August 2016 Moms

Random/Fun Question: Do you (or your DH) want a girl or a boy?

I know that at the end of the day, we all want happy, healthy babies, and that we'll be happy no matter what. Plus, there's nothing you can do about it - you get what you get! 
But, I thought it'd be fun to know if anyone is hoping for a girl or a boy, or if your DH/family members are hoping for one or the other? I know some people really want one of each, and some are more comfortable with one gender or the other, so I thought it'd be fun to hear where you all are at!

Personally, we have a boy and a girl, so I can't say that I really have a preference but my DH says he would prefer another boy because (and I quote) "baby girls turn into teenage girls, and teenage girls are bombarded by teenage boys." My husband is absolutely the type to answer the door with an axe in his hand when the first poor little boy shows up to pick up our daughter for a date. :wink:
Me: 25  DH: 28

Hubby's little boy - my wonderful step-son - born 5/23/10
BFP#1: 06/2010...my beautiful baby girl born 3/7/2011
BFP #2: 10/24/15...mc on 10/31/15
BFP #3: 11/27/15. EDD 8/6/16

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill

Re: Random/Fun Question: Do you (or your DH) want a girl or a boy?

• Our first is a boy and we might be done after two. I honestly would be fine with either one, but I think DH wants a girl this time. We are definitely finding out, though, because we are both Type A planners! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH and I are both hoping for a boy. We want 4 kids so we are ok with a girl too but he says he wants a boy first so he can protect his sister. I think that's sweet. I personally have always wanted a son.
  • Loading the player...
  • At first I really wanted another girl so that my daughter could have a sister close in age to her.  However, I've recently been shopping for several people I know having boys and it's been fun to shop for blue stuff instead of pink, so that's sort of given me boy fever! 
    DD  <3 6/15/2014
    Baby #2 due 8/11/2016

• Since we are expecting twins, we'd love to have one of each.  But after 2.5 years of trying and a round of IVF, we are not picky!  We just want our babies to be healthy and happy!  
  • We both want a girl. Scared of raising a boy in the patriarchy, to tell the honest truth, but prepared for the challenge. Also, we don't really like any boy names but that's just a silly thing.
  • This is our first and I personally don't have a preference. My gut feeling right now is that its a boy, but my husband thinks its a girl (only because he wants a boy so badly). 
  • We have an awesome 15 month boy and I'm hoping for a girl but DH keeps calling this little one a boy. I can't wait to find out which it is since DH won't discuss names until we know the gender.
  • DH wants a girl. I think it's sweet. He is inspired by intelligent women who overcome all of the gender BS in our society and I think he feels like he wants to raise a strong, smart daughter.
  • Well, the hubby would like a boy at all, and I always wanted a boy first. I really think I'm having a girl though. I had 2 dreams last night that I had a girl who looked like me. We go in for our first ultrasound the day after tomorrow and I can hardly sleep! We, of course, would be happy with whatever we end up with. Boy or girl, it doesn't really matter. I think it'll do the hubby some good to raise a girl! ;) He'll get a new perspective on a lot of stuff!
  • I'm torn! We have a 21 month old sweet boy. Selfishly, I want this next one to be a girl so I can do the girly stuff, but I also think our son would have fun having a little brother. Either way has its perks!
  • I'm right on the fence, sometimes I want a boy more sometimes I want a girl more overall I don't really care. Hubby wants a girl 100% he thinks she'll be a daddy's girl, can't wait to prove him wrong ;)
  • We have a 2 year old boy, and this pregnancy feels so much different than that one which has me thinking girl. I'd love a girl and would love that we could possibly be done after a girl but it would be so nice for my son to have a brother close in age. I'm happy with either! There's always a third but if I wind up with three boys I'm done

BabyFruit Ticker
  • we have a daughter already, I don't care either way as we have all the girl clothes but a boy would be fun. DH wants a boy he has always wanted 1 of each. we are done after this one though so no matter what it is we are done.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We have 2 girls and a boy. It would be cool to have another boy to even out the score. My gut feeling says boy, DH's gut feeling says girl. Either way we will all be happy.
  • On our first ultrasound my doc said that if you go by the Ramzi theory it already looks like the chances are it's a girl. So now that I have that stuck in my head, I find myself really hoping it's true. We have a son, and I would really be happy no matter what as long as the baby is healthy, but I also find myself dreaming about having a little girl. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I grew up with a sister while H grew up with brothers. While I can easily picture a life with a daughter H can easily picture a life with a son! My only baby dream though was a boy! And we have an adorable niece and H has said "I can picture myself having a little girl". So who knows!

Our families seem very mixed on what they think/want!

Me - 33; DH - 33
    Dating 1/18/06
    Married 9/21/13
    BFP #1 12/15/15 - C Born 8/27/16
    BFP #2 1/10/20 - EDD 9/8/20

BabyFruit Ticker

• We have two girls and we are really hoping for a boy. We plan on having four kids but i think if we have a third girl my dh will cut me off lol.
  • I don't have a strong preference, I thought I would definitely want a girl more, but I lean towards that just slightly. DH wants a girl.

BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We have a daughter already, so it'd be nice to have another girl because I can reuse all the stuff and it'd be fun for her to have a little sister so close (I have 2 older sisters, one is only 18 months older than me and we were really close growing up).

But then it'd also be great to have a boy so we'd get the experience of one of each. Plus dd was born 6 days after my birthday and this baby is due 2 weeks before DH's birthday and I have visions of cute mom/daughter and dad/son birthday activities.

Basically, we'd be equally thrilled with either, so my biggest worry is a healthy baby.
  • We're team green.  I would love to re-use all my cute girl stuff, but a boy would be a fun new adventure.
  • I've always wanted a house full of boys. When I think about raising a teenage girl, I cringe. However, since I've practically been claiming having a boy for 7 years (even before TTC), with my luck, I'll have a girl. DH wants a girl.
  • DH and I are hoping for a boy. DH wants a boy because he wants the oldest sibling to be the protector of any younger daughters we might have. I'm hoping for a boy because each sets of grandparents have only granddaughters so far so it would be nice to have the first grandson. On the other hand though, I have more experience with raising girls babies (nieces and a sister that's 14 years younger) so I feel like I'd be more prepared for a girl.
  • We have a 22 mnth old DS and I go back and forth with what I want. I would love a brother for DS but I want a girl because I want to have the chance to raise a daughter. I really feel like I'm having another boy, but DH is convinced it's a girl.

• we both want a boy but would be happy either way
  • This is our first and we would both like a boy. The majority of our family is on team pink. We would both be perfectly happy with a girl, but I think DH is terrified of having a daughter. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We've got one of each...he wants a boy, I want another girl!
  • We have a boy and a girl already and we are hoping the third is a boy!! I have always pictured having 2 boys and a girl. So fingers crossed... Although we do make adorable little girls ;-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • After our recent loss, I really just want a sticky baby.  I lean slightly towards a preference for another girl, so that my girly-girl daughter will have sister to play with.  I also think I am just wired to be a girl mom and would have no idea how to parent a boy!  I think my husband would slightly prefer a boy, but neither of us has a strong preference. 

After my miscarriage, I had a very strong premonition/intuitive feeling that the baby I lost was a boy, and that my next baby would be a girl.  I've felt consistently that this one is a girl, but who knows!  We won't even find out till April, so right now I am focused on getting through first tri.

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • It's a toss-up. We have a DS and he is amazing. In some ways I can see myself being a mom of two boys. I think DS would love having a brother, and we have all the stuff for a boy so that would be the cheaper route. They could also share a room eventually, so we could keep our third bedroom as a guest room.

On the other hand I've always wanted a daughter, and we know this is our last, so if we don't have a girl now we never will. So that part of me wants a girl. I also have two SILs due this spring/summer and both are having girls so it would be fun to have girl cousins. (Interestingly they both also have boys around DS's age, so that would be pretty cool if we all had our boys then girls around the same time).

At the end of the day, it's been a rough road for us to build our family and we will be happy with either and thankful to be done. I'm ready to close this chapter in our lives.
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • We have two boys 3&2 already. Both of us were hoping for a girl then we found out we are having twins! So as long as there's one girl in there I'd be over the moon!! Two girls would be my next choice! My gut says I've got one each in there!
  • Hoping for a girl, but 99% sure it's a third boy :P
    BFP #1: EDD 8/29/11, MMC 1/14/11. BFP #2: Damien Isaac born 12/16/11. BFP #3: Rowen Cole born 7/28/14. BFP #4: EDD 9/16/16.

Anniversary

baby blog

• My BF is banking on a girl but I've always wanted a boy.
  • We both think it's a girl and my mom does too my dad and brothers say boy they had a discussion a few days then my dad said the u/s will let us know so this stops now lol
  • I guess since DH and I have been together I've always pictured us having a boy. His entire family is packed full of boys. But then with all my nausea a friend joked that I must be having a girl. I know nausea isn't indicative of having a girl but then it had me wondering...I had just never pictured it before. So now I'm torn. I think I still lean towards boy though.
  • We already have two boys and all of our siblings and cousins have all boys so I'm really hoping for a girl. However, we have the boy thing down. And we will be so happy either way.
  • I'm hoping for a girl and my husband is hoping for a boy. We have a girl and a boy already, so this one is just the tie breaker lol
  • Have one of each, already. Would (not so) secretly love a little girl, again but I'm pretty sure it's a boy! I don't mind, really. Just happy and healthy :-)
  • DH and I were leaning towards a girl but we would have been happy either way.

Found out this morning we are having a baby girl! ☺️
  • I would love to have a little girl. I have a son with Dh. I sort of like the idea of dolls and dresses and all things girly.