July 2016 Moms
Options

UO Thursday.

2»

Re: UO Thursday.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    chanfa said:
    @MamaBish @noelietrex um is it a bad idea to google what tucks are at work?

It's a bad idea to google them ever. Just pray and only look them up if you need them.
    Lol, however, you may want to get some before the birth, you don't want to try explaining it to your SO if/when you actually need them!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Options
    You guys are lucky if you don't know what Tucks are or need them! I even had to use them a lot pre-pregnancy.

Anyway, here's my UO: I hate the word "mommy." I don't know why, but it creeps me out. No one is allowed to call me mommy.
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    @MamaBish Haha! It's all good except for tucks. Do you know where they want you to tuck those tucks? I'm not a modest or prude person but WTH with those?! I guess I mainly just can't believe how common this is and how literally no one I've ever spoken with online or IRL has ever mentioned it until now (here on TB). I really thought hemorrhoids were only something the elderly dealt with because I've never heard anyone under the age of 80 even acknowledge their existence. Why weren't we taught about this during health class? Or in biology in college? How was I a 27-year-old woman who didn't know what a hemorrhoid was? I'm certain my phobia about tucks is going to have me needing so many of them. UGH you better be right about this all being worth it!
    I have used tucks pads, you just use them to wipe over the affected area, no big deal. 
  • Options
    @SparkySunshine I'm with you on underpants. 

• Options
    joleri23 said:
    You guys are lucky if you don't know what Tucks are or need them! I even had to use them a lot pre-pregnancy.

Anyway, here's my UO: I hate the word "mommy." I don't know why, but it creeps me out. No one is allowed to call me mommy.
    Except your kid, right? 
  • Options

@victoria98 I don't think it's necessarily a southern word. It was just funny because she a) used a word that we don't use and b) said it in a thick southern accent. So DD was like, "uh... what? they're underwear, you crazy lady!"

• Options
    joleri23 said:
    Except your kid, right? 
    No! I don't like "mommy" either.
  • Options
    @Taymiller That's not what google said... Apparently internal and external hemorrhoids are both a thing and google had some pictures for how one might use tucks differently depending on which type. DH said that's why they call them tucks. I was not impressed.
  • Options
    @xc1148 Omg, I LOVE your ecard, hahaha!!! I must share that image. 
  • Options
    I really dislike feet. Everybody's feet, except my own and my DD's. Even DHs feet creep me out, so yeah, no being barefoot around me please!
    Also, I call them underpants, but I am a wierdo
    Eta:haha, I call underwear/panties that, not feet. 

90s martin feet martin lawrence foot

*I can do this all day :) bwah aha ha

• Options
    @Taymiller That's not what google said... Apparently internal and external hemorrhoids are both a thing and google had some pictures for how one might use tucks differently depending on which type. DH said that's why they call them tucks. I was not impressed.
    I also did not "tuck" my tucks.  I would just wipe.  They also were good for using on my stitches from when I tore down there. I just laid them on my pad.   
    Anniversary: 10/10/09
    DS: 11/21/14
    DD: 7/5/16

• Options

I am both mortified and uncomfortable at the thought of 'tucking' anything up my backside. Also, I don't know what a hemorrhoid is because I'm pretty sure I've never had one.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    My daughter calls me Mama and I luff it. <3

edited to add: I really don't care if other kids say mommy to their mothers. I just don't like it for me!
  • Options
    @ButterMyBiscuit I'm fine with Mama and Mom and even Ma! I never called my mom Mommy (at least to the best of my recollection) so it's not something I'm comfortable with.
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I'm 26 (almost 27) years old and still call my mom mommy lol. And I still call my dad daddy! So I have no problem with my baby calling me mommy. I actually look forward to it!
  • Options
    edited February 2016
  • Options
    I use panties for DD and I and underwear for DS and boxers for DH. Haha I've always thought panties were referring to girls undies. UO: I also call them undies. I also think it's gross to kiss your parents on the mouth after a certain age. I don't kiss DS on the lips anymore(he's 6) it just grosses me out. I get grossed out when my dad kisses his mom on the mouth! Eww germs 
  • Options
    I just got a chipotle buy one get one coupon and I am so excited!!! I never thought that would be an UO, but ever since their issue, people have been avoiding the place. 
  • Options
    I just got a chipotle buy one get one coupon and I am so excited!!! I never thought that would be an UO, but ever since their issue, people have been avoiding the place. 
    Well they did almost kill 120 BC students that one time.
  • Options
    #isthisUOoratgreadaboutworkparties #i'mout
  • Options
    DD calls me Mama and DH Daddy and I think it's the cutest thing in the world. Occasionally lately she's said "Mom/Dad" and it makes me a tiny bit sad. 

My SIL HATES Mommy and corrects her kids every time they call her that. She goes strictly by Mom, I think, once they pass the Mama stage.
  • Options
  • Options
    The 4 year old calls me by a cutesy nick name and can tell me that I am his aunt. However, he assumes that it's too complicated for his school to understand and tells all the kids and teachers that I am his mommy. I love hearing him say that because it makes all the hard days feel like they have a point. Like the extra effort I have to put in with him actually matters to him. 

That being said, if I didn't like the word, I wouldn't get the same warm and fuzzies from hearing it so I get the difference here.