Multiples

Selective reduction- please help!!

Has anyone done one? I am desperately looking for support during this difficult time as I am scheduled for a reduction tomorow. 

Re: Selective reduction- please help!!

• Hi I haven't been in this situation and I don't know what your exact situation is either. I feel like if you are going to do reduction then you probably have valid reasons to do so. I am pregnant now with twins, FTM, and I am beyond scared and nervous but I keep thinking there are millions of other people out there that can do it then so can I!!! Whatever your situation is, I am sure you are a strong woman and can handle it...best of luck to you, keep your head up no matter what you decide. Prayers to you! 
  • Hi I haven't been in this situation and I don't know what your exact situation is either. I feel like if you are going to do reduction then you probably have valid reasons to do so. I am pregnant now with twins, FTM, and I am beyond scared and nervous but I keep thinking there are millions of other people out there that can do it then so can I!!! Whatever your situation is, I am sure you are a strong woman and can handle it...best of luck to you, keep your head up no matter what you decide. Prayers to you! 
    Thank you! I too am a FTM and unfortunately, one of my twins has a VERY severe heart defect and will not likely survive after birth. My doctor is recommending the reduction in order to give my healthy twin the best shot and a heakthy and full term pregnancy. I'm absolutely devastated, as you can imagine. Was hoping there was someone else who has had to do a reduction, either for similar reasons or not, who I could lean on for support :-/
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry to hear, I can imagine how you are feeling. I noticed the multiples board takes a little while for responses, I am sure there is someone out there. 
  • @RMM1204
    I'm sorry to hear this news! I believe you are in the June birth month with me too. I would suggest reaching out to some of the twin groups on Facebook and there are also loss groups for parents of multiples too. My heart breaks for you!
  • We had to do it with our triplets because one wasn't doing well and the risks were just too high!  Every doctor we saw said it was the best thing for all the babies.  It was probably one of the worst things I've ever  been through and still isn't easy.  When we found out the sex of the other two, it was especially difficult to wonder about the third baby.  But we have to keep focusing on the fact we had to do what was best for all the babies.  One doctor told us it was the most loving thing we could do, I keep that in the front of my mind.  I live in Utah and they wouldn't do it here, so we actually had to travel to San Francisco which made it even worse.  Give yourself time to grieve and be as easy as you can on yourself.  And then there comes a point where you just have to move on from it.  My thoughts are with you at such a terrible time!
  • See if you can reach out to your local multiple births group - you won't be alone in this and the groups I've come across almost all had grief support for the rough turns of multiple pregnancy. Maybe the OB or hospital you are delivering at would have some support available too. 
    Expecting Double Trouble, April 2016