Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Thursday

Re: TWW Thursday

• Month / Cycle: 19/2ndAL

CD / DPO:  23/7

Timing: Good 

Testing Plans: Sunday aka 10dpo

R / R / CS:  I'm good today

GTKY: Are you going on vacation this year? If not, where would you like to go?  Nope. My dream trip would be a British isles cruise 
    DS#1: born Dec 29, 2013 
    TTC#2 since Sept 2014 - unexplained secondary IF
    BFP #2: 11.7.14  M/C: 11.27.14 @ 6w3days
    BFP #3: 04.19.2015 M/C 04.27.15 @ 4w3days
    BFP #4: 10.05.2015 C/P @ 3w4days
    Oct 11, 2015: Cycle 13. Starting Femara (2.5mg). HSG this cycle (all clear) - BFN
    Nov 12, 2015: Cyle 14. Femara 5mg + IUI - BFN
    Dec 10, 2015: Cycle 15. Femara 5mg + IUI #2 - BFP #5! C/P 4w4d
    Jan 10, 2016: Cycle 16. Femara 5mg + IUI #3 - BFN.
    Feb 10, 2016: Cycle 17.  No IUI or meds. Taking a break - Natural BFP Mar 5, 2016!!!! EDD Nov 16, 2016
    Moving to IVF March 2016
    Beta at 10dpo: 21, Beta at 12dpo: 98, Beta at 14dpo: 264, Beta at 16dpo: 745
    U/S 6w6d: single beautiful heartbeat of 121bpm - It's a boy!!!!
    Nov 3, 2016: Our family became complete. Welcome DS #2.
  • Loading the player...
  • Month/cycle 2/2

CD/DPO - 15/0

Timing -2, -1 hopefully 0 later today

Testing Plans - planning on waiting until at least 13 dpo. I'll probably be able to resist testing until the day excpecting my period this month because the last two months I tested from 10 dpo until AF showed up.

R / R / CS - I'm having a hard time quitting cigarettes and I'm worried that it could have an effect on our fertility on a whole bunch of levels. Sure, my mom smoked when she got pregnant with all three of her kids and she kept smoking with me, and all but one of her pregnancies were fine, and I turned out all right, and blah blah blah, but I just want to be healthy! I want to be doing all I can before I get pregnant to make my body healthy because I'm scared that I could be hurting my future kids with my actions now. And my fiancé and I are already TTC so anything I'm doing now could totally affect a pregnancy. We both know it's no good for us and we both do want to quit smoking but it's like we need a kick or a plan to get real about it. This past week I cut down from half a pack to 3 in a day and I went a day without one, but then the next morning I really wanted one before work and I bought myself a pack. Now I've gone back up to smoking half a pack a day. Ughh. Smoking is absolutely idiotic. Why did I start smoking in high school? Fucking gave myself an addiction for a 2 minute head rush. 
    Do any of you guys have any tips or advice? I've heard a little bit about quit calendars, do they work??

also, freaking allergy season. Nuf said.

GTKY - my SO and I are probably either going to lagoon in Utah or a local hotspring resort for our little honeymoon after we do our courthouse wedding. We want to go somewhere that's close and not expensive because we're putting a down payment on a window washing business from a guy my SO works for in May and we need to save up for that. Our "real" wedding for our families won't be until next winter or spring.

• @felix08 Juice Beauty is the company. I just received yesterday so I'm not sure how well it works yet but it looks promising!
    TTC #1: March 2011 (slightly before)
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    Several HSG's sprinkled throughout the years to up my chances of a BFP
    Several dilation of cervix because they suspect the scar tissue is hindering it from fully opening (partially adds to the severe cramps all month)
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016
    ER-Retrieved 22 eggs 10 fertilized
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET estimated end of Feb, beginning of March

• felix08 said:
    @trulyblessed22 Congrats!!! I'm so happy at least one of us 12dpo got good news! You having cramping is giving me a little shred of hope (besides that dratted spotting I had last night, ha!). How exciting that you get to surprise DH on his birthday. You'll have to let us know how he reacts. 

@JasTay8 Is there a possibility that something impacted your high temps on CD16 and 18? If so, I could see your O day possibly being later. Also, we just went to Greece last summer as part of our honeymoon and it was so incredible--definitely exceeded my expectations! 

@GhanimaAtreides Thanks for your thoughtful words--I really shouldn't even look up statistics anymore! They just make me feel anxious and sad.

@lcsrva Enjoy your honeymoon! What's on the itinerary besides Florence?

@Sarah0985 Thanks for hugs! I live about 90 miles west of the city so really not even a suburb at all, ha...I'm sure you have many more recommendations then I would have. Enjoy your time with family!

@rkstro2 Thanks--it really is much harder to deal emotionally than I expected (well and, of course, I did not expect TTC to take this long). It's been so helpful to interact on here with other people in the same boat. 

@TotororyInLove We thought about going to Japan this summer, as well, but plans are falling through unfortunately. Where were you planning to go? 

@Winnie81 What company are you ordering your skincare products from? I am on the hunt for something new--my skin has been atrocious recently. 

We had planned for 2.5 weeks in Kyoto and Tokyo with lots of day trips and a Ghibli Museum trip in Fall 2016 or in Spring 2017 but it looks like DH's (somewhat) new job won't allow for the 2 or 3 week trip that would make it worth it. So England it is with some Scottish excurasions!
    Previously PaukMeKiande
    Surprise BFP/MC February 2011 
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017
    Surprise BFP/MC April 2017
  • Winnie81 said:
    @virginiaham I'm so jealous! We took a trip to the PNW last year and it was amazing! We had brunch at a place called Seaton Seabar & Rotisserie and OMG...just omg...
    @Winnie81 I just looked it up on Yelp and it looks amazing!  It's in my bookmarks now!
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• Winnie81 said:
    @virginiaham I'm so jealous! We took a trip to the PNW last year and it was amazing! We had brunch at a place called Seaton Seabar & Rotisserie and OMG...just omg...
    @Winnie81 I just looked it up on Yelp and it looks amazing!  It's in my bookmarks now!
    I recommend the chicken & biscuits! 
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    Several dilation of cervix because they suspect the scar tissue is hindering it from fully opening (partially adds to the severe cramps all month)
    ER 12/1/2016
    FET 1/10/2017  

• @Sirius37 TB is always logging me out too! So frustrating. Also, if I refresh the page it will just turn the screen white. The only way to fix it is to close the app and then reopen it.
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    ER 12/1/2016
    FET 1/10/2017  

• @Sirius37 this happens to me often also.  This morning I closed completely out and had to re-login and its been working ever since but it is annoying 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• ***Lurking from WTO***
    Congrats @TrulyBlessed22! H&H 9 to you, lady!! Woohoo!!

• BigBadWolf12BigBadWolf12 member
    edited March 2016
    @TrulyBlessed22 That's such a cute story :) So glad you could surprise him that way - what a special birthday memory :)

ETA: When I posted that and saw the creepy bunny pop up, I felt like my message was going to seem less genuine...so, if you can, look past the creepy bunny at the congratulations behind it ;) 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• @buthayna lol no worries, I know all about the challenge.  There are some good ones on here...never realized how creepy some bunnies can be lol

• ***Lurking from WTO***

@TrulyBlessed22 - congratulations!  H&H pregnancy wishes to you!

@chelleCPA - Happy 30th!  30 was my best year ever!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO:  25/9

Timing: -4, -3, -2, -1, 0 

Testing Plans: Saturday at 11DPO for drinking purposes

R/R/CS:  I went down the SS rabbit hole yesterday and I'm trying to claw my way out.  Meanwhile I'm super excited for the next House of Cards season coming out tomorrow!!

GTKY: Are you going on vacation this year? If not, where would you like to go?  No major travel plans, we tend to do frequent smaller trips.  I'd love to go to Scotland though.  Stay in some little cottage where they herd sheep or something.  Just something totally different from my life.

Me: 32 | DH: 36

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

4/2017 - Initial RE visit, Dx: Severe MFI (Varicocele, 14% motility, 3% progression, but normal count)

7/2017 - Stage 3 endometriosis discovered during laparoscopic removal of ovarian cyst

9/27/2017 - BFP at 10dpo (cycle 22), baby boy due June 9, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ChelleCPA - Happy Birthday!  Enjoy all the Sushi and Cake! :)

• Month / Cycle: 2 / 1 AL

CD / DPO: 27 / 10

Timing: Good

Testing Plans:  Maybe Sunday unless AF shows

R / R / CS: Nothing today

GTKY: Nothing really planned for this year. Just waiting for next March when we have our big Disney trip planned. We usually go every year around this time but decided to take this one off and save some money. Now I'm wondering why we did that because it's COLD here and I wanna be in the Florida sunshine!!
  • @Happyapple1326 I smoked for 8 years! In July it will be 2 years since I quit. I wish I could say it was hard and commiserate with you but I was so over it. I got a sore throat one day and could barely smoke, so I just never bought another pack and that was it. I'm so glad I quit years before even thinking about TTC because I did not want to be in the position of trying to quit while TTC. Let me tell you though, I feel so much better! Honestly. It'll be so worth it! And just try to think of how healthy you'll be and ultimately your LO. Good luck!
  • @megzb510 - I've always wanted to go to Turks & Caicos! Was it as beautiful as the photos?

@nwegman7878 - hugs to you, hoping you get a BFP in the near future <3

@felix09 - you're allowed to feel however you want to about this journey, I'm sure most of us can empathize. wishing you the best!

@trulyblessed22 - Congratulations!!! So happy for you :):):)

Month / Cycle: 3 / 2

CD / DPO: 33 / 16

Timing: -5, 0, 3

Testing Plans: HPT tomorrow AM if I don't get AF today

R / R / CS: I am feeling better overall since being off BCP... also haven't had coffee in 2.5 weeks. I wish I knew whether my cycles are consistent. Still at it with the temping & charting.

GTKY: Are you going on vacation this year? If not, where would you like to go? Been on a few already this year, next up is Napa Valley, Chicago, Orlando, then cross country road trip in the summer. This might be the first year we're not going internationally... Maybe we can fit in a trip to Vancouver or Victoria *crosses fingers*

• Month / Cycle: 4th cycle after TX. 

CD / DPO: cd19/4dpo

Timing: - 4 - 3 - 1 +1 plus a bunch before and after bc I wasn't sure I had ovulated.  

Testing Plans: none. 

R / R / CS:  my temp dipped below cover line today...   Wth is that about.  I'm still slightly nervous I may not have ovulated since I only got "high"  readings on my cb digi advanced. It sure looked like I ovulated though on my chart...  But this dip today put doubt back in my mind..  

GTKY: Are you going on vacation this year? If not, where would you like to go?  
    We just moved to Northern California and will not be living here for very long.  It's temporary for DH's work...  So we are really sticking around california mostly for "weekenders" ...  There are so many cool places we've already been- Napa,  SF,  Lake Tahoe,  Yosemite,  Joshua trees, lost coast,  redwoods .  And we still have so many places left to see...  Big Sur,  3 other national parks,  LA,  ancient pinecone trees.  We're slowly ticking everything off our list on weekends when we can get away,  but we're using our "vacation funds"  for the minis...  So no big ones this year.  Plus for the holidays we alway do something big.  (this year we did a month long road trip and stayed in the family cabin for awhile).  

Married May 2014
    TTC Nov 2014-Aug 2016
    Aug 2015 Dx: Thyroid Cancer and Hashimotos
    Total Thyroidectomy October 2015 
    Ovarian Cystectomy Nov 2015
    CANCER FREE and resumed TTC Dec 2015.

• GTKY: Are you going on vacation this year? If not, where would you like to go?  
    We just moved to Northern California and will not be living here for very long.  It's temporary for DH's work...  So we are really sticking around california mostly for "weekenders" ...  There are so many cool places we've already been- Napa,  SF,  Lake Tahoe,  Yosemite,  Joshua trees, lost coast,  redwoods .  And we still have so many places left to see...  Big Sur,  3 other national parks,  LA,  ancient pinecone trees.  We're slowly ticking everything off our list on weekends when we can get away,  but we're using our "vacation funds"  for the minis...  So no big ones this year.  Plus for the holidays we alway do something big.  (this year we did a month long road trip and stayed in the family cabin for awhile).  
    @gardeniagirlknits I live in Northern California and I still haven't been to Joshua Tree even though I'm dying to.  What it wonderful?  What time of year did you go?  Any recommendations for not getting lost and dying in the desert?  Also I LOVE Big Sur!  We're going to Carmel this weekend and will probably drive down to Big Sur since it's so close.  It's such a beautiful coastline!

Me: 32 | DH: 36

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

4/2017 - Initial RE visit, Dx: Severe MFI (Varicocele, 14% motility, 3% progression, but normal count)

7/2017 - Stage 3 endometriosis discovered during laparoscopic removal of ovarian cyst

9/27/2017 - BFP at 10dpo (cycle 22), baby boy due June 9, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ChelleCPA happy birthday!  

@gardeniagirlknits your weekend trips sound like such a blast!  I'm pretty jealous!
  • GG620GG620 member
    edited March 2016
    Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO:  36/15

Timing: pretty good, not perfect

Testing Plans: Saturday - supposed to get AF tomorrow...

R/R/CS:  Took a test - BFN. Not so surprising. Had twinges on my right side two days ago so probably AF comin on in (damn you body for having such a long cycle!) But getting excited for some 70 degree temps next week!! Let's go warm weather... I'm hoping it will get my butt more into workout mode :)

GTKY: Are you going on vacation this year? If not, where would you like to go?  Nothing big planned - but going to Maine in July which I am excited for!

BabyFruit Ticker

[spoiler]

Me: 28  Him: 30

Married: 11/15/14

TTC: 02/2016

IF DX: MFI (low count & morphology) & mild PCOS

June 2016 BFP - MC @8w2d

August 2016 BFP - MC @6w1d

June 2017 - 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP 7/6/17!!

Beta #1 = 422 (14dpo), Beta #2 = 810, prog - 12.3 (16dpo), Beta #3 = 5023, prog - 18.9 (20dpo)

[/spoiler]

• TW Loss mentioned *******************

@Happyapple1326 Have you tried a quit smoking app? I smoked on and off for 10 years- mostly socially, but I had a couple years of daily smoking after a bad breakup. I quit February 2013 "for good" and used one of those apps that help monitor your progress. It gives you advice and tells you how many days you're adding to your life, etc.  I did smoke a little too much for my comfort this past summer, but can report that I had my last cigarette on my wedding day 6 months ago. Getting KU and losing it was the only incentive I needed to never smoke again.  I'm sure you will find the same thing when you get pregnant (though hopefully without the MC part).

Good luck!!
  • *lurking from WTO*
    CONGRATULATIONS @TrulyBlessed22!!!!!!  and double yay since it's your DH birthday!! What a wonderful gift to him!!!! 
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • Thank you for the update @H4aPartyof5 !
    I find this really encouraging! 
  • @H4aPartyof5 Thank you for the update! Sorry about CD1... but it sounds like you have some serious plans to tackle not having to see the WTO side after this cycle. FX'd!
  • @H4aPartyof5 sorry that AF came. Your plans sound very promising though!
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    ER 12/1/2016
    FET 1/10/2017  

• @TrulyBlessed22  Congrats! H&H9!
  • Month / Cycle: 2/2

CD / DPO: 23/8

Timing: good

Testing Plans: BFN as expected this morning, only have 1 more test and don't want to buy more so not until AF is due

R / R / CS: none currently

GTKY: Are you going on vacation this year? If not, where would you like to go? 
    Planning to head up to the northern rivers to visit my dad at some point, but that will be based on when I manage to get a weekend off work.
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • Thanks everyone for the chart stalk! It was helpful getting so many opinions on it and reminded me that temping is not an exact science and it's only an indicator of what could be going on biologically but doesn't 100% confirm anything (or at least that's the way I'm thinking about it right now). 
    But regardless of what was going on with my o date, AF showed up this afternoon- so I guess that's that for this round. Fx for next month in terms of having an easier to read chart! Plus I think DH and I will be far more on top of making full use of the fertile window. I actually feel better at this point just knowing AF is here and moving on.
  • @JasTay8 Sorry for CD1 *hugs*

Update: Uterus Whisperer might be onto something... Huge 0.1 below CL dip (0.4 drop total from 6DPO) today plus full-on saliva ferning supporting the second estrogen surge. That is like a 67% chance, right? Cue the total BSCs.