Options

TWW Friday

2»

Re: TWW Friday

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 31/10

Timing: -6. Sigh.

Testing: Waiting for AF. Although I did find an unused dollar store test today. But I shoved it to the back of the cabinet and am currently pretending that it is not there.

R/R/CS: Getting anxious for AF to show so that I can move on to the next cycle. Last month, a week-long illness delayed O by a week, and both DH and I felt like crap (re: awful timing). Today I woke up with a sore throat AGAIN. Took some Zicam and hoping that it passes quickly. 

GKTY: TGIF! What are your plans for the weekend? I work my second job on weekends, but am only working the lunch shift both Saturday & Sunday! Usually I work a double shift on Sunday. DH will be at work, so I want to find a show to binge watch. Any suggestions? 

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @joyful08 and @depineta Congrats! H&H9!
  • Options
    @strickland8052 the subject line has me dying. I could see that happening to me. I really should spend less time here when I'm at work, lol.

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17
  • Options
    @JamieMichelle12 I had a similar experience a few months ago with a really long LP. iI's consistently 13 days but that month I had a 15 day LP. I also had what looked like an "implantation dip" which I've never had before. I didn't get even a squinter but I often wonder whether I had a chemical that month. There's no sense in focusing on 'what if' but it's interesting for sure. 
    Me: 29 years old, DH: 31 years old
    TTC #1 since July 2015
    SA Feb 2016 & May 2016: Excellent count and motility, 3% morphology
    Surgery Dec 2016: submucosal fibroid removed
    Awaiting RE appointment

• Options
    @strickland8052 That is all too relatable! I always try to minimize the amount of time that I have those screens up just in case and of course this morning one of the men I work with walked in to ask me a question right when I was looking at my chart. He was like "what is that? Algebra? Geometry?" uuuuhhhh......lol
    Hahahahaha! What did you tell him? Omg! That sounds horrific (but hilarious)!
  • Options
    Congrats to @joyful08 and @depineta H&H 9 months!
    Sorry to all the BFNs. It makes me sad to see so many today. All the wine for you guys! And creepy internet hugs. 

Month/Cycle: 13/9

CD/DPO: 24/9dpiui

Timing: iui and O

Testing: Feb 1 maybe the 2nd...

R/R/CS: We had a service guy out a couple of weeks ago to fix our furnace. It had been running great until this morning...I work from home on Fridays and it got down to 63* in my house before I went why isn't the heat turning on? Yeah, can't get the furnace to turn on...service guy will be out this afternoon to check it out. In the meantime I'm probably spending a fortune running my fireplace, but at least it's keeping me warm! 

GKTY: TGIF! What are your plans for the weekend? Getting together will all my old coworkers tonight, we do a white elephant gift exchange which is always hilarious! And then getting stuff in order to start my side business. Cannot wait! It's going to be a great weekend! 

• Options
    So I just got a call from the nurse saying my progesterone levels at day 21 were 1.59 meaning I hadn't ovulated. But my chart says I did on day 19. I'm so confused!!
  • Options
    MRSCORKERMRSCORKER member
    edited January 2016
    fitlady21 said:
    So I just got a call from the nurse saying my progesterone levels at day 21 were 1.59 meaning I hadn't ovulated. But my chart says I did on day 19. I'm so confused!!
    Can you link your chart?

Edit: My bad, I went back through the posts and found it. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    **Lurking from WTO** 
    @fitlady21 What happens to your chart if you don't discard your temp on CD 18? I would agree that it looks likely for CD 19. Maybe @HeyBooHey is right and the numbers are off because you were tested too early in you LP? Sorry you're confused. I would follow up with your doc and see about getting another drawn in a few days.

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    Well I got tested on day 21.. Wouldn't that have my levels higher if I ovulated 2 days earlier?

If I don't discard that temp on day 18, it shows no ovulation. I discarded it for 2 reasons. I temped about 2 hours late and I was drunk the night before.. Like passed out drunk. Haha
  • Options
    @JBcakes08 good luck on your potential new job. I do the same thing about obsessing, it makes me feel crazy! 

@joyful08 congrats! 
    Month/Cycle:

CD/DPO: 24 / 8dpo

Timing: -4, -2, 0 

Testing: ummm I'm crazy. I tested today and the test had no lines, not even the Control line. Which is the best bc I git my crazy Ness out by poas but it's way too early anyway. 

R/R/CS: nada 

GKTY: TGIF! What are your plans for the weekend?  We bought our new tiles last night so this weekend we will start redoing our guest bath shower! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    fitlady21 said:
    Well I got tested on day 21.. Wouldn't that have my levels higher if I ovulated 2 days earlier?

If I don't discard that temp on day 18, it shows no ovulation. I discarded it for 2 reasons. I temped about 2 hours late and I was drunk the night before.. Like passed out drunk. Haha
    In that case, I would keep the discarded temp. I've read that progesterone increases and peeks during the LP. If you are only 2 DPO, I would imagine your progesterone levels are higher than they were prior to O but maybe you'll have a more accurate result a few days from now. Far be it for me to question a health professional, I'm just brainstorming. My temp usually climbs slowly and peeks around 7/8 DPO. At 2 DPO, it's still pretty low which would indicate that my progesterone levels are lower as well. Again, not a health pro, just thinking out loud.

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    Thanks so much @sldp123 @jmr1515 @beary67 @murray1030 @Paturkey @shaami1986 I seriously appreciate you ladies.

Sorry for all the BFN all round, they suck.

@beary67 you're so lucky to only work until 11am fridays!!!

Congratulations @joyful08 FX for a darker line

@severmilli12 hoping for a high temp tomorrow for you!

@paturkey glad to see you over here! congrats on the CH :)

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    congrats @joyful08 !
    @shaami1986 that's hilarious!

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 26/ 11

Timing: good but clearly not good enough

Testing: all BFNs 

R/R/CS: I think I'm out this month. I should be moving to CD1 in 3 days and I definitely feel like PMS. Plus BFN this morning. I wish I didn't feel this disappointed. It's only been TWO months... I need to get a grip.

GKTY: TGIF! What are your plans for the weekend? I'm on home call so I may or may not have to work. I'm excited to sleep in. 
  • Options
    RN91RN91 member
    edited January 2016

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 24/12

Timing: -1, 0

Testing: 10/11 dpo BFN

R/R/CS: Huge dip in my temp today after a huge spike yesterday. The past 2 mornings I have been waking up at 5 am in anticipation of knowing my temp. This am is was 97.57 at 455. I went back to sleep (didn't get up) and re-checked at 630 (my usual time) and it was 97.99. I reluctantly put the first one in. It makes my chart look so bad and makes me feel like I'm for sure out. The other temp only gives me a slight dip and I hold on to some small hope. Since this is my first month off birth control I have no idea what my luteal phase is or really what my usual pre af signs are (or I just never paid attention). I'm mildly crampy today and my breast have been tender since 10 dpo. Rant over.

GKTY: TGIF! What are your plans for the weekend?

Well, in my head I was going to get a bfp Sunday morning and spend the rest of the weekend floating on clouds, but I guess I'll settle for finding a new series to binge watch.

https:/www.fertilityfriend.com/home/61c4b7

Edited for spelling*
    Me: 24 DH: 28
    Married: Feb. 2009
    TTC #1
  • Options
    @fitlady21 the form I got from the lab gave me the following ranges:
    .2-1.5 follicular phase
    1.7-27 luteal phase
    .8-3.0 ovulation phase

1.59 looks like you are still in the ovulation phase maybe? 
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 24/9

Timing: -2, -1, 0

Testing: ever day until AF (scheduled for Monday)

R/R/CS: I'm really thinking I'm out. Negative pregnancy test this am and my AF cramps have been around like they always are before she arrives. Sorry I've been so negative in my TWW posts this week. I'm just not dealing with it well this month!

GTKY: DH and I are watching The Martian right now. Tomorrow my MIL is taking my DS so we can work on refinishing our cabinets. Exciting times!

• Options
    @mj8215 I'm only on month 3 and I feel the exact same way. Silly for being so sad, but mostly just sad. Womp womp. 

• Options
    Kay6519 said:
    @joyful08 and @depineta Congrats! H&H9!
    This. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

****Lurking from Sept 2016****

@Fitlady21- I would put the discarded temps back into your chart for a few reasons.  An hour or two may seem like a lot to have your temping time be "off" but if it was only for the one day of your whole cycle, FF should still be able to determine a true O date based on that temp.  And if the temp was higher due to alcohol, the same concept applies.  If its just one temp, I'd put it back in.  FF has a tutorial that says you should not discard your temps just to make your chart more appealing.  You could be inadvertently changing your O date by taking that temp out.  Also, I saw in one of your other comments that you have previously had 55 day cycles and that you O'd on CD 24 before.  Based on those comments as well, I would definitely put that discarded temp back in.  If you haven't hit CD 24 yet, you can't be sure and by taking that temp out, you could be affecting the outcome.  I would wait until you got to about CD 30 (or longer depending on how many 55 day long cycles you've had) to really know if you should discard that temp or not.

That said, a blood draw on CD 20 could very well be too early for them to check your progesterone.  What I had been told was you want to have the progesterone blood draw done on the 7th day following O or as close to the 7th day as possible.  The old thought process is we all O on CD 14 so if you go in on CD 21 for blood draw to check progesterone levels, it should show signs of O.  but if you didn't O until CD 24 in a previous cycle, its quite possible you had the blood draw too soon.

Yours sounds a little more tricky because of lengthy cycles and such.  O date can certainly vary but typically its going to be within the same range give or take a few days.

I would consider asking them to do another test in a few more days or another week depending on what your temps have been doing.  Also, depending on your age, you may want to consider going to an RE because when I had my blood draws done, I had been told all of this stuff about when to do the test by the ladies on this board.  I asked the nurse about it and she said no, I was to come on CD 21 because that is what the paperwork said.  Well I didn't listen to the nurse and I O'd on CD 18 and went on CD 25? for the blood draw.

When I saw the RE we had been seeing he said I obviously knew what I was talking about based on the info I was sharing with him.  RE's and GYN's have different mind sets.  So if you aren't making progress, I'd consider skipping the GYN. 

Good Luck!!