May 2016 Moms
Options

TTT!

2»

Re: TTT!

• Options
    AliciaD39 said:

10. I called the parent of a first grader at school today because he refused to follow directions after multiple prompts. He stuck his tongue out at me and said "That's why you got fat!" I love children. 
    What a tool - I'm curious to what his parents said.
    @AliciaD39 this kid says similar things to his own mother. I've heard him call her fat and stupid. Dad gets on him and doles out punishments but mom makes excuses for it and says her poor baby just gets frustrated. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD: 05/14/16
    Baby #2 EDD: 12/23/19
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have never done one of these but it looks like fun! Here it goes...

1. Getting diagnosed with GD has not helped my anxiety at all as a FTM. Constantly worrying about this growing baby (or if he's growing too much) is killing me so I actively have to take my mind off of it.

2. I feel like the bigger I get, the more demanding work is getting. I just can't keep up and I am tired all the time!

3. We just started working on the nursery but I feel like the work is never going to end! I am making a list of things I really need and then going from there. Doesn't help that we just closed on our house and there's so much to do!

4. I am super busy but i would love to get my hands on a good book. Any book recommendations?

5. Does everyone get a pediatrician for their child? 
  • Options
    js8812 said:

1.  I got a promotion yesterday.  I'm excited, but any pay adjustments don't happen right away (and I don't know what it is), so it's just a title change.  Better than nothing, but NOT better than more money. :smile:

2.  Glucose test tomorrow.  I feel like everyone has had theirs already!

3.  I'm getting my hair done this weekend.  I used to have really long hair, then I cut it to a bob, now it's getting longer again.  I can't decide whether or not I want to grow it out again.  I think a nice perk of keeping it longer/growing it out more is that it'll be so easy to throw my hair in a bun with baby.

Only three today... back to work!  Happy Tuesday errbody :wink: 
    Congrats @js8812! I can't speak for short hair mamas, but I truly believe being able to put your hair up (and away!) is crucial in the beginning. If you're anything like I was, you're really not going to be up to styling it for a while. Messy bun and ponytails for the win!
  • Options

1. Getting diagnosed with GD has not helped my anxiety at all as a FTM. Constantly worrying about this growing baby (or if he's growing too much) is killing me so I actively have to take my mind off of it.

2. I feel like the bigger I get, the more demanding work is getting. I just can't keep up and I am tired all the time!

3. We just started working on the nursery but I feel like the work is never going to end! I am making a list of things I really need and then going from there. Doesn't help that we just closed on our house and there's so much to do!

4. I am super busy but i would love to get my hands on a good book. Any book recommendations?

That's exciting! I just found out that we close on March 25th. I'm so excited but so nervous about the laundry list of to-do's. 
  • Options
    laurenmdrn16laurenmdrn16 member
    edited February 2016
    Jenly17 said:
    js8812 said:

1.  I got a promotion yesterday.  I'm excited, but any pay adjustments don't happen right away (and I don't know what it is), so it's just a title change.  Better than nothing, but NOT better than more money. :smile:

2.  Glucose test tomorrow.  I feel like everyone has had theirs already!

3.  I'm getting my hair done this weekend.  I used to have really long hair, then I cut it to a bob, now it's getting longer again.  I can't decide whether or not I want to grow it out again.  I think a nice perk of keeping it longer/growing it out more is that it'll be so easy to throw my hair in a bun with baby.

Only three today... back to work!  Happy Tuesday errbody :wink: 
    Congrats @js8812! I can't speak for short hair mamas, but I truly believe being able to put your hair up (and away!) is crucial in the beginning. If you're anything like I was, you're really not going to be up to styling it for a while. Messy bun and ponytails for the win!
    This a thousand times! I usually do a cycle of growing my hair out, then cutting it super short and donating it, then letting it grow out again. I had cut my hair a few months before my son was born and it was a nightmare trying to style it when I just wanted to throw it up and forget about it. Thankfully, I am in a growing stage now so I am going to just let it go and rock the messy bun.

ETA: You don't know pain until a short chunk of hair gets caught in a two month old's vice grip. OUCH!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

A lot of people have brought it up on various boards. I plan on using a family doctor, not sure if that is a popular route or not but I think it will work for us, and we can always change if we need to
  • Options
    Bltbear82Bltbear82 member
    edited February 2016
    1. DS and I had lunch with our friend and her DD and newborn DS. My DS was so curious about the baby, loved watching him, and even giggled when I held the baby. Huge progress from the crying that happened last time I held a baby in front of him. And, I held a sweet little baby. I forgot how tiny they are even at 6 weeks old. 

2. Meeting a childhood friend for dinner with DH tonight and I can't wait to catch up. We live in the same city but he's single with no kids, so our schedules are kind of off and we miss him so much. 

3. We got a 20% off coupon from ABC Home in the mail. I've been waiting to buy a specific piece of furniture since the summer. My shopping problem continues. 

Eta: yay @kbrands7, that's such exciting news! 
  • Options
    Jenly17 said:

That's exciting! I just found out that we close on March 25th. I'm so excited but so nervous about the laundry list of to-do's. 
    It is very exciting!! Congrats to you @Jenly17 on your closing! MH started renos this week and we hope to be done by my baby shower on March 5th. The list of to dos never ends! 
  • Options

EErin86 said:

A lot of people have brought it up on various boards. I plan on using a family doctor, not sure if that is a popular route or not but I think it will work for us, and we can always change if we need to
    Thanks @EErin86! I like my family dr and will use her unless of course it's not working out.
  • Options
    1. I feel like at least 5 of my things on TTT are repeats but I still post them anyway because they are still on my mind and still issues...even though those same things make me feel like a whiny brat.
    2. Repeat 1) I am due in something like 9 and a half weeks and my registry still goes unused. My aunt still insists I don't buy anything on it (not that I can after crazy surprise expenses recently) I feel like if I hadn't made the thing I wouldn't be so disappointed in how little my family actually cares about this pregnancy.
    3. Repeat 2) I still wish I was having a baby shower. Little cousin and friend due a week and two weeks before me are having showers in march and keep posting all these photos of all the lovely sweet things people have sent already. Hey Family! Just because my parents are dead doesn't mean I have been removed from the family! :(
    4. In case you can't tell I have been feeling like throwing myself a big pity party this last week. I feel so miserable.
    5. Neighbors downstairs have a squeaky water pipe. This pipe runs right under the bedroom. They are up all hours of the night so I have been woken up every night for 3 weeks to a very loud whining squeak between 11 and 3 am. Sick of contacting our property manager about it. She obviously couldn't care less about it.
    6. Today is MH's birthday. I want to make him a custard slice or something but I'm not sure I have the energy . . . I wonder if the bakery up the road has anything nice . . .

I don't feel like doing 10 things because my back is killing me just sitting in this chair.
  • Options
    7.  I am not impressed at all with the 11/22/63 series on Hulu.  I know it is only two episodes in at this point, but they have deviated so far away from the book already.   I know tv/movies deviate away from books, but usually it's more subtle. 
    8.  I got DH hooked on reading 11/22/63 and now he is even getting annoyed by the deviation of the tv show
    9.  We rented The Martian the other night and it was actually a pretty decent movie.  I was surprised.

Haha I have been liking 11/22/63 but I haven't read the book so that's probably why. I thought they actually did a decent job following the book in the Martian :) I liked both
  • Options
    1. Currently, I'm waiting for my first appointment at the MFM office. I've been here for over an hour. 

2. Baby has been consistently measuring a week or so ahead, so I'm pretty sure I'll have a May baby after all. 

3. DH has a huge head, and baby's head is measuring 27 weeks (I'm 25). DH thinks this is awesome. My vagina does not. 

4. I've become obsessed with Kickee Pants clothing, but refuse to pay the high retail prices. I'm on a couple of FB resale groups, and I stalk eBay. The clothes are so soft!

5. DH is going out of town this weekend, and my mom is coming up to help me with the nursery. Yay!

6. My aunts are throwing me a big family shower in April. I am so excited for it, but it's not until around 4 weeks before my due date. I wish it was sooner. 

7. I'm getting tired of the "Do you have a name picked out?" question. The answer is no. 

8. On that note, I rarely ask people that question because, while I wouldn't immediately tell someone I didn't like their name choice, I wouldn't say "Oh, I love that name" if it wasn't true.

9. Well, I'm on number 9 and I'm still waiting... 

10. Plus side: at this point, it will probably be too late for me to go back to work after I leave here. 

Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• Options
    bshurdy said:

7. I'm getting tired of the "Do you have a name picked out?" question. The answer is no. 

8. On that note, I rarely ask people that question because, while I wouldn't immediately tell someone I didn't like their name choice, I wouldn't say "Oh, I love that name" if it wasn't true.

Everyone asks me this all the time, and we are pretty sure what the name is going to be at this point but I still always just say, "No, picking a name is SO HARD!" Like we have absolutely no idea, because there's no reason to open up that can of worms. Then I tell them that our top contender is Banana, and they quickly realize there's no way they're going to get any actual insider information on this one and give up.
  • Options
    1.  I can't focus on work for nothing today.  My brain is all over the place.  Thank God it is slow.
    2.  I work from home so I have designated daytime PJs and nighttime sleep PJs.  It's sad really
    3.  I went and picked up a lunch to go order today and I was in my daytime PJs.  They are one of the outfits I feel comfortable in since maternity clothes still fall off of me and my regular clothes are starting to get snug.  I must be a late bloomer in that department.
    4.  I need to hide the evidence from lunch.  I mostly eat Lean Cuisine or sandwiches for lunch but every now and then (we are talking maybe a once a month thing or every other month thing if that) I will splurge on lunch and get something really really good that I wouldn't ever dare order in front of DH.  I need to destroy the evidence.
    5.  There is no way we will have everything done that needs to be done by the time baby gets here.  DH is still in the process of cleaning all  his junk out of the room that will be the nursery.  Meanwhile stuff is piling up in the living room and kitchen that needs to go into the nursery.  He won't let me help.
    6.  Can't wait to watch Rattled tonight
    7.  I am not impressed at all with the 11/22/63 series on Hulu.  I know it is only two episodes in at this point, but they have deviated so far away from the book already.   I know tv/movies deviate away from books, but usually it's more subtle. 
    8.  I got DH hooked on reading 11/22/63 and now he is even getting annoyed by the deviation of the tv show
    9.  We rented The Martian the other night and it was actually a pretty decent movie.  I was surprised.
    10.  I will be happy when I can breathe again.  My allergies are killing me.  When I lay down my nose stuffs up so bad.  The only way I can get any half decent sleep is to take a sudafed and a benadryl before I go to bed.  I already take Singulair.    I don't like doing the sudafed and benadryl everyday though.  going to have to talk to my doctor next time about it.
    11. The thread on dilation has me terrified.
    I agree! It's not as good as the book, but I knew it wouldn't be since the book is mostly inner dialogue- which makes sense seeing as he's alone. I'm sad they didn't find a way to work in the pirate-ninja measurement system. Also if you haven't already read the book, or if you have, the audio book is great- the narrator is one of the best I've ever heard. 
  • Options
    1.  I can't focus on work for nothing today.  My brain is all over the place.  Thank God it is slow.
    2.  I work from home so I have designated daytime PJs and nighttime sleep PJs.  It's sad really
    3.  I went and picked up a lunch to go order today and I was in my daytime PJs.  They are one of the outfits I feel comfortable in since maternity clothes still fall off of me and my regular clothes are starting to get snug.  I must be a late bloomer in that department.
    4.  I need to hide the evidence from lunch.  I mostly eat Lean Cuisine or sandwiches for lunch but every now and then (we are talking maybe a once a month thing or every other month thing if that) I will splurge on lunch and get something really really good that I wouldn't ever dare order in front of DH.  I need to destroy the evidence.
    5.  There is no way we will have everything done that needs to be done by the time baby gets here.  DH is still in the process of cleaning all  his junk out of the room that will be the nursery.  Meanwhile stuff is piling up in the living room and kitchen that needs to go into the nursery.  He won't let me help.
    6.  Can't wait to watch Rattled tonight
    10.  I will be happy when I can breathe again.  My allergies are killing me.  When I lay down my nose stuffs up so bad.  The only way I can get any half decent sleep is to take a sudafed and a benadryl before I go to bed.  I already take Singulair.    I don't like doing the sudafed and benadryl everyday though.  going to have to talk to my doctor next time about it.
    11. The thread on dilation has me terrified.
    This bums me out. I haven't started watching it yet but I love King. I was very disappointed in Under the Dome and how off book that series got that we ended up not finishing it. I'm actually still kicking myself because I sat next to King and his wife at a play in the fall of 2014 and didn't even think to ask him about the deviation at that time. I guess I was too starstruck. Side note- he was extremely nice and his wife was delightful as well.
  • Options

I am doing TTT today instead of Tuesday because I keep missing it. Being busy is terrible! lol

1. I've been having terrible lower back pain. I tried sleeping with a pillow between my legs Monday night and woke up Tuesday with no pain... until I went to pick up my computer bag for work.

2. Used a pillow last night too, but have some lower back pain today. :/ I need to get a massage or go to a chiropractor I think. My husband tried to massage me but he didn't do a great job.

3. I finally dropped my car off yesterday to be repaired after someone backed into my front end!

4. I like the rental car so far.. it's a Dodge Dart. It's pretty looking.

5. I feel like I am getting so big!! My bump is definitely noticeable now, for sure!

6. I've been so hot the past couple nights I've just been sleeping in undies and a sports bra.

7. It's been raining too much the past couple of days and I wish it would stop. I am over it.

8. I have my glucose test on Saturday and I am not looking forward to it.

9. Everything with the house we have a contract on it going well and we settle on March 18! I am so glad they agreed to fix all the things the inspector found.

10. The two things the sellers wouldn't agree to fix our agent and their agent are paying to fix, which is awesome.

That was an easy ten!

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    Pascal86 said:
    bshurdy said:

Everyone asks me this all the time, and we are pretty sure what the name is going to be at this point but I still always just say, "No, picking a name is SO HARD!" Like we have absolutely no idea, because there's no reason to open up that can of worms. Then I tell them that our top contender is Banana, and they quickly realize there's no way they're going to get any actual insider information on this one and give up.
    I say "yes."  Sometimes people will get it and just say "ok" and that's the end.  Other people press to know what it is and I say "you'll find out when he's born."  I used to mess with people and say weird stuff (like Banana!!) or I'd use that person's name regardless of sex a la "We're naming him Pascal86!"  But as people get progressively more annoying I just shut them down.