September 2016 Moms
Options

You Know you're pregnant when....

....your supper sniffer nose kicks in and you can smell That your two year old pooped and you haven't even gone up the stairs and down the hall to his room.
Oh the glorious smells we will smell with our supper sniffer powers!

Re: You Know you're pregnant when....

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Your to sick to eat or make dinner. So you have hubby make it.
  • Options
    @ElcaB that was me at my company's holiday party Friday. I placed a couple of pieces of fried calamari on my plate, then proceeded to the table to google "Is calamari safe while pregnant".

You know you're pregnant when tears just stroll down your cheeks for little to no reason.

DH: 35 | Me: 29
    BFP #1- 07.25.12, EDD: 03.24.13, DD born 03.26.13
    Surprised BFP #2- 02.25.15, EDD: 10/29/15 |*m/c 7w4d, D&C 04.02.2015 
    BFP #3- 01.21.16, EDD: 09.29.26 |*m/c-blighted ovum 2.19.16 8w1d, D&C 03.04.16 
    BFP #4- 05.24.16, EDD: 02.04.17 |*natural m/c-  07.08.16, 9w1d
    BFP #5- 09/25/16, EDD: 06.07.17 GROW
    , BABY, GROW! 

• Options
    ...someone tells you you can't have hot dogs while pregnant, so you go to Costco, and literally all you can smell is HOT DOGS, and you start to drown in your own saliva. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    .....you disconnect your insulin pump so you can shower, get to work, test your blood sugar and can't figure out why your glucometer isn't sending the results to your pump. And then you realize that you never reconnected your pump....well isn't that just special.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    EVERYONE knows your pregnant.....when you're on a double date and you're the only one without an alcoholic drink in front of you.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    UnwritteN12  
    oh no! My Dh is always forgetting so many things at home or at work in regards to his Diabetes. We now have back up for back ups in both the office and at home. 
    hope you were able to get your numbers back down quickly...stuff like that always throws you off. 
  • Options
    You wake up and the first thing you do is plan yor nap for after work. I seem to think about napping a lot. Hmm....
  • Options
    You spend 3 hours on Youtube watching "Gender Reveal" videos!
  • Options
    @yellowrose314 you can eat hot dogs. Don't eat them everyday and make sure they're fully cooked/heated but they're fine. Enjoy!
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @pilotswifey I was JUST thinking about deviled eggs yesterday.  It's one of those things that sounds ah-mazing for about five seconds and then I think about how I'd feel afterwards and am immediately nauseous.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ... you eat oreo pop tarts for lunch. (Just happened. And they were amazing.)

• Options
    @backoffunicorn I cringed when I read your post. MAKE THE TASTE GO AWAAAAAAY, KILL IT WITH FIRE
    September '16 -  May Signature Challenge
    Awkward Family Fun

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    You decide to heat up some chicken fingers. Then the smell of the chicken is so overwhelming you puke.
  • Options
    ThurstobertayThurstobertay member
    edited January 2016
    @Knottie62456610 I've done this, but with my glasses. While they're on my head.

I went to Wendy's earlier and resisted getting a frosty, and I've been torturing myself with thoughts of milkshakes ever since. Think I'm stopping by Smashburger for a Nutter Butter shake after work. :| Because willpower.
    September '16 -  May Signature Challenge
    Awkward Family Fun

• Options
    When you are so frustrated with the IT department at work that you burst into tears and simultaneously binge eat an order of mozzarella sticks
  • Options
    When someone on here mentions and Andes mint shake at Arby's and then someone mentions curly fries and those two things dominate your thoughts until you finally get them the next day. So good. And I never go to Arby's.
  • Options
    @PSUBecky23  whattttt?! I've heard from like 3 family members and my GP that I shouldn't eat hot dogs because of listeria. I don't eat them often.. only when the mood strikes and I'm at Costco. 
  • Options
    @yellowrose314 I use the OVIA pregnancy app that has a food safety look up to check my anxieties at every meal. For things like hot dogs, deli meat and sausages it says as long as it is steamed or cooked to an internal temp of 165 it is considered safe to eat
  • Options
    @SnobunnieMel That's awesome, I've been looking for pregnancy apps to download, thanks for the recommendation :)
  • Options
    @PSUBecky23  whattttt?! I've heard from like 3 family members and my GP that I shouldn't eat hot dogs because of listeria. I don't eat them often.. only when the mood strikes and I'm at Costco. 

The general recommendation is not to eat hot dogs or lunch meat because of listeria. My OB told me that as long as I cook my hot dogs well and don't eat them everyday, it's fine. I also stick to the natural, organic ones.

Meanwhile, what was the cause of the last listeria outbreak? Bagged salad. How do you cook that?

Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    AlyeenaAlyeena member
    edited January 2016
    @yellowrose314 In the vast majority of cases the hot dogs are not cooked enough. Better you make yourself some at home and grill them thoroughly. It is unsafe to buy hot dogs from delis or stands, especially if they are steamed ones!!! they will never be cooked enough if they are only steamed.
    35 years old, TTC #1 Dec 28, 2011
    PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
    First IVF cycle June 5th 2015 --- BFP
    Miscarriage at 8 weeks
    FET December 15th 2015--- BFP!
    First saw  at 6w4d
    It's a boy!

Luciano Alessandro Maximiliano was born on September 3rd 2016

• Options
    When ur taste buds tell you Crab legs, then 5min later thats the nastiest thing ever... But steak will be ok...2min later u loss all taste for food!!!
  • Options
    You beg your mother in law to make potato pancakes and minutes later almost vomit at the thought of them... I feel so bad for the people in my life. Good thing they love them! 
  • Options
    You unbutton your pants at Valentines dinner and don't even care
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Options
    You unbutton your pants... Anytime, because they don't fit anymore and you just don't care
    When you give up pants because they are uncomfortable no matter how big they are... and instead wear the same comfy sundress every day because... well because I'm pregnant and darn it I deserve it!! Lol

Also, when food seems impossible until someone mentions cheesecake milkshakes. Gawd yes! 
    Trying to Conceive Ticker

• Options
    When grocery shopping is a new kind of torture. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    You're instantly a narcolepti...zzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz