March 2016 Moms

BreastMilkHelp!

I want to breast feed, but I want to freeze my breast milk. I know nothing about breast milk and how long it last if I freeze it in the baggies, how long will it last? And if I don't freeze it and I just store it in the fridge how long does it last? And is there anything I need to know about freezing breast milk that's important lol 

Re: BreastMilkHelp!

• smushi said:
    Here is a helpful breakdown for milk storage and how long it lasts.  Kellymom is great storehouse of knowledge for breastfeeding.

https://kellymom.com/bf/pumpingmoms/milkstorage/milkstorage/
    I sign this! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I was taught it's the rule of sevens. Breast milk lasts 7 hours left out. 7 days in the fridge, and 7 months in the freezer. Always date them so you aren't feeding baby spoiled breast milk!
  • Kellymom is the best source on the Internet. I don't know how people BF'ed before it.
  • Unless you have to go back to work right away, don't worry about freezing at first. Focus instead on getting BFing down. Then after several weeks, start pumping and freezing. I second @smushi on her recommendation. Good luck!
    smushi said:
    Here is a helpful breakdown for milk storage and how long it lasts.  Kellymom is great storehouse of knowledge for breastfeeding.

https://kellymom.com/bf/pumpingmoms/milkstorage/milkstorage/
    THIS AND THAT :)

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • Thank you ladies
  • I got this magnet at babies r us 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was told by doctors when I delivered 3-4 days in the fridge, 6 months in freezer, 12 months in a deep freezer. 
  • I like the rule of 7... that's a good one.. deep freeze can go up to 12 months though...
    And having Btdt. .. opening a bottle of sketchy milk from fridge... you'll know... YUCK 
  • Also - it was sort of inefficient from an environmental perspective but if you freeze everything in 4oz quantities in freezer bags or even a few 2oz bags (I went through seriously a million freezer bags) then you're able to pull out one at a time and only defrost exactly what you need. Do NOT freeze large 8-16oz quantities that you might have to waste!