October 2016 Moms
Options

A prayer for everyone worried about Zika

HA! Just kidding!!!  I knew that would get you in :) 

Here's some new information if you haven't seen it though that has settled my mind a bit - https://us6.campaign-archive1.com/?u=29cbc7e6c21e0a8fd2a82aeb8&id=329c583ae4&e=e055ff6204

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                     BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
      BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                               BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

Re: A prayer for everyone worried about Zika

• Options

Thank you Lol...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicBabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I read the title...... saw who posted...... was so confused.

Very interesting read though!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I thought someone was about to get flamed. Thanks for the laugh. And the new info 

• Options
    ha! ps- I recognized your siggy from the April '14 board. You prob don't remember me but it gives me good memories :) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    For anyone who may be interested in reading some other articles, there are some theories also floating around about the mandate that all pregnant women in Brazil receive a Tdap vaccine prior to 20 weeks. This was initiated in October of 2014, about 7 months prior to the increase in microcephaly. I am not posting any links because most are conspiracy theories and not medical sites so I don't want to be associated with spreading these and having others assume I hold their ideas 100% true, but they can be an interesting read with the right mindset to be open to other possibilities. Maybe we will get more answers in he upcoming months and get to relax on some of our additional stress. As if being a baby bakery wasn't already stressful enough!
  • Options
    For anyone who may be interested in reading some other articles, there are some theories also floating around about the mandate that all pregnant women in Brazil receive a Tdap vaccine prior to 20 weeks. This was initiated in October of 2014, about 7 months prior to the increase in microcephaly. I am not posting any links because most are conspiracy theories and not medical sites so I don't want to be associated with spreading these and having others assume I hold their ideas 100% true, but they can be an interesting read with the right mindset to be open to other possibilities. Maybe we will get more answers in he upcoming months and get to relax on some of our additional stress. As if being a baby bakery wasn't already stressful enough!
    Thanks for that!  So much information out there that isn't evidence based that people latch onto.  If you find any evidence based info - please share!  I am always looking to inform myself.  

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• Options
    SnobunnieMelSnobunnieMel member
    edited February 2016
    Most of everything released about Zika isn't evidenced based but the problem is people think just because the news reports one theory then it automatically is absolute law. Probably should be my UO of the week but people freaking out because there is a single case of Zika in their state, from a person that directly traveled to Brazil recently, are alarmists. Yes it is a concern, no you don't need a biohazard suit just yet. Many countries in Africa and Asia have a 75% infection rate with zero defects. 
  • Options
    Most of everything released about Zika isn't evidenced based but the problem is people think just because the news reports one theory then it automatically is absolute law. Probably should be my UO of the week but people freaking out because there is a single case of Zika in their state, from a person that directly traveled to Brazil recently, are alarmists. Yes it is a concern, no you don't need a biohazard suit just yet. Many countries in Africa and Asia have a 75% infection rate with zero defects. 
    True -- because the media rules us!  I get the freak out, though.  I mean, the whole "winged beast delivers defects to your baby" should make people freak out, right?  Whether of not its really that, the media will spin it and we will suck it up because we are run (in America) by a culture of fear.  Its sucks but we are.  Take birth for example - most women and afraid of it and forget that, although it carries risks even for low risk women, typically its a natural process that  our bodies prepare themselves for for around 40 weeks.  

Disclaimer**I'm sure I could draw a better comparison but since we are on a "birth month board," birth is how I make a living, and I don't feel like thinking of another comparison - it works.  I'm not changing subjects or judging your personal beliefs on birth.** 

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• Options
    cd92007 said:
    ha! ps- I recognized your siggy from the April '14 board. You prob don't remember me but it gives me good memories :) 
    Hey! I spent a hot second on that board and bounced from TB until TTGP with this nugget. How's your April 2014 baby doing?  Pm me if you want

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• Options
    I don't know how reliable they are but I just read an article on CBC.ca that most cases of the birth defects in Brazil  predate the zika outbreak
    -=- Tara -=-

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    I just read this article too!  It definitely lessens the stress for me, that's for sure. :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers