Pregnant after 35
Options

How long did you try?

2»

Re: How long did you try?

• Options
    38 years old here, currently 15 weeks pregnant with #1. We were successful on our third cycle of actively trying, though we were NTNP for about a year before that.
    Me: 40  DH: 43
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    BFP #1 9/28/15, EDD 6/10/16. DS born 5/23/16!
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
    BFP #3 12/17/17 EDD 8/25/18. It's a boy!
  • Options
    skooterblennyskooterblenny member
    edited January 2016
    Prior to age 35, we tried twice and got pregnant on the first try both times. After 35, pregnant after 1 month, ended in m/c. Took four more months to get pregnant again.
    + 6/1/11, due 2/12/12. natural m/c @ 8wks
    + 9/3/11, due May 2012. overdue baby born healthy!
    + 8/3/15, natural m/c @ 5wks
    + 1/4/16, due 9/14/16

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    38 years old (getting ready to turn 39) and I am newly pregnant. Got pregnant on our second month trying. With my prior pregnancies at ages 30 and 32, I got pregnant the first month that we tried. Also, pregnancies 2 and 3 were assisted by Clomid.
  • Options
    I am 36, pregnant with #3, and we got pregnant our first cycle. Others were first and second cycles, at 29 and 31.
  • Options
    dmndsr4evadmndsr4eva member
    edited January 2016
    I am ttc second.  My first baby was born when i was 31 and took about 4 mths ttc.  I used preseed and was charting.

edit:  I haven't been on here in a year or more.  Don't know how to remove that quote.  Sorry guys.
  • Options
    That article is great!  Thank you so much for sharing. @chole97
  • Options
    I know I'm the exception but we got pregnant first try. I missed my birth control refill in November. We talked about using condoms since our plan was to try this summer. However since I'm 38, 100 lbs overweight and have been on birth control 20 years we would likely have to take fertility treatments/IVF so might as well not worry about it. I got pregnant in December lol
  • Options
    5th try here. I'm 35 and DH is 46. I'd been off the pill for about 3 years but we didn't actively start trying until last June. BFP on Halloween, 17 weeks today!
  • Options
    I am 35, now 7w and got pregnant 2 months after getting off the pill. I started charting (temp, fluid, cervix position) and I think that helped me realize the day I ovulated.
    Good luck!
    Married 06.21.14 / TTC since 11.15 /
    BFP 01.03.2016 / MMC 6w5d D&C 02.2016 // BFP 05.06.16 / natural MC 05.12.16
    Benched 06.2016-08.2016 / TTC again 09.2016! On a diet. Cranky.
    BFP 10.02.2016 / NT scan at 12w looked normal / Anatomy scan at 20w everything ok
    Team blue! / EDD June 11th 2017
    DAVID ROGER was born on May 23rd at 37 weeks.

Architect, Peruvian living in Chile. I love art, opera and good chocolate.
    Started PhD studies in Architecture on 2017.
    Fur mom of a rescued miniature poodle called Luke Skywalker.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I saw my first RE in my first marrage in 2006.  Now in my second marriage as of 2009, we had been TTC for over six years with the help of the ob/gyn.  2015 was the first year I was ready to go back to an RE and try IUI/IVF.  This was my first IVF retrieval and frozen embryo transfer.
  • Options
    von1976von1976 member
    edited January 2016
    We started when I was 36 and it took 3 years. We conceived naturally. I did temping for a year, then used the Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor. None of it worked. As far as I can tell I was ovulating, but nothing ever came of it, even though we were having sex at the right times. We were about to start infertility testing. We left the monitor at home when we went on vacation and we got pregnant. Go figure.

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
    BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d

• Options
    I'm 38 (I'll be 39 in october). 

We've been trying for 6 months and I finally got a positive test on Friday.   We had actually given up...and here  I am! :)  Best of luck to you! 

• Options
    MamafestoMamafesto member
    edited February 2016
    I had my first when I was almost 35 and it took nearly two years then. Now, I'm 37 and 10 wks pregnant. It took 5 months to get pregnant but had a mc in July. Then it took another 5 months to get my positive hpt and so far things seem to be progressing well.
  • Options
    I have been trying to conceive for nine years on and off, naturally. I am now 35, almost 5 weeks pregnant
  • Options
    35 here. Pregnant in the third cycle while using OPK. And apps to track my period. I had been tracking for a while before as I didn't want to get pregnant so had alot of information.  It was still a few days off. The kit narrowed it down and we had sex frequently so that the sperm was there when needed. ( and for fun) I'm also one to feel when I ovulate so that helped. 
  • Options
    I'm 39 and am 34 weeks and 2 days.  We tried for 4 1/2 years. I had a miscarriage after we had been trying for 2 1/2.  The thing is, the issue was DH. I recommend going to a fertility doc if you're not pregnant in 6 months. We waited a year since I had just turned 34 when we started trying, but I wish we'd gone earlier. Turns out DH had low sperm count and motility due to very low testosterone. He had absolutely no other symptoms of low testosterone, so that was a huge surprise.

Meanwhile, my cycles have always been extremely regular and all my test results were great. So you never know. DH has been on meds for a few years now and his count is up to normal levels, but it still took a year for him to get there, and then time for us to get a viable pregnancy.