April 2016 Moms

FFFC

13»

Re: FFFC

• oh I'm making a loooooooong list. Unfortunately it will have to wait until his family leaves tomorrow... So I can't even really be too grumpy because I don't want to make things awkward for everyone. But all I really want to do is scream bloody murder at him and punch him in the head. Followed shortly by making him my servant for the next several days. He knows I'm pissed but was just like "wah blame my friend... It's not my fault he's loud". UMMM yes it is tell him to STFU or just go to bed; there's no reason to be up until 4am. Again, you're a grown ass man, you should be able to make these mature decisions.

• And you know what else is complete bullshit??? After a totally sleep-free night I am so exhausted today, my body is aching, I have a headache, and my stomach is quesey. Basically, I feel like I have a hangover!!! And I didn't even get the fun of drinking the night before. What a slap in the face. :(

• Loading the player...
  • @spatter1 this is why (UO) I don't really think adults should make a big deal out of celebrating birthdays or 'birthday weekends' after the age of 21, save for milestones.. 40, etc. Beyond a nice dinner with family or something, birthday celebrations are for kids, not for grown ass men to act like inconsiderate turds or to have a whole weekend dedicated to celebrating a birthday. That shish would not fly with me! We just don't make much of a big deal about birthdays past milestone age in my or DHs families.

Happy birthday to your man, none the less! Hope you put him to work today!
  • Can I make a Sunday confession? College algebra will be the reason I don't get my degree. Week two is all about polynomials; it has been nearly a decade since I've done math requiring use of anything other than my fingers. Also, the only thing I remember about polynomials is that a kid I went to high school with couldn't say the word polynomial because of a speech impediment, so he was forced to say it about 15x per day.
  • Can I make a Sunday confession? College algebra will be the reason I don't get my degree. Week two is all about polynomials; it has been nearly a decade since I've done math requiring use of anything other than my fingers. Also, the only thing I remember about polynomials is that a kid I went to high school with couldn't say the word polynomial because of a speech impediment, so he was forced to say it about 15x per day.

Another Sunday confession.... I LOVE MATH! I was in the California Math League in high school, lettered in mathematics. I competed in math competitions against other schools every couple of weeks. I was the weird kid who went up to AP calculus CD in high school-which is the highest my high school would allow :D

Also, poor kid with the speech impediment.
  • @kalanieileen you just lost points on your cool card. ;)
  • I'm with @cmjenkies. I will literally never, ever use anything this complicated and I'm trying really hard not to throw a temper tantrum over how much I fucking hate math because it makes me feel stupid. This class will be the reason I don't graduate with a 4.0. I already texted DH cancelling our date tonight because I'll be a miserable bitch knowing I have to come back and try to calmly allow him to try to instruct me and I honestly just want to destroy something.
  • I'm with @cmjenkies. I will literally never, ever use anything this complicated and I'm trying really hard not to throw a temper tantrum over how much I fucking hate math because it makes me feel stupid. This class will be the reason I don't graduate with a 4.0. I already texted DH cancelling our date tonight because I'll be a miserable bitch knowing I have to come back and try to calmly allow him to try to instruct me and I honestly just want to destroy something.

Algebra is the reason I failed college. Got all A's in every class except that one, failed it three times (even when it was my only course for the semester) and never got past the half way mark. My professor straight up told me "I know you're very bright, and you can make a lot of things work for you, but numbers aren't fluid and you can't expect a different outcome by wishing it to happen. Use your talents to build yourself up outside of a degree and stop beating yourself up over it." Left that school and haven't looked back. I honestly believe I may have a learning disability with numbers though... If I was going to consider going back I would look into that before establishing study routines from hell, working with every single tutor the school offered, and spending every waking moment of my existence begging it to make sense.
    Eeeeeeek, math !!!!
  • thaisac1 said:

Can I make a Sunday confession? College algebra will be the reason I don't get my degree. Week two is all about polynomials; it has been nearly a decade since I've done math requiring use of anything other than my fingers. Also, the only thing I remember about polynomials is that a kid I went to high school with couldn't say the word polynomial because of a speech impediment, so he was forced to say it about 15x per day.

Eeeeeeek, math !!!!

It makes me feel a tiny bit better that a physician also feels this way. It also helps that DH is almost off work and will be able to help me soon!

Another Sunday confession.... I LOVE MATH! I was in the California Math League in high school, lettered in mathematics. I competed in math competitions against other schools every couple of weeks. I was the weird kid who went up to AP calculus CD in high school-which is the highest my high school would allow :D

NERD

Me too. Numbers rock. Also, spreadsheets.
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • thaisac1 said:

Can I make a Sunday confession? College algebra will be the reason I don't get my degree. Week two is all about polynomials; it has been nearly a decade since I've done math requiring use of anything other than my fingers. Also, the only thing I remember about polynomials is that a kid I went to high school with couldn't say the word polynomial because of a speech impediment, so he was forced to say it about 15x per day.

Eeeeeeek, math !!!!
    It makes me feel a tiny bit better that a physician also feels this way. It also helps that DH is almost off work and will be able to help me soon!

I count with my fingers! Not mathematically-inclined at all!!! My brain is wired differently. :)
  • NOLA520 said:

I hated math in high school and college, but post-grad I've realized I like it and I'm actually kind of okay at it. I always wonder if I'd had the right teachers if I would've liked it more and done better in school.

Alas, I have a degree in English literature, so it doesn't matter anyway.

I love statistics. Stats is like writing an essay: you can make your answers say literally whatever you want them to, you just have to different methods to get to different answers. It's the only math class I've ever gotten an A in.

Also, spreadsheets are not just for math nerds. Budgeting? That's real life math. Spreadsheets are fun for everyone!
  • @AmadorRose ewwww math!!!! Thank god DH is good at it bc I would not be able to help my kids with math homework past first grade probably!