March 2016 Moms

Everything Meal Planning and Recipes!

13»

Re: Everything Meal Planning and Recipes!

• Saw this on the facebook
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • JessKo08JessKo08 member
    edited November 2015
    kynbar5 said:
    @kynbar5 I made my tenderloin last night using Ree Drummond's recipie, since she's pretty much my idol. It was so good! Thanks for the recommendation. I still have two my tenderloins in my freezer and am excited to try something different with those. On the menu today: filet mignon sliders with leftover tenderloin, left over dinner rolls, and some delicious horseradish sauce I made last night. Yum!

March 2016 Moms: January Siggy Challenge "Pregnancy Problems"
  • Loading the player...
  • @JessKo08 I'm glad you liked it and that menu sounds amazing! :)
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • So, ladies who cook and celebrate Thanksgiving, how was the food? Anyone try any new recipes they want to share? :) I made this raspberry cheesecake from Ina Garten https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/raspberry-cheesecake-recipe.html and it was ungodly and delicious. (FIVE PACKAGES of cream cheese! 5 extra large eggs! Yes, the filling nearly spilled out of the mixer because there was so much and yes, I did gain 9 lbs in the past five weeks...)
    It's a boy! Born 42 weeks, 2 days.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • So last year at x-mas my boss gave me a frozen ham, its been frozen since. Is it still good? I found on the other day that none of our x-mas gatherings will be having ham and i NEED ham! Since we have no where to go on xmas day i was thinking of getting it out (do i need to unthaw like a turkey?) and making it as a mini fam dinner.

Pregnancy Ticker

• CecilB93CecilB93 member
    edited December 2015
    As far as thawing it goes, in the fridge is the best/safest method. I read that you should account for 4-6 hours per pound. You can use cold water or the microwave if needed. With water you have to change it out every 30 mins and I believe the articles I read said to account for 30 mins per pound using this method. If you use the water or microwave method it has to be cooked right away once it's thawed, if you thaw it in the fridge it's still in the safe zone and can be refrozen if needed.

ETA idk about if it's still considered good or not, I didn't pay attention to the timing of that since we just got ours and plan to use it for Christmas.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• BEST. VEGGIE. SOUP. EVER. 

(I left out the beans, cause, yeah...and I also add in some parm when cooking and sprinkle some on top when I serve.)

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/winter-minestrone-and-garlic-bruschetta-recipe.html
    BabyFruit Ticker

• https://www.kevinandamanda.com/recipes/dinner/chicken-fajita-pasta.html

This was amazing and DH gave the approval to make it monthly. Its got a kick to it thats for sure. Also there is no reason to keep separating into bowls and pans. I cooked the chicken, peppers, onions, seasonings all at once then set those aside and did my pasta and cream.

Pregnancy Ticker

• @PinkSunglasses16 added to my Pinterest "to cook" board, thanks!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @smushi here's my oatmeal cookies

1 cup unsalted butter
    1 cup granulated sugar
    1 cup of brown sugar
    2 eggs
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    2 cups of AP flour
    1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon (goes well with the cranberries and makes it Christmas-ier?)
    1 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp of salt
    3 cups of oatmeal
    Cranberries and chopped walnuts to taste (I usually go with the cherry juice infused ocean spray cranberries just because they're juicier).

Cream butter and sugars in a mixing bowl. Add eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda,cinnamon and salt (preferably sifted). Add flour mixture to the mixing bowl. When it's well blended, mix in oatmeal, nuts and cranberries. Refrigerate dough to allow the butter to solidify again. Scoop onto cookie sheet (FYI dough doesn't spread much so make sure they're the size and shape you want for the most part). Bake at 375 for about 12-15 mins. I like to pull them before they're done so they're still soft and not too crunchy.

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Easy Cinnamom Rolls

I've been making this recipe for years, it can't be beat. I always make a simple cream cheese glaze for these as well, let me know if you want the recipe for that, too.

https://www.americastestkitchenfeed.com/bake-it-better/2012/04/secrets-to-beautiful-cinnamon-rolls/

☺️
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Easy Cinnamom Rolls I've been making this recipe for years, it can't be beat. I always make a simple cream cheese glaze for these as well, let me know if you want the recipe for that, too. https://www.americastestkitchenfeed.com/bake-it-better/2012/04/secrets-to-beautiful-cinnamon-rolls/ ☺️
    That looks AWESOME, can't wait to try it out.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"

• Easy Cinnamom Rolls

I've been making this recipe for years, it can't be beat. I always make a simple cream cheese glaze for these as well, let me know if you want the recipe for that, too.

https://www.americastestkitchenfeed.com/bake-it-better/2012/04/secrets-to-beautiful-cinnamon-rolls/

☺️

That looks AWESOME, can't wait to try it out.

Cinnamom...SMH. Sorry, it's been a day.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• 2 cans of garbanzos, 1 can of kidney beans, 1 can of black beans and one can of white beans all rinsed and drained. 3-4 cans of canned chopped tomatoes (chili ready or salsa style for flavor...quantity depending on your preference ) Add all the beans and toms to a crock pot with half a chopped red onion and half a chopped white onion and one red or yellow pepper sliced. Add garlic to taste ( 3-4 cloves chopped ) and 4-5 chipotles ( from a can). Salt, pepper and cayenne to taste after everything has been simmering for a few hours. Set the crock pot for 6-8 hrs on low and add a full head of chopped cilantro about 2 hours before the end of cooking time. Stir in a little Mexican cream ( or sour cream) to the pot or to your individual bowl and serve.

We usually add lots of chilies to this but you can add or remove to your own taste..easy and tasty crock pot meal that can easily be freezed and is rich in all the vitamins pregnant moms need from all these beans !
  • @vgirl33vb

There are a few recipes in this thread that are recommended. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Bump
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I meal plan, some weeks I'm more organized than others but a few days ago I started snack planning and OMFG it's the BEST!!

We like to think of ourselves as a little granola (breastfeed, cloth diaper, don't own a car - we use car share and my husband is a climate researcher) but man I've been enjoying my little portioned out sandwich baggie snacks! I have a basket in the fridge with 1 cup grapes portioned out, 1 cup baby carrots, whole apples, tiny mason jars with hummus and natural PB (not together!) and cheese sticks/baybel. We have a basket outside the fridge with healthy muffins wrapped up individually, bananas, portioned out chocolate covered almonds and granola bars. I swear I've saved all the money this week by not swinging by Starbucks or my work cafe getting snacks.

I have a feeling once baby is born this will get even more popular.
  • Two new (healthy) recipes I've tried recently and LOVED:

https://www.healthstartsinthekitchen.com/recipe/white-chicken-chili-dairy-free-grain-free-gluten-free-paleo/
    This is the best chicken chili I've ever eaten. The leftovers were awesome. Only regret is that I didn't have enough to freeze it to see how it does, but I'm definitely going to try doing that.

https://paleogrubs.com/nacho-recipe
    Homemade sweet potato chips topped with taco meat and guacamole. The whole family devoured this one, picky toddlers included.
    It's a boy! Born 42 weeks, 2 days.
    Pregnancy Ticker