Pregnant after IF
Options

Confused by the new obgyn

I'm hoping this makes sense! ... So my RE had my due date based on my positive ovulation but my new obgyn has it based on my lmp, which I told her are irregular. She moved me to October 1st and also said the baby was measuring at 7 weeks 5 days (I saw her at 7 weeks 6 days according to my RE.) When she moved my due date, it put me to 8 weeks, 3 days and the baby was then measuring 5 days behind. The baby also measured the same as Friday at my last RE appt but the tech said that can be the machines because they are so different from office to office. Has anyone has this before? Because the heartbeat was strong at 154 so now I'm really confused but they weren't concerned. I know I should be if they weren't but I don't know lol 
DS born 2016

Re: Confused by the new obgyn

• Options
    I wouldn't be concerned about your baby's growth. I think it's standard practice for OBs to operate by date of LMP until a dating scan. Did you have medical records to give your new OB from your RE that stated your conception and due date? Maybe those will help get your OB to consider yours differently. I would also ask your OB if there is a dating scan you can have if she won't change it and to let you know if there would be any future issues with tests if the due date is inaccurate.
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • Options
    Yes.  I had to correct mine many times yesterday as they had the GA as 10W2D based on my LMP... but I was like, Hello?!?  Remember I had IVF and my lmp was fake... My EDD is 10/2 and my GA is 8W1D.  They finally changed it on all their paperwork.  It had me peeved.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah, they don't get that. For me, the difference is only two days, but I tell people I have 2 EDD (May 3 or 5). At my NT scan, I was told baby was measuring about 5 days more than the May 5 date...so no big surprise, they just don't change it. My family doctor told me to be ready end of April. I wouldn't worry about a difference of a few days at this point, especially when you have a nice and strong heartbeat!
  • Options
    Forgive the question because I'm on mobile so can't see siggys. When did you do your fertility treatment? My RE basically used that date and added two weeks to figure out GA. Which is pretty common in RE world since we can't count on LMP when doing fertility treatments. 

ME: 35 DH: 39

Married July 2011

DD Born 8/12

TTC #2 since 11/13

ME: Submucosal Fibroid Surgery Date APRIL 14th 2015 -Left Tube is blocked by Fibroid~Surgeon removed 26 Fibroids from my Ute and Unblocked my Tube

DH:Azoospermia...Thank God we have 12 vials of frozen swimmers

July 15-Check to see if Ute is all healed

IUI #1 8/3/15...BFN

IUI #2 9/5/15...BFP on 9/17/15

Beta #1-344

Beta #2-809

Beta #3 8,390

1st u/s 8/8/15 1 bean HB 135 @ 6w5d

• Options
    The dr actually had me wait to start and took me off the clomid and put me on Metformin and I got pregnant from the Metformin but the confirmed ovulation was January 12th
    DS born 2016
  • Options
    I had 2 EDDs with my first and 4, yes 4, with this one between RE, MFM and OB. They finally averaged the early ultrasounds and picked one date. The only time that can be an issue is if you have your baby early like I did. The 4 days difference changed protocols, meds and all kinds of other things I never would have thought of with only a 4 day difference. If you do go early, give them the latest due date you had. 
     image image image
    TTC since 3/2011 Adenomyosis, LPD, hypothyroidism. 
    BFP on 7/20/12 after 4 cycles Clomid + IUI 
    2 large subchorionic hematomas & no heartbeat at 7w6d   
    D&E 8/18/12 Sonohysterography found septum and necrotic tissue.   
    Hysteroscopy to remove both 10/5
    IUI #5-7 50mg Clomid + trigger = BFN  
    IUI #8 Femara + Bravelle + HCG + Progesterone = BFP 3/27/13
    Beta 1 (13dpo) = 169  Beta 2 (17dpo) = 1073  No heartbeat at 9w3d. 
    D & C 5/10/13  Triploidy 69 (paternal inherited)
    IVF #1 with ICSI and PGS 11R 8M 5F 2 biopsied/frozen
    PGS results = 1 with trisomy 13 & 1 good embryo for FET 
    FET #1 EV, estrace, nitro patches.  Cancelled due to thin lining
    FET #1.2 oral estrace, f'ing nitro patches and no delestrogen.  Transfer 12/31. BFN
    PAIF/SAIF welcome
    Surprise BFP on 6/13/14  Our only unmedicated bfp ever.
    Beta #1 339  Beta #2 649 44 hour doubling time
  • Options
    jbal918jbal918 member
    edited February 2016
    Thanks! I will definitely talk to the doctor my next appt in March at the 12 week appointment!

*edited for autocorrect 
    DS born 2016