Pregnant after 35

Weekly Check in 2/26

2»

Re: Weekly Check in 2/26

• @CarrieandRoy - that might be the cutest bump ever! You look like you're in great shape! While your post baby body might never be the same, you will get back to a place where you feel comfortable with how you look again. Muscle memory helps!

Tried for DS for 1 year; one dose clomid Nov 2011 = DS born on 8/10/12
    BFP 6/30/15  MMC 7wks 5 days  D/E 8/9/15
    BFP 1/8/16 EDD 9/9/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? 18w 5d
    EDD?  July 26 
    How are you feeling?   A bit of heart burn and still ravenous and tired so much better☺
    Baby news?  Feeling some movement every day, anatomy scan on the 7 th
    Rant? Just found out that come April DH will have to go back to a 2 days, 2 nights, 3 off shift schedule.  He works 12 hour shifts and has for many years but this particular shift schedule sucks, he was last on it when my daughter was an infant.  It was physically hard on him, his sleep schedule was constantly off he gained weight, looked 10 years older, and was constantly grumpy and exhausted.  It was hard on our family because it felt like he was never home and when he was he was exhausted and irritable.  Two thumbs totally down.....
    Best Thing about DH?  He has a way of putting things into perspective.  He does not sweat the small stuff, he different even really sweat the medium to big stuff.... He had a way of taking little things off my plate that I tend to procrastinate at for too long.
    Dh is a great dad because he is in the trenches with me on a daily basis, he doesn't look at having the kids solo, or cleaning up vomit, or making school lunches as deserving of a pat on the back but a part of fatherhood.

@tiffanyhr.  That sounds like a difficult situation, and I don't know about anyone else but I'm the pregnant and new born stage hormonally I feel extra sensitive to any thought of  threats to my or my families safety (imaginary sounds, news articles etc ..)

@CarrieandRoy...I was surprised at home at my body bounced the first time :)

@Sporty1216 & @CarrieandRoy great bump pictures

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @bgf1 that really sucks about your husband's work schedule. My husband has to work 12 hour overnight shifts 2 days a week, and it really throws things off for the family and it sucks for him, too. 
  • Thanks @mthomoon,  we are both pretty independent so before kids his shift work was not an issue, but as a family sometimes it sucks.   At least I have a conventional work schedule, he is in EMS and we know tonnes of couples where both partners are in similar fields, I don't know how they do it.....
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thanks @tiffanyhr I'm still going to the gym and I'm really hoping I'll find a way to keep going after the baby is born. That will definitely help.

My friend just sent me a picture of herself a few days before her daughter was born. Yikes. I can't believe our bodies can do that.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• My friend just sent me a picture of herself a few days before her daughter was born. Yikes. I can't believe our bodies can do that.
    yeah! I look back at the few pictures I have from right before my son was born and I think the same thing! It's truly amazing. I feel like my blump is big--I ain't seen nothin' yet!

I actually really loved that crazy third-tri stage, though.  Even though I was uncomfortable and really (!) big, I could feel every move baby made.  I felt like we had some really special time that will always and forever be just ours.  It's super precious.
  • Just finished at my 12 week appointment and feel like I need a nap! The dr. Couldn't find the heartbeat at first, so she did an ultrasound. I kept it together ok. Baby is fine. Heart rate of 161. Got a grainy picture to take home, so there's that.

an anterior placenta is to blame for not being able to find the hb on the Doppler. I'm glad I know it's anterior since that also may mean I don't feel baby as soon.

My bp was high (no surprise!), but she didn't even bother taking it again and just said to keep tracking it at home once a week. So, all is well. Off to get a few pieces of maternity clothes.

I seriously feel like I could just sleep right now. Stressful time followed by relief!
  • Sorry that you had a stressful appointment @Sporty1216 but glad everything looked good in the end. I'm exactly the same way after a stressful experience all I want to do is go to sleep. I have an anterior placenta too, which made finding the HB difficult. It's off-set to one side though, so the nurse could always get it eventually by listening on the side rather than in the middle. I felt first flutters around 18 weeks, but convincing/consistent movement wasn't until about 22 weeks.
    Me: 40  DH: 43
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    BFP #1 9/28/15, EDD 6/10/16. DS born 5/23/16!
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
    BFP #3 12/17/17 EDD 8/25/18. It's a boy!
  • Thanks for sharing your experience, @redheadbride15 ! With my LO, we always found the hb right away, I felt movement by 16 weeks, etc. So I'm having to readjust my expectations (which sounds silly) and also realize that just because today was stressful, it wasn't *bad*. In the end, I walked out with the same info I would have if we had found the hb right away. All is well. Now I just need to let that sink in. 

Also, glad I'm not the only one who gets sleepy after being stressed!
  • @Sporty1216 When I was a student all my friends would want to go out for drinks after finishing exams and all I ever wanted to do was go home and go to sleep! The next day I'd totally be up for a drink, but only after about 10 hours of sleep.
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
  • Glad everything turned out great @sporty1216!! Sorry about not finding the hb at first. I also have an anterior placenta. I did with DS too. Consistently feel this baby since 19-20 weeks, which I thought was good as I didn't feel a thing last time until 28-29 weeks, I thought people were crazy when they asked if I felt flutters or kicks. Go home and take a nap!! Ps. Old navy is great for easy, cheap pieces!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Oh @Sporty1216 - how stressful.  I'm glad you got to see your little one and get the relief.  At least you know now if it's difficult to find next time.  Geez!  :)
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • @Wyattnash00 -- thanks for your anterior placenta stories too! I'm glad to hear you felt this one earlier. I'm gonna be on the lookout for movement, for sure (well, in a few/several weeks)! I meant to ask if this has any implications for a c-section, but I imagine it all still works out okay. 

Staring at my little photo, which is such poor quality that baby still looks more blobby than the high resolution u/s would show at 12 weeks, and feeling grateful that the scare was brief and had a happy ending!
  • @Sporty1216 what a rough day! I need a nap just thinking about it. Sorry about the doppler, i guess it's a good thing you don't have the at home one at this stage. But i'm so glad everything is OK!

I was surprised at the 12 week ultrasound how much the baby just looks like a blob. Since it was my first time I had no idea what to expect and the few 3d/4d images the tech took seriously freaked me out.

I hope you found some good clothes at least!
  • @Sporty1216 I asked my OB how an anterior placenta could affect a C-section (in case I were to need one) and she reassured me that it shouldn't be a problem because the incision in the uterus is low, well below where the placenta is. I think it becomes more difficult if you have a low-lying placenta or placenta previa.
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
  • @createillumination --thanks! I did find some cute jeans and a nice top. Maternity clothes--even on sale--are ridiculously expensive! But oh well. I'll get lots of use out of them. Also found lo a big brother t-shirt, so that was fun. :)

@redheadbride15 -- thanks for the info! Last time my placenta was low-lying, but it moved up before delivery. Hopefully this one stays out of the way too! I'm glad you asked and could answer my question. I feel better. 

You all all are the best. 
  • @Sporty1216 - as long as it's high enough they don't cut through it, it won't cause any issues.  I've been at one delivery where the OB cut through the placenta -- NO GOOD!  I'll pray your anterior placenta is nice and high! :)
  • @Sporty1216 so glad all was well! My dr could only catch my baby's hb for a few seconds after lots of searching when I was 12w3d and I don't even have an anterior placenta. Thankfully I had read that it could be difficult to find, so I didn't panic!

@ssoccerball I hope your scan and test go well. 
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Good luck with your NT scan @Ssoccerball !!! I'll be thinking of you.
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
  • @Ssoccerball -- I hope everything goes well today and you can breathe a deep sigh of relief!
  • Good luck today @Ssoccerball!!  Enjoy telling your kiddos about the new babies! :)
  • Great news @Ssoccerball!! So excited for your kids to find out, big day!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @Ssoccerball congratulations that's fantastic!
  • Hooray! That's great, @Ssoccerball ! That picture is incredible! I can't wait to hear about how your kids respond. I bet they will be thrilled!
  • @ssoccerball, my doctor said MaterniT21, Harmony, etc. are just brand names of the same test.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)

• @Ssoccerball Awww they're so sweet! So happy for you! And yes, @CarrieandRoy is right, Harmony and MaterniT21 are the same test, just different companies. There are subtle differences but for the most part they're interchangeable.
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
  • @Ssoccerball love the twinning ultrasound! 

Tried for DS for 1 year; one dose clomid Nov 2011 = DS born on 8/10/12
    BFP 6/30/15  MMC 7wks 5 days  D/E 8/9/15
    BFP 1/8/16 EDD 9/9/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Ssoccerball I'm so happy for you that you got good news! And the twin ultrasound is adorable, thanks for sharing!! 
  • SsoccerballSsoccerball member
    edited March 2016
    @CarrieandRoy, thanks for the information about the tests.  I remember reading at one time that not all of the tests were approved for twins, but I'm guessing that was outdated information from the Internet?

@Sporty1216, we told the kids and they each reacted the exact opposite of how we expected.  My DD was happy and my DS almost cried.  He was disappointed because he really wanted a puppy more than babies.   :D. (Note that we already have a dog, but she's enormous and he wants a small dog).  I think he'll get over it.

thanks everyone for keeping us in your thoughts.  It was a big day and I'm exhausted!
  • How old are your DD and DS, @Ssoccerball ? You'll definitely have to remind your DS about his disappointment that he was getting siblings instead of puppies someday when he is great friends with these new little ones. :) It's actually really cute.  

Hope you get some good rest tonight!
  • @ssoccerball the cell free DNA tests weren't initially approved for twins when they first came out a few years ago just because there wasn't enough data to show how well they worked. But now it's pretty much universally accepted that they work well for twins. The sensitivity is slightly lower than a singleton but it's still pretty good. It gets trickier with triplets and higher order multiples.
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
  • @Sporty1216, DS is 8 and DD is 6.  DS had been asking us, incessantly, for a puppy.  I told him that he couldn't get a puppy, but maybe there was something else that he would find exciting.  My DH told him that we would have a family meeting to discuss.  DS was the one we thought would be crazy excited about the babies!  Then we told him that a new animal couldn't come live with us because we already had something new coming to live with us and we showed him a picture of the babies.  My DD was happy and started excitedly asking questions.  My DS looked shell shocked, as if he were going to cry.  Poor guy.  He is also terrified of hospitals and one of the first questions he asked was whether we were going to make him go visit the babies in the hospital.   :'(. I think he'll come around...it just wasn't what I was expecting from him, since a year ago, when a family member had a baby, he repeatedly asked us for a baby, too.  
  • Aw.  Poor kid.  I'm sure he'll come around too.  Emotions are hard. Good thing he has a while to get used to--and even excited about--the idea!
  • @Ssoccerball Your children's reactions will make a great story to tell them when they get older.