January 2016 Moms

Official Labor Watch Thread (L&D questions, concerns, and announcements)

Re: Official Labor Watch Thread (L&D questions, concerns, and announcements)

• @babybluu - Good luck with everything speeding up!  Can they give you any anti nausea meds?
  • Well got my membranes stripped at 2 pm today and nothing to speak of which is a serious disappointment. Last time it worked so well! They don't want me to go over because of some concerns they've been monitoring so I have an induction scheduled for Saturday night- my due date. I hope he comes before then! But at least I know I'll have my little man in my arms very soon. He's too comfy in there!
  • Loading the player...
  • @babybluu my baby was born on my brothers birthday too! Your almost done! Hope you have a baby in your arms soon.
  • Anyone have thoughts on Castor Oil (for induction after DD)?
    I don't know if it's true or not, but I was reading somewhere that drinking castor oil to induce labor can increase the risk of the baby passing meconium in the womb.  Maybe worth researching?
  • Anyone have thoughts on Castor Oil (for induction after DD)?
    I don't know if it's true or not, but I was reading somewhere that drinking castor oil to induce labor can increase the risk of the baby passing meconium in the womb.  Maybe worth researching?
    Yes I read that too. I just know a few people who had done it and wanted to see if anyone had a personal experience story. Not going to do it though :wink: 
  • So yesterday I had my membranes swept around 2 pm. I was 2 cm and totally thinned out (39+5). I've been super crampy ever since. Feels like I'm having a really bad period. I've had on and off contractions also but that's not super new for me as I've had contractions since around 28 weeks. Hoping this ends up in labor! I definitely feel pain constantly..... but contractions haven't synchronized yet. Last night painful contractions got to 13 minutes apart. Fingers crossed! Anyone else have success stories with their membrane sweep or similar stories? I've been reading the whole thread but obviously we are at 15 pages now.... :wink: 
  • @amargaret24 I got my membranes stripped yesterday too and seriously got nothing more exciting than I have been! It can definitely cause some "false" intense contractions but it also definitely CAN put you in labor. With my second baby I got stripped and then 8 hours later she was in my arms so I was SO hopeful for a similar experience but no luck as of yet. I hope yours pick up!
  • @amargaret24 I got my membranes stripped yesterday too and seriously got nothing more exciting than I have been! It can definitely cause some "false" intense contractions but it also definitely CAN put you in labor. With my second baby I got stripped and then 8 hours later she was in my arms so I was SO hopeful for a similar experience but no luck as of yet. I hope yours pick up!
    Yeah.... I definitely have had insane cramps ever since, I can't really stand up straight but who knows. Could just be my cervix giving me the middle finger lol.
  • 3 days til I'm 40 weeks and literally nothing is happening. I'm not dilated. Not sure if I'm effaced (my dr just said "well your cervix is soft" but didn't tell me how much). Last week I was having contractions about 15 minutes apart, but for the last like ..5 or 6? days I haven't even had BH contractions. It's like my body is going backwards. I have an appointment today so we'll see what my OB says. If he doesn't come on his own in a week I know she'll want to talk inducing since she's already said she won't let me get to 42 weeks. I just wanted my body to do everything naturally so bad that now I'm so bummed out.
  • 39 +3, I had a massage yesterday and she did some "trigger points" but it hasn't resulted in anything. No signs of labor at all. 
  • FINALLY had a few labor signs today. last baby was 37+1 so I was feeling discouraged at 38+3. minor contractions off and on all morning. and some TMI.... some bloody discharge the last two times I've peed. I'm trying not to get too excited. my first labor/delivery was so quick that I am hopeful this one progresses fast too. My midwife will be gone from Friday afternoon until Monday morning. I have met her backup and really liked her. But would be bummed not to have my midwife. She was there to deliver my son two and a half years ago and this time we're hoping for a homebirth, so it feels even more intimate. I need this baby to come in the next 12 hours or (dare I even say it....) wait 4 days. UGH. 

the emotional roller coaster is REAL.
  • 40 + 5 today. Lots of Brixton hicks, but nothing has eventuated! Leaving home in an hour to get a stretch and sweep. I hope I'm one of the women who consider it "uncomfortable but not painful"! And that it means baby today or tomorrow! 
  • 38+ 3 2cm and 70% effaced. Pretty sure I've still got time although I wouldn't be upset if I didn't have to work tomorrow and next week and my son came a teensie bit early...
  • Due today, last night I started having some Braxton hicks that seemed pretty unusual for me - started at 10 min apart but fizzed out to 30 min before I went to sleep, only the tightening/hard stomach feeling lasted for a very long time maybe 3-5 min each even after changing positions, water... I haven't heard of them lasting that long and searched around but didn't find anything about it. Anyone else have this happen?
  • Went to L&D last night because I thought my water broke. Turns out, I just lost my mucus plug and part of it was really, really watery. I'm a little disappointed it was a false alarm, but LO isn't due til the 31st, so probably for the best.
  • Due yesterday. I got up to pee at about 3am, and saw bloody show. Started getting contractions, but they keep stalling out. I'm at the hospital on monitors and have still been contracting. I'm completely closed still, but when the doctor comes in we'll talk about an induction. I don't want to just keep contracting and coming back up here all weekend.
    Married March 19, 2011
    TTC off and on 04/14
    BFP 06/13/14 MC 06/15/14
    BFP 12/14/14
    1st Appt 01/13/2015
    M/C 1/19/15 D&C 1/20/15
    BFP 5/13/15
    1st Appt 06/10/2015 Peanut has HB 150
    A/S 09/02/15 It's a Girl!! Low placenta, but everything else great!

IAmPregnant Ticker

• @Jessdub10 my BH last a long time, usually around 3 minutes but sometimes longer. Changing positions doesn't stop them for me either. So in my world that's perfectly normal!
  • Well since my cervix has made no progress and my contractions stopped I've been sent home to rest. They want me back Sunday for another NST and possibly to start a gentle induction if no progress has been made. 5 hours of contractions and no progress, this sucks.
    Married March 19, 2011
    TTC off and on 04/14
    BFP 06/13/14 MC 06/15/14
    BFP 12/14/14
    1st Appt 01/13/2015
    M/C 1/19/15 D&C 1/20/15
    BFP 5/13/15

IAmPregnant Ticker

• Going on two hours of consistent contractions about 6 minutes apart and 1 minute long. We just dropped out 2 year old off at my sisters house so if this continues and doesn't stall out we don't have to wake him to go to the hospital. Also lost my mucus plug throughout the day today
  • I'm pretty positive I've been losing my mucus plug today- nothing too telling, but it's something. 26 hours until my induction. Due to some concerns and family history they don't want me to go over. I was really hoping he'd come on his own but it looks like we're going to have to nudge him out.
  • Jessdub10 said:

Due today, last night I started having some Braxton hicks that seemed pretty unusual for me - started at 10 min apart but fizzed out to 30 min before I went to sleep, only the tightening/hard stomach feeling lasted for a very long time maybe 3-5 min each even after changing positions, water... I haven't heard of them lasting that long and searched around but didn't find anything about it. Anyone else have this happen?

Yes - I had very long Braxton Hicks contractions on Sunday that I couldn't get to stop for a couple hours. I thought I was starting labor but they finally stopped. When I went to the doctor a couple days later I had progressed to 3 cm and 70 percent effaced, so they're probably doing something!
  • Just got released from L&D, having painful contractions 2-4 minutes apart, but they are not dilating me I was still at 1cm that I was at yesterday. They gave me a shot of pain meds and told me to try and sleep and come back in when they are strong enough to feel worse through the meds or if my water breaks.
  • @sgafbag & @MeghaJake thanks ladies good to know I'm not the only one. I really hope it helps things progress.
  • KimC2010KimC2010 member
    edited January 2016
    I went back to the hospital at 2am since i had contractions of increasing duration and decreasing time from 8:30-1:45. I was admitted at 1cm dilated and 75% effaced. Started Pitocin about 3:30 am now at 2.5 cm and 95% effacement. Have my epidural going (its amazing! ). Doctor coming by fairly soon to break my water and really get this show on the road.
    Married March 19, 2011
    TTC off and on 04/14
    BFP 06/13/14 MC 06/15/14
    BFP 12/14/14
    1st Appt 01/13/2015
    M/C 1/19/15 D&C 1/20/15
    BFP 5/13/15

IAmPregnant Ticker

• Had our 39 week appointment today and I'm almost 4cm dilated and cervix is "very soft" (last week was 75% effaced). Come on, baby girl!
  • Painless contractions all day long. I'm talking 16 hours. Ugh. Why do they have to be a tease?!
  • Well I did get some sleep at least. 2 doses of cytotec very regular, mildly painful contractions pretty much all night but no change! Ugh! They said my contractions were at the point where I couldn't take another dose of cytotec so I went off the monitor to get a little more sleep and they are going to let me shower, eat breakfast, etc and then do the foley bulb.
  • The past 2 nights (overnight) I feel like I'm having a constant contraction. It wakes me up and it hurts and tightens like a contraction but doesn't come and go. Its just consistant.
    I usually fall back asleep, and I'm fine in the morning, just wondering what that is? Would it be considered "cramping"? Anyone else experiencing this??
    N (2004)A (2007), N (2010), and L (due 1/2016)
  • leap_frog said:
    The past 2 nights (overnight) I feel like I'm having a constant contraction. It wakes me up and it hurts and tightens like a contraction but doesn't come and go. Its just consistant. I usually fall back asleep, and I'm fine in the morning, just wondering what that is? Would it be considered "cramping"? Anyone else experiencing this??
    I've had this a bit. The first time it stuck around for an hour and I was kind of scared because it was SUPER painful, but after SO helped me move around a bit it loosened off (I think it was an actual stomach cramp that just needed to be loosened). Early last week I had long cramps (30-40 minutes) that have faded then come back 40 mins later. I've been chalking it up to indigestion because after 3 or 4 of these I have mad diarrhea (TMI I know). Both I'll be mentioning at my appointment later today, but I'm pretty sure it's just "Yay you're almost 40 weeks pregnant" symptoms. Wish I was getting anything else (besides my inconsistent BHs) 40 weeks tomorrow.....

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 38+4 and just saw the midwife. She says baby is in perfect position (left occipit anterior) and his head is so low in my pelvis that she can't even palpate it! She is not sure I will even make it to my next appointment in a week! Here's hoping!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • leap_frog said:

The past 2 nights (overnight) I feel like I'm having a constant contraction. It wakes me up and it hurts and tightens like a contraction but doesn't come and go. Its just consistant.
    I usually fall back asleep, and I'm fine in the morning, just wondering what that is? Would it be considered "cramping"? Anyone else experiencing this??

Yes I had this last week Sunday night. I thought it meant I was going into labor and we almost dropped my kids off. It wasn't labor. I told my doctor about it and she thinks it is the reason I went from 1 cm to 3 cm but I am still pregnant more than a week later.