May 2016 Moms
Options

TTT!

It's Tuesday and you know what that means!
Time to get the things off your chest. 

1. Last night was the first night in a long time I didn't need to use unisom to fall asleep. Thank you, brain for shutting off. 

2. It's 7:30am and DD is still asleep. I could be up getting ready for the day, but I'm laying in bed instead. I figure there won't be many more days in my future to rest/sleep, so I'm going to enjoy it.  

3. H gave me a new book about a month ago. Every time I have a chance to pick it up, I start looking at pinterest instead. Whoops. 

Re: TTT!

• Options
    I love a good Facebook detox, @Charissadeats! It's a great way to regain focus and feel better overall. Good for you!  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kbrands7 said:

5. DH and I decided that I'll stay at home next year; I'm so excited to be able to be with my boys and to not have to do the rushed work-pump-clean-hope people don't barge through the locked door shuffle. It's going to take some cutting back, but we've lived on less than his current salary before (with a child) when DH has been laid off in the past, so it shouldn't be a big problem. Him securing a better job that offers insurance made a big difference for us.

I am so happy for you @kbrands7! I've been a SAHM since DD was born and some days are challenging of course, but the time you have with your kids is priceless.  Plus, the no pressure, no clock watching, nursing and pumping is going to be great too ;)
  • Options
    1.  It's raining now for the first time in a thousand years and it made for a nice relaxing morning. 
    2.  My favorite flower is the stargazer lily so for Valentine's Day, my DH helped my DD buy me some lily bulbs so I could plant them at the house. We planted them that weekend and they are already sprouting. 
    3.  My DH has a work dinner tonight so I'm gearing up for extended time with DD today. I love being a SAHM mom but especially at this point in pregnancy, it is sometimes nice to have a small break when he comes home from work (when I cook and clean haha). Maybe we will get chickfila for dinner tonight. 
    4.  I have an ultrasound appointment on Thursday, the first since 16 weeks. At 16 weeks the doc said he was confident it was a boy and we got a shot of the goods. Somehow though I really need the confirmation on Thursday! It's been a long time that I've been working off that early statement. I'm crazy. 
    5.  I get balayage highlights in my hair and I'm ready to go lighter for the summer. I only have to go every three months or so since my roots don't get touched very much but I want to make an appointment for early March because I'm ready for a change. 

I got fiiiiiiive on it (we can sing that for the rest of the day) 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    @ashleyla526 I love Kendra Scott - we have a store near us and I'm always there. Can't get enough! 

• Options
    1. Today was Day #2 of my son's new "school" (daycare that does a preschool curriculum) and he wailed that he wanted to stay home and eat animal crackers. Of course, he had an awesome time yesterday and was chatting all night about how much he loves school so I have no idea why this morning's drop-off was such a nightmare. I am going to text his teacher in a bit to see if he is still being a cranky-pants or if he has gotten back in the routine.

2. I just had the most heart-wrenching parent meeting of all time. Apparently someone from the school filed on her and she thought it was me. Obviously, I can't say either way, but she was so hurt. They were recently "displaced" (aka homeless) and she has been doing beyond the best that she can as a single mom. I was out for a few days and it turns out that my sub nurse was concerned because mom said she gave him medicine to help the student sleep. He actually does have a sleeping disorder, but we didn't have up-to-date MD orders since the medicine was not to be administered at school. Well, it turned into a big thing and now I feel like our rapport has been damaged and it kills me because that is my #1 priority; letting the families know that we are all on the same team with the same goal.

3. I want to go home and eat animal crackers.

4. I think the grief of my MIL's passing is finally settling in. I was in go-mode all last week and now it feels like a huge weight just sitting on my chest. My SIL sent a frantic email asking when we should celebrate all the birthdays next month and how we were going to get all the Easter baskets put together for the kids and who would be with my FIL on what would've been my MIL's birthday this coming Tuesday. Usually, these sort of things make me snap into action mode, but right now I just feel so bogged down and overwhelmed, like I am being swallowed up in a big wave. Ugh.

5. MH's response to his grief is kinda taking me off-guard. He is super horny and giddy and working ALL THE TIME. Just this week, he has taken gigs every night, sometimes piggy-backing them so he is working 8am-5pm at his day job, then doing a gig at 6pm, then another at 9pm, then another at midnight, and then coming home at 3am. He does sleep (I am usually up at 3am for a bathroom run so I make sure he goes straight to bed), but he gets up at 6am, ready and raring to go. I am a little concerned that he is going to just crash at some point and I am nervous that I won't be strong enough to pick up all the pieces.

6. I just got a text back from my son's teacher that he is having a blast and is back in the groove. Phew! One thing off my mind!

7. I am so detached from work right now. We had February break last week and yesterday and today have just felt like I am going through the motions. I have sooooo much to do to prepare for my maternity leave, but I have less than no motivation. I just want to fast forward to April break when my maternity leave starts. Where's the skip button?

8. Our finances have been really sticky lately, but we are getting an awesome tax refund and MH is working all the time and our new daycare is much cheaper (can we just talk about how we paid over $16,000 in daycare expenses last year?! When my tax person said that, I nearly fell out of my chair!). Hopefully this is the turn around we have been hoping for.

9. Just got an email from my nurse leader that someone from DPH is going to be visiting our district tomorrow and she wants to have them spend their entire visit in my office. Oh, sure, not like I don't have enough to do. Just pile on a whole two hours of posing and putting on a show for the state. I am this close to cutting the crap and just letting it all out. But I won't. I'll be a good little show puppy. Woof woof.

10. I thought I said I was giving up negativity for Lent? Whooops! Sorry. So to end on a good note, we went out to brunch with our dear friends on Sunday after church and asked them to be Baby Luna's godparents. They were beyond psyched (they are childless/child-free because they were having fertility issues and decided it just wasn't meant to be for them). I am so happy that we have that settled and it is really a great way to show them how much we appreciate all they have done for us through the years. They are such great friends and I want them to have a special place in our daughter's life.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ashleyla526 I love Kendra Scott - we have a store near us and I'm always there. Can't get enough! 
    What's Kendra Scott?
  • Options
    Jenly17 said:
    What's Kendra Scott?
    Jewelry! It's great because it is mainly bold accent colors, lots of drusy and you can customize pieces as well. Go to kendrascott.com. I am constantly working on my collection. 

• Options
    @kbrands7 that's great news! I'm excited for you! 

• Options
    This sounds dangerous @TXmamatobe! I'm kind of relieved that there are none in PA, haha.  
  • Options
    kbrands7 said:

5. DH and I decided that I'll stay at home next year; I'm so excited to be able to be with my boys and to not have to do the rushed work-pump-clean-hope people don't barge through the locked door shuffle. It's going to take some cutting back, but we've lived on less than his current salary before (with a child) when DH has been laid off in the past, so it shouldn't be a big problem. Him securing a better job that offers insurance made a big difference for us.

9. After I teach my classes, I have to cover a health class the last period of the day because the teacher is out without a sub...should be interesting :/

I am so glad that it will work out for you to be home with your boys! 

And if you need any help with the health class, just let me know. Depending on what they are doing, it could get VERY interesting... :-P

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    1. Leaving for my babymoon today.
    2. I bawled my eyes out saying good bye to my cat.
    3. I'm excited to not being going to work for the next 7 days!
    4. I am hungry
    5. 20 degrees where I am and 75 where I am headed
    6.I can't believe its almost march!
    7. I am tired all the time.
    8. I feel ugly and fat :neutral: 
    9.I think I will end up sleeping most of our vaca.
    10. Beaches!
  • Options
    Jenly17 said:
    This sounds dangerous @TXmamatobe! I'm kind of relieved that there are none in PA, haha.  
    Except you can always buy online with free or really cheap shipping! Bwaahaha 

• Options
    @kbrands7, can you share the pad thai recipe?

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    NinnyJean said:
    1. I have absolutely no focus at work today 
    2. My husband felt our LO kick the other day for the first time and was beyond excited
    3. I had really wanted to get the nursery finished over the weekend but my dad had a small stroke (no permanent damage thankfully!) so we didn't make any progress and don't know when we'll be able to get around to finishing it anytime soon
    4. I have Friday off to travel out of state for a high school friends wedding and can't wait for a mini road trip with a bunch of friends
    5. Having a hard time finding something to wear for the bachelorette party for the wedding this weekend, none of my maternity clothes are good for going out 
    6. Acid reflux has hit hard this past week, it seems like I get it no matter what I eat
    7. I've been able to wear heels without any problems until today, my ankles feel like they're about to give out. Guess it's time to pack them away until after the baby is born
    8. DH and I went to carters this weekend because we had a $10 reward to spend and ended up buying way too much for our little girl, her closet is already full. Working part time at carters/Oshkosh is very dangerous when you see the clothes every week and know you have a discount
    9. This weekend was wicked spring like and now it's back to the cold and snow this week, I'm so over the cold
    10. really hoping I can find some excuse to sneak out of work early today, I can't last another four hours
    HA, us too! We went to a carters outlet last week and spent soooooo much, but its amazing how much you can get there when its 20% off sale! So used by $10 coupon yesterday to get a leopard print sweatshirt (surprise surprise, I bought more leopard print). Its free shipping! I wouldnt be able to work there though. I would be BROKE!

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    @yogahh I used this as the base, but added some extra water since it would be cooking for a looong time while I was at work. I added some thai fish paste from the grocery store, and I didn't bother with the blending steps or cutting the chicken; I just broke it up once it was cooked. 
    https://elianasgardens.wordpress.com/2013/01/05/crockpot-pad-thai/
  • Options
    kbrands7 said:
    @yogahh I used this as the base, but added some extra water since it would be cooking for a looong time while I was at work. I added some thai fish paste from the grocery store, and I didn't bother with the blending steps or cutting the chicken; I just broke it up once it was cooked. 
    https://elianasgardens.wordpress.com/2013/01/05/crockpot-pad-thai/
    Thanks. DH loved that Cuban Beed recipe you posted a while back (my meat wasnt as tough as I was concerned it would be) so definitely will try this one out too!

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    yogahh said:

10)   The thread about the cervical checks has me freaked out. I think it just hit me this week. I need to get this baby out somehow!! 

I fell asleep after reading that thread and was terrified.
  • Options
    1. I am effing miserable. Between no sleep, violent painful movements from LO, BH, back pain, and everything else I thought about emailing my dr. But I'm sure she'll just say "Yep, that's 3rd trimester."

2. Have a business lunch with a customer today. Looking forward to eating out.

3. I'm the team mom for DD's bball team and their end of season party is the week I'm supposed to have a c section. Add more things to my list of things to do before the baby comes.

4. We're also doing some renovations and I'm trying not to freak out.

5. We're going away this weekend for a last little getaway before we're a family of 4.

6. Any good book recs? 

7. I can't believe it's almost March!
  • Options
    kp90 said:

1.) Picked up a stray dog on my way into work today who was in very bad shape.

2.) Two hours late to work because of said dog... and he ate my lunch. (worth it)

3.) I realize more and more how much people and their lack of compassion DISGUST me.

5.) My truck is going to smell like stinky dog for awhile (also worth it)

6.) I wish I could start my own shelter or be an advocate of some kind against animal cruelty

Thank you for doing this! This just made my rainy Tuesday a little brighter!
  • Options
    yogahh said:
    5)      The next person that comments on my weight is getting sat on.

10)   The thread about the cervical checks has me freaked out. I think it just hit me this week. I need to get this baby out somehow!! 

First one - yes. Please make this a thing. We can start a U.S. movement.

Second - Amen. I'm horrified. do they have to check?
  • Options
    @yogahh and @valerie4786 my dad said "wow you look like you've put on some weight!" Last night when I picked up a pair of maternity pants I had my mom hem for me. He said he's just going to tell people I've let myself go instead of telling them I'm pregnant (because SO and I waited until a week ago to announce to our church) even though I know he's joking I'm pregnant and emotional and not in the mood for fat jokes or weight jokes! 
  • Options
    AliciaD39 said:
    yogahh said:

First one - yes. Please make this a thing. We can start a U.S. movement.

Second - Amen. I'm horrified. do they have to check?
    @AliciaD39 I asked for a cervical check around 38 weeks, however it's not standard to do them at my OB office. It may vary from practice to practice. I would say that if you're not having contractions, and are not curious about your dilation in those final weeks, you may be able to go without any cervical checks. You can always ask at your next appt to see what their standard is. FWIW though, they will check you once you're in labor to see how far you are progressing. 
  • Options

yogahh said:

This.  I have an uncle, who I love dearly, who thinks it's hilarious to make comments about "Maybe you need to stop eating the cupcakes!" on a posed picture of me with the cupcakes from my work baby shower where my bump is very visible, or "Put your hands down and back away from the baked goods." in response to me asking if anyone knew where I could find some girl scout cookies.  Then him and another uncle joked that "Oh, maybe she ate her husband!"  Not funny and I feel like this:

My reply to him
    wwe jon stewart fighting kick crotch

cat fail animated GIF

• Options

10. I called the parent of a first grader at school today because he refused to follow directions after multiple prompts. He stuck his tongue out at me and said "That's why you got fat!" I love children. 
    What a tool - I'm curious to what his parents said.
  • Options
    1. I am effing miserable. Between no sleep, violent painful movements from LO, BH, back pain, and everything else I thought about emailing my dr. But I'm sure she'll just say "Yep, that's 3rd trimester."

With you on this one 100%
  • Options
    Jenly17 said:
    Yeah, it's kind of addicting!  I live in PA now which has helped the habit, but every time I go back down to TX I get my fix.  :) 
    Me: 29      DH: 38
    Married: May 26, 2012
    BFP: September 10, 2015
    EDD: May 22, 2016