Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

UO Thursday

124»

Re: UO Thursday

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't know how unpopular this is but every time I hear anyone (TV, IRL) say they are "building their brand" I want to slap then right in the mouth.  

Hahaha!!!!! Yessssss! I have so many of these over here in Silicon Valley and being a "start-up wife"! "Building our brand" is definitely one, so is "it's like Uber for ______," ESPECIALLY when it is nothing like Uber!
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• Options

On the essential oils....a friend of a friend heard about my thyroid cancer diagnosis and actually fb messaged me trying to persuade me that a particular blend of essential oils could "totes cure the thyroid thing" .

Thyroid THING?! You mean... Cancer?! Uh... NO thanks, I'll stick with having surgery to remove it. THEN she tried to tell me that when I had no thyroid (BC it was removed in surgery) that I shoukd try essential oils instead of synthroid.

For real?! For REAL?!

To make it worse, she included the hundred of things I may have done to cause my own cancer... Plastic, chlorine, non organic food ect.

Wow wowowowowowowow.

@gardeniagirlknits What the literal F are people thinking?

Not nearly this brazen but I was on a serious cocktail of meds for my BP after having HELLP syndrome with my son. A girl who I used to work with now works for a chiropractor and told me that essential oils and adjustments would 'solve my problems'. Oh really!?? Adjustments and essential oils can bring my BP down 80 points both systolic and diastolic? Let me tell my team of world class doctors they are wasting their time and mine and come in to get my back cracked. I'm sure I'd feel more comfortable about my stroke risk knowing my back was adjusted.

Some people should just stop talking.

*High five*

Married May 2014
    TTC Nov 2014-Aug 2016
    Aug 2015 Dx: Thyroid Cancer and Hashimotos
    Total Thyroidectomy October 2015 
    Ovarian Cystectomy Nov 2015
    CANCER FREE and resumed TTC Dec 2015.

• Options
    @kmalls - Forgot to ask before, what size did you order your Irma in? They run about 2 sizes smaller. For instance, I'm a L/XL shirt normally, but wear a M Irma.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    crzyforbabiescrzyforbabies member
    edited January 2016
    Not sure if this is really a UO or more of a guilty confession.... But I enjoy reading the posts in the Glow community. It really makes me feel more put together, better informed, and basically less like an idiot when I think I have crazy thoughts. For example.... I just read a post where someone had "veiny breasts" and thought it was a sign of pregnancy....
    Sadly, "veiny breasts" do come with pregnancy, but at 4-5 weeks, come on. It reminds me of the time I saw someone post a picture of their happy trail at a few days DPO and ask if it was their "linea negra". Nope. Just belly hair.
    I always have a line on my lower belly. It isn't very noticeable, but I remember my friend saying I was pregnant in elementary school when she saw it  :p.
  • Options
    @MrsDho11 do you watch Silicon Valley on HBO? It's so good and is pretty much on point with the making fun of start-up culture. I love it. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @MissAmeliaPond - we do, and we fully enjoy it!  Seasons One and Two ended up being frighteningly well timed on multiple instances for things the guys were going through with their start-up as well, which was awesome/freaky.   Love it though!
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• Options
    edited January 2016
    I don't think women should wear make up.  I wish all the make up in the world would be ejected into space, never to be seen again.
    I love makeup! I couldn't wait til I was able to wear it at 16. Sometimes it's a chore, but if you know what you're doing, you can enhance your natural beauty. Sometimes I want to give people makeovers and/or offer unsolicited makeup tips. I don't typically have painted nails or wear my hair down, and I'm always in jeans, but I will put on a nice face of makeup 9 times out of 10.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Having GIF problems  :(
  • Options
    OK... here's my TV related UO: 
    - I really don't get the appeal of Game of Thrones... I mean, everybody dies... every. single. character. And what's with the dragons? Couldn't get into it at all... 
    - On the other hand, I love all things Star Trek... even if the shows feel dated now (60s, late 80s, 90s, 2000s, respectively), and are at times naive and cheesy ("yay humans are BFFs with all the other aliens, except the mean ones but we defeat them..." I love the optimistic outlook on the future (and the lack of major characters dying, see above)
  • Options
    @furbabymom2007 Glow is such a guilty pleasure of mine too! I once found a group called 16 and under ttc or something like that and spent the entire evening reading those girls' posts.. like "I've been with my boyfriend for one month and we are in love. We saw a baby at the mall and decided we wanted to start a family!" So entertaining but some of the posts on there get really annoying.

Me: 28  DH: 28
    TTC #1 since Nov. 2015
    Dx: Both tubes blocked, PCOS, DOR, RPL
    IVF Cycle #1 Dec. 2016 - 11R·11M·5F - Transferred 2 - BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    IVF Cycle #2 March 2017 - 5R·4M·3F - Transferred 1 -  BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    Instagram: KateDoesIVF