May 2016 Moms
Options

Prenatal Yoga PSA

I highly recommend it for anyone who is having trouble with lower back and or hip pain. I'm not a yoga person at all, but with my first I started going at 11 weeks and went throughout my pregnancy and had minimal pains. This time it was harder to get there with having DD so I just started going last week (25 weeks) and it's already made such a difference! I slept better this past week than I had in about a month and I think it's because of all the good stretches we did at yoga. I've been trying to do a few of the stretches daily to maintain that good feeling. So if you're looking for a way to be more comfortable and to learn how to help your body feel good as you start the 3rd tri I highly recommend trying prenatal yoga.

ME: 35 DH: 39

Married July 2011

DD Born 8/12

TTC #2 since 11/13

ME: Submucosal Fibroid Surgery Date APRIL 14th 2015 -Left Tube is blocked by Fibroid~Surgeon removed 26 Fibroids from my Ute and Unblocked my Tube

DH:Azoospermia...Thank God we have 12 vials of frozen swimmers

July 15-Check to see if Ute is all healed

IUI #1 8/3/15...BFN

IUI #2 9/5/15...BFP on 9/17/15

Beta #1-344

Beta #2-809

Beta #3 8,390

1st u/s 8/8/15 1 bean HB 135 @ 6w5d

Re: Prenatal Yoga PSA

• Options
    I second this! Any time I have a weird pain or discomfort I do about 15 minutes of prenatal yoga (you can find videos on YouTube) and I feel so much better!
  • Options
    Third! I know so much more about my pregnancy and my body from the yoga class that I'm taking than from any other single resource I've used. It makes everything better!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    dshannah said:
    Third! I know so much more about my pregnancy and my body from the yoga class that I'm taking than from any other single resource I've used. It makes everything better!

Right?? It's so good for the body and mind. I'm always so relaxed when I leave class! :)

ME: 35 DH: 39

Married July 2011

DD Born 8/12

TTC #2 since 11/13

ME: Submucosal Fibroid Surgery Date APRIL 14th 2015 -Left Tube is blocked by Fibroid~Surgeon removed 26 Fibroids from my Ute and Unblocked my Tube

DH:Azoospermia...Thank God we have 12 vials of frozen swimmers

July 15-Check to see if Ute is all healed

IUI #1 8/3/15...BFN

IUI #2 9/5/15...BFP on 9/17/15

Beta #1-344

Beta #2-809

Beta #3 8,390

1st u/s 8/8/15 1 bean HB 135 @ 6w5d

• Options
    I went to a few, and was bored out of my mind. I still think they're insanely beneficial and you should all go, but for anyone who's not into it, the key thing I took away is that doing 50 cat/cows every day can help your baby get into proper position. Tons of other great benefits too, but if your yoga patience is limited, this seemed like a good little practice to get into on the side.
  • Options
    Other good practices from prenatal are the pelvic floor work and the difficulty poses aka wall sits for a min and then a break, and repeat, to help prepare for contractions (and strengthen your legs like woah). I love my prenatal classes! It's nice to do some exercise that is actually tailored to being pregnant vs. having to modify significantly.
  • Options
    I agree here too! I've been doing it since after the holidays (week 22/23ish?) and it helps SO much with hips and lower back pain. Definitely not as intense in terms of workout as other yoga classes I've taken before, but the relaxation is great. 
  • Options
    What are your favorite videos from YouTube? 
  • Options
    @hayloe I love the Tonic Channel. The woman is actually pregnant and the videos (labeled pregnancy yoga episode 1-I think 5) are about 12 minutes long. While you're doing a flow she tells you interesting things about your changing pregnant body. She also lets you know what trimester the flow is most appropriate for, but she makes adjustments for other trimesters and when you get to the third trimester ones she starts encorporating the baby, which is fun!
  • Options
    I'm doing a DVD - Prenatal Yoga with Shiva Rae or something, and just started last night. It was great! Very relaxing. Hoping it will help with my pelvic pain, along with the moves I'm learning at PT.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

BFP 1: 9/15/2013 | DD 5/23/2014
    BFP 2: 9/15/2015 | EDD 5/26/2016

• Options
    My class alternates between intense days where we are doing downward dog/cobra pendulums for 30 minutes, and days where we just focus on breathing.

But my favorite thing about it all is at the end of the class we all lie down and the instructor straightens our spines and massages our temples with essential oils while she chants relaxing thoughts at us.  I'm not a huge believer in the healing properties of those oils, but I am a firm believer in my yogi's healing touch!

It's $10 per class, too, which is nuts--such a good deal!  It's run out of the local park service.
  • Options
    I think any good prenatal yoga class should have three things:
    -stamina building exercise, which will help you in labor to keep going and going.
    -a relaxation component so you can start practicing getting into that deeper state of relaxation.
    -a self boost component so you remember you're amazing and cool and can totally nail birth and mamahood.