Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

UO Thursday

Re: UO Thursday

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    babymish said:
    Ok I've been waiting all week for this. Disclaimer: this is a word I don't like. I still like the people that use it. What is with the use of "prolly". As in I prolly will test on this day.... etc. This made up word literally makes my blood boil. Probably is a great word and it's real! It erks me so much I went so far as to make a note of it in my phone so I wouldn't forget for this post.
    I have never heard or seen the use of "prolly" but when I was young my mom would say "pry" instead of probably. (Though I'm not sure if that is how she would have spelled it - she never wrote it out.) I thought it was a legitimate way of shortening the word until I was in about 5th grade.

On the MLM front, I am facebook friends with someone who sells those wraps that supposedly help you lose weight. (They don't work and it makes absolutely no sense.) She kept messaging me about it and I don't remember if I blocked her or maybe she just stopped, but I saw her at a wedding recently and was irrationally worried she would get mad at me for never responding to her.
  • Options
    xiphos13xiphos13 member
    edited January 2016
    I'm excited about the snow.  Work has been extra awful lately, and I could use an extra day off to try to get my mind off things.  I know everyone is already over it, but I love watching the dog run and play in the snow.  I just want to have a day where I can be silly with her and have a good time without having to worry about ridiculous job things.  I've caught myself being more grumpy at home, and I am not the kind of person that takes work home.  I'm very good at leaving the job at the door, but lately things have been making me concerned, and I'm ready for something new if I can find it.

Edited because I still can't GIF properly, and it was causing a scene.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Ewwwww!!!!

***TW: previous pregnancy mentioned****

I remember I was SO EXCITED to get that line with my first pregnancy. I had my baby in Nov. '14 and that sucker is still there. Now, not so fun.

Quote @JamieK1882 That up there ^^ is supposed to be in a box. I think there in acronym for that. I broke something. Sorry.

TW**
    Yep. Mine finally faded out about a year ago. DS is almost 6. Now I just have that sweet, ewwww belly hair. Thank god for wax. Wax everywhere? Yes, please!

Edited because of quotes or lack there of .

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I have another one. A different thread reminded me of it. I hate when people anthropomorphize their period - i.e., referring to it as "she" or saying "she was light" or "she was heavy" or referring to it as "the witch". IT'S NOT A PERSON!

But it's that b that is all cray, cray. I ain't taken no blame for her.

;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    bcooke314 said:

babymish said:

Ok I've been waiting all week for this.

Disclaimer: this is a word I don't like. I still like the people that use it.

What is with the use of "prolly". As in I prolly will test on this day.... etc. This made up word literally makes my blood boil. Probably is a great word and it's real! It erks me so much I went so far as to make a note of it in my phone so I wouldn't forget for this post.

I have never heard or seen the use of "prolly" but when I was young my mom would say "pry" instead of probably. (Though I'm not sure if that is how she would have spelled it - she never wrote it out.) I thought it was a legitimate way of shortening the word until I was in about 5th grade.

I've only ever seen it on this board. I was assuming it's U.S slang?

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    kmalls said:

Here's my real UO about MLM's (can you tell I have a lot of rage there?):

Stop calling yourselves small business owners.* You are not a small business owner. Running a 21 Day Fix Facebook group for 5 of your friends does not make you a small business owner. Enough with the "I love owning my own business!" updates with the accompanying picture of you holding a laptop by your pool. It's insulting to us who actually DO own a small business.

* I acknowledge that those at the top of the MLM food chain had to work hard to get there. A very small percentage of people actually succeed to get to that level, and thus post is not aimed at them, it's aimed at the 99% of people who espouse the virtues of any given fad program for a few months, and then disappear.

I have a close friend like this! Drives me nuts cause she's always telling me she's "working". UM. No. Ordering office supplies for your "business" is not "working". Granted I'm a SAHM now but, before I had kids I always worked or went to school or both.
  • Options
    babymish said:
    babymish said:
    Ok I've been waiting all week for this. Disclaimer: this is a word I don't like. I still like the people that use it. What is with the use of "prolly". As in I prolly will test on this day.... etc. This made up word literally makes my blood boil. Probably is a great word and it's real! It erks me so much I went so far as to make a note of it in my phone so I wouldn't forget for this post.

I've only ever seen it on this board. I was assuming it's U.S slang?
    I actually have heard people say prolly out in the real world. Ugh. It's usually people who fell off the proper grammar train. 

Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: August 2014
    TTC #1 Since March 2015
    Diagnosed with PCOS March 2016
    SA results normal April 2016
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + TI = BFN
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + IUI = BFN
    Uterine polyp removed July 2017
    Round 1 IVF January 2018

• Options
    @iceandsnowflakes29 I just won't use "DH". Or "AF". Or "HIO". I don't really mind when others use them but I just can't do it. I am all for abbreviating (HPT, OPK, BBT, etc. are all good) but not abbreviating made-up alternate words. 
  • Options
    I don't know how unpopular this is but every time I hear anyone (TV, IRL) say they are "building their brand" I want to slap then right in the mouth.  

• Options
    babymish said:

mrskratt said:

I hate cheese. I think it's disgusting and even more disgusting when it's melted. Yellow, melted cheese makes me want to gag just looking at it (dramatic much).

I even order my pizza without cheese.

Oh this is just WRONG.

This is crazy talk! A pizza without cheese??? That's a tomato pie!

I could murder a pizza now...

Cheese-less pizza is actually a local thing in RI. They call it bakery pizza and it's pretty good! It's probably a lot closer to what the rest of the world calls bruschetta than actual pizza.
  • Options
    I don't have one of my own but chiming in with feeling weird using DH, DD and DS. I also want to say cheese is one of my favorite foods and cannot imagine cheese less pizza!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Options
    anj27 said:
    @iceandsnowflakes29 I just won't use "DH". Or "AF". Or "HIO". I don't really mind when others use them but I just can't do it. I am all for abbreviating (HPT, OPK, BBT, etc. are all good) but not abbreviating made-up alternate words. 

I actively avoided using DH and AF for quite a few months on these boards and now recently I have found myself typing them in without even realizing it. It has seeped into my unconscious mind!
  • Options
    Not sure if this is really a UO or more of a guilty confession.... But I enjoy reading the posts in the Glow community. It really makes me feel more put together, better informed, and basically less like an idiot when I think I have crazy thoughts. For example.... I just read a post where someone had "veiny breasts" and thought it was a sign of pregnancy....
    Oh I do this too.  I used to wonder if anyone ever gets flamed there and what would happen, then I finally saw it.  It was amazing.  
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Sparty18Sparty18 member
    edited January 2016
    @MissAmeliaPond  I am sooo with you on the cat thing.  I love dogs to pieces, but cats are (mostly) evil.   It all goes back to when I used to babysit back in the day at this one house and as soon as I put the kids to bed the cat would chase me down like a psychotic beast.  I would escape to the bathroom and literally sit in there for what felt like eternity with the cat constantly putting it's paws under the door until the parents got home and then I would pretend I had just been in there to actually use the bathroom.  I was in there so long one time that I started counting the stripes on the wallpaper in the bathroom to occupy myself.  Clearly this was before cell phones existed and before I had the balls to just tell the parents.  Pure torture.
  • Options
    @bcooke314 You must fight back! You can do it!!
  • Options
    @MissAmeliaPond MLM = multilevel marketing. A nice word for pyramid scheme. (Yeah, I know--they're not actually pyramid schemes. But close enough.) You're lucky you don't have to put up with this stuff! :)
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    On the acronyms: I hate hate what DH literally stands for, but in my head it really just means husband. I use the TTC acronyms with my DH all the time and he makes up new meanings for them. Currently DH stands for Dong Hat (which we're obviously not using right now lol!). And btw I love HIO because "when in doubt, hump it out" is the best TTC phrase ever.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @MissAmeliaPond HIO is better than baby dance...
  • Options
    @emilyIRL ahh, there is one person in my FB friends who does this. I guess I'm lucky there aren't more!

@HeyBooHey omg baby dance is the worst. I guess I'm cautious too, because I never know what words are going to be TOU violations around here!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    MissAmeliaPond said:

I guess my UO is that I don't like cats, and struggle relating to cat-people. I was bitten and scratched too many times when I was little, and I'm still afraid they all want to bite me. 

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker