughter  started walking right after her first birthday. 
  • Options
    Sammy K said:
    The earliest I've ever seen/heard of a baby walking is 9 months and that is WAY early. Crawling at 9 months is normal. Walking at 7 months is not. If someone told me their baby was walking at 7 months, I'd smile and nod.
    My LO may be walking at 7 months lol. kidding, but boy does he wish he could! He is trying so hard. 
  • Options
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Options
    My sister in law told me last night that her daughter (now 13) walked at 7 months. My baby girl is 6 months now and it put me in a panic that I'm not doing enough as she is just getting good at sitting up with the assistance of her Boppy. I'm wondering if my SIL's memory is flawed...I just don't see how walking at 7 months is developmentally possible! 
    I think she is indulging in some selective memory. She may believe it happened that way, but I really doubt it happened that way
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    HEEEELLLPPPP: going to a birthday party for a friend's daughter tomorrow. She's 2. What do I get a 2 year old?!
  • Options
    My grandma always claimed my dad was potty trained by one. Says she never had two in diapers & his sister is only a year & a day younger than him. 
    @messymolly08 I don't know about walking at 7 months. Maybe she meant while holding baby's hands. 
  • Options
    ciennah99 said:
    My grandma always claimed my dad was potty trained by one. Says she never had two in diapers & his sister is only a year & a day younger than him. 
    @messymolly08 I don't know about walking at 7 months. Maybe she meant while holding baby's hands. 
    I think you're right.
  • Options
    I have seen a 9mo walk. It looks so strange, because they are so tiny.
  • Options
    ciennah99 said:
    I think you're right  

*QBF
    Maybe she means grazing. That's not actually walking but pulling up and "walking" along furniture. 
  • Options
    My SO's mother tells me all the time how SO was walking at 9 months. To her, he was advanced at everything... sure
  • Options
    It's possible. Today on one of my mom group pages I saw a video of a baby born on 6/17 taking his first couple steps. My jaw dropped. So, it can happen.  :o
  • Options
    ^^^^ this. Dh walked at 9 mo. There is video proof. Rare but it can happen 
  • Options
    My pediatrician thinks LO will be walking by his 9 month appointment. We shall see! 
  • Options
    I have a bunch of videos on my phone of LO. Besides putting them on my old computer I'd like to upload them to a secure site to store them. Does anyone have any suggestions? I know some cost $, others are free. I'm out of room on my i phone!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    ciennah99 said:
    I have a bunch of videos on my phone of LO. Besides putting them on my old computer I'd like to upload them to a secure site to store them. Does anyone have any suggestions? I know some cost $, others are free. I'm out of room on my i phone!
    I'm using Vimeo but it's a 500Mb/week limit unless you pay to upgrade... Which I'm not willing to do. I like the site though.

Glad you asked this!
  • Options
    @virginiaunicorn11 thanks! I'll hane to check it out. Are your videos private then?
  • Options
    ciennah99 said:
    @virginiaunicorn11 thanks! I'll hane to check it out. Are your videos private then?
    They can be, or you can share them. My photographer friend turned me on to the site. I will ask him what he's currently using for his own stuff.