April 2016 Moms
Options

Freebies, Trials, and Samples

Re: Freebies, Trials, and Samples

• Options
    Baby leggings are super easy to DIY from knee high socks if you have a hard time finding patterns you like. They're mostly just for the adorable factor, but we will also use them for warmth while doing "bare butt" potty training with a regular shirt.

Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Just wanted to share a couple of the things I got that I only paid shipping on. So far I have breast pads and baby leggings. I have two sets of each pattern on the breast pads; I'm washing them today but they seem to be thick and soft, so hopefully they won't be irritating on the chaffed nipples I'm expecting in the near future. The offer for baby leggings is only for 5 pairs, but I liked 6 and the 6th pair was only $2 because I had already ordered 5. The packaging came with a ton of coupons for things like udder covers and books; I found a blog with the offers at https://serendipityandspice.com/free-stuff-new-moms/ I'm waiting on the diapers, will update when they arrive. I do know that I'll have to cancel a recurring subscription once it arrives so I'm not charged $75/monthly.
    How did you get the deal on baby leggings?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just ordered the baby leggings, too! Thanks for the tip. @RoseShadow873, you just select 5 pairs that you want and then enter the code "SAS15" at checkout. 
  • Options
    Yesssss @AmadorRose I just ordered mine! So adorable!
  • Options
    I just ordered my baby box from Walmart can't wait to get it!
  • Options
    I ordered the leggings too! I love that they have union jack ones! Thanks guys! :)
  • Options
    rebelone said:

If you are a member of Amazon Prime, you can create a registry, make a $10 purchase from it and then opt for a welcome box. My welcome box came with a bunch of samples including small bottle of prenatal vitamins, an infant bottle, full package of wipes (we're using with DD) among other things. That's all I've gotten as far as freebies.

I just created a registry on Amazon what do I have to do to get the welcome box?
  • Options
    If you are a member of Amazon Prime, you can create a registry, make a $10 purchase from it and then opt for a welcome box. My welcome box came with a bunch of samples including small bottle of prenatal vitamins, an infant bottle, full package of wipes (we're using with DD) among other things. That's all I've gotten as far as freebies.
    I just created a registry on Amazon what do I have to do to get the welcome box?
    You have to do that jumpstart thing, have a ten dollar purchase made from the registry (you can do it yourself) and then you can "order" the box.
  • Options

rebelone said:

You have to do that jumpstart thing, have a ten dollar purchase made from the registry (you can do it yourself) and then you can "order" the box.

Ok great thanks so much!
  • Options
    I went to BRU over the weekend to purchase our crib mattress and in the BRU sales add there was a coupon for a free Dr. Brown's bottle and pacifier with $15 purchase. I was buying a crib skirt too so they let me divide the transactions and use the coupon twice so I got two free bottles/pacifiers and they're adorable because they're the V-day edition. I wasn't planning on using Dr. Brown's because they really seem like a huge PITA to clean but for free I'll give them a shot. They also came with a little cleaning brush.
  • Options
    This Amazon review trader thing sounds great! There's a baby carrier for $8 on there.
  • Options
    Joness11 said:

This Amazon review trader thing sounds great! There's a baby carrier for $8 on there.

Although I suppose I probably can't really review much baby stuff until the baby is here lol. Browsing around on this site is fun though lol
  • Options
    Joness11 said:

Joness11 said:

Although I suppose I probably can't really review much baby stuff until the baby is here lol. Browsing around on this site is fun though lol
    All you need to do is one review to be bumped to the next category of reviewer, which allows you to apply for more reviews at once. So you can apply to review the carrier, receive it, and put your dog or cat in it... Or borrow a friend's baby for a few minutes for the sake of a review! All you need to do is squeeze out a paragraph and you get a great deal.
  • Options
    Ordered the baby leggings!   Thanks @AmadorRose for the tip!
  • Options

Joness11 said:

Joness11 said:

All you need to do is one review to be bumped to the next category of reviewer, which allows you to apply for more reviews at once. So you can apply to review the carrier, receive it, and put your dog or cat in it... Or borrow a friend's baby for a few minutes for the sake of a review! All you need to do is squeeze out a paragraph and you get a great deal.
    yeah that's what I was thinking of doing! I have a friend who said they have a used carrier to give me, so I'm going to see if I can get that in the next couple days and then if it's not any good I might get that $8 one
  • Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    edited January 2016
    When I got the goodie bags from Buy Buy Baby and Target we got a coupon off $25 off of $50 or more for The Honest Co. We finally got to users one of them at Target. We got all this (a bit over $50) for about $6. We used other gift cards from previous purchases and the red card. Each of these items averaged about $10.

Can't wait for Buy Buy Baby. Same coupon and you can use other 20% off and a $5 coupon that also came in their goodie bag. Never been so excited about coupons!
  • Options
    Having issues uploading pic.

• Options
    cmjenkiescmjenkies member
    edited January 2016
    @yodiggity they are a PITA to clean but they saved my sanity with DS, the king of reflux.
  • Options

We ordered it and I was a bit disappointed. Target and Buy Buy Baby had way better stuff (more of too)

• Options

We ordered it and I was a bit disappointed. Target and Buy Buy Baby had way better stuff (more of too)

When I registered at buy buy baby I had gone twice and they gave me 2 bags! I love free stuff :)
  • Options
    I got the baby leggings and breast pads in the mail today and I was surprised at how big everything seems. Are breast pads really one size? I don't know if I will have big enough boobs for these things. And the baby leggings look big enough to fit my legs, so what size/age baby are they for???
  • Options
    I got the baby leggings and breast pads in the mail today and I was surprised at how big everything seems. Are breast pads really one size? I don't know if I will have big enough boobs for these things. And the baby leggings look big enough to fit my legs, so what size/age baby are they for???
    Your boobs will definitely grow. Mine are also still quite small, but they'll definitely grow when your milk comes in. Also, more surface area=more absorption if you spring a leak. The baby leggings I got will probably fit this one around 6 months, I'm guessing. I don't imagine I'd want them quite as tight as my own leggings, but I'd be worried if they could fit my thunder thighs. Either your legs are much more slender than mine or your leggings are stretched out. 
  • Options
    Your boobs will definitely grow. Mine are also still quite small, but they'll definitely grow when your milk comes in. Also, more surface area=more absorption if you spring a leak. The baby leggings I got will probably fit this one around 6 months, I'm guessing. I don't imagine I'd want them quite as tight as my own leggings, but I'd be worried if they could fit my thunder thighs. Either your legs are much more slender than mine or your leggings are stretched out. 
    Yeah haha, I don't think they would fit my thighs probably, but it looks like they would fit my lower legs for sure. I guess I thought they would fit smaller babies and I could use them right away. I think one pair might be a little stretched out because it's longer than the others but only like an inch. I have no idea how large baby legs get and when so thank you for the answer.
  • Options
    Yeah haha, I don't think they would fit my thighs probably, but it looks like they would fit my lower legs for sure. I guess I thought they would fit smaller babies and I could use them right away. I think one pair might be a little stretched out because it's longer than the others but only like an inch. I have no idea how large baby legs get and when so thank you for the answer.
    I think it depends on the kid...I have a 9-year-old niece who still wears elastic-waisted pants because she's just so skinny, but one nephew in particular had Michelin man rolls until he was two. His thigh rolls had rolls and it was adorable. 
  • Options
    The baby legs can be worn for a while. You can used them over their entire legs and then when their thighs get too fat, use them on lower legs and arms.
  • Options
    The breast pads are quite large but I think too it's so that it doesn't show through like a panty line.
  • Options
    Target just sent me a coupon if I register with them I can get a 20$ coupon 
  • Options
    I REALLY want to order those baby leggings (I've visited the site like 5 times already) but each time end up convincing myself to hold off until the baby gets here and we know the sex. There are too many gender specific leggings!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Joness11Joness11 member
    edited February 2016
    Just saw that target is giving a $30 gift card with the purchase of 2 bulk packs of pampers or up & up diapers thru Saturday. I also got a target registry flyer in the mail with a coupon to get a $20 gift card for starting a new registry. 
  • Options
    I just wanted to share the free leggings I got from the website @AmadorRose suggested!
  • Options
    I just wanted to share the free leggings I got from the website @AmadorRose suggested!
    Cute!
  • Options
    linzoirvlinzoirv member
    edited February 2016

I just joined Similac Strong Moms Rewards Program online and they sent me an email with a promo code for a free Shutterfly photo book! Go to www.similac.com to register; only took 2 minutes tops! They also promise to provide up to $300+ in goodies/coupons, etc.

In addition to that, they also have the Beyond The Bump Sweepstakes going on that you can enter in daily through your Strong Moms account. The grand prizes are pretty awesome. If you don't win the grand prize, you can also instantly win smaller prizes.

Shutterfly photo book

FREE photo book

Watch your email for a promo code for a FREE Shutterfly® photo book

Offer is good for one free 20-standard finish page 8x8 hard photo cover photo book and one Storytelling™ style through shutterfly.com, our mobile-friendly site or the Shutterfly Photo Story app for iPad. Offer cannot be redeemed more than once per account and/or billing address. This particular offer code can only be redeemed once. Taxes, shipping, and handling will apply. Customer may add options to their 8x8 book (additional pages, Storytelling™ elements, photo book accessories, other cover types, etc.) at additional cost. Alternatively, customer may apply the current price of a 20-standard page 8x8 hard photo cover photo book (after taking into account any current discounts on shutterfly.com) toward the purchase of a larger photo book. Not valid on 5x7, 7x9, or 8x8 soft cover photo books, prepaid plans, other products, prior purchases and purchases made on the Shutterfly apps. Valid for the intended recipient only. Cannot be redeemed for cash or combined with other offers or credits. Not valid for resale.

Shutterfly® is not a registered trademark of Abbott Laboratories.

READ MOREup-arrow READ LESSup-arrow
  • Options
     ...I'm on a roll today, ladies. :D
    I also just signed up online for the Enfamil Family Beginnings program. They are giving out "Belly Badges" in additional to the other free stuff while supplies last.

Enfamil Family Beginnings

Enjoy special offers, savings and support through pregnancy, baby's first year and into toddlerhood.

With the Enfamil Family Beginnings program, you'll receive helpful support and expert advice timed to reach you when you need it most. You'll also enjoy valuable savings. Join now and here's some of what you can look forward to:

Special giftsFormula samplesTimely adviceValuable couponsSpecial offers

For Tiny Prints, the offers are $20 off of birth announcements and 20% off of birthday invitations.
  • Options
    I feel like I signed up for the simlac and enfamil clubs very early on but haven't gotten anything yet (except a shitton of emails). Maybe they wait til your edd to start mailing coupons and samples?
  • Options
    I got an email that apparently you can get 3 free pairs of something called "ruffle buns" from rufflebuns.com, which looks like the same company as the baby leggings. They look like they are just for girl babies though. The code is VDAY16.
  • Options
    I got an email that apparently you can get 3 free pairs of something called "ruffle buns" from rufflebuns.com, which looks like the same company as the baby leggings. They look like they are just for girl babies though. The code is VDAY16.
    I was just going to post that I just got this email as well. Girl stuff is so much cutter then boy stuff :smiley: 
  • Options
    I wonder why the codes are different