International Bumpies

Any British Bumpies?!

2»

Re: Any British Bumpies?!

• I am British and living in Hong Kong. Baby no2 is due in February.
  • I'm from Greater Manchester. Due late April 2016 so I have a long way to go!! Nice to see a British board on here too!
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi ladies,

My name is Angelina, I live in Reading (UK) and I originally started this group. I disappeared for a while as I had a discovered a live ectopic pregnancy around Aug this year and had to have surgery to remove part of my tube so had a difficult year as 3 months before that I had a miscarriage.

A blessing that I am finally back and recieved my BFP on Christmas Day!! According to my LMP my EDD is 04/09/16. Trying to not be too nervous and be positive instead but will be booking my first BETA this week and then will probably go for my early scan around 6 weeks as I'm high risk.

Really hoping this bean is a sticky one!! And looking forward to getting to know some of you Bristish bumpies! x
  • Hi ladies,

My name is Angelina, I live in Reading (UK) and I originally started this group. I disappeared for a while as I had a discovered a live ectopic pregnancy around Aug this year and had to have surgery to remove part of my tube so had a difficult year as 3 months before that I had a miscarriage.

A blessing that I am finally back and recieved my BFP on Christmas Day!! According to my LMP my EDD is 04/09/16. Trying to not be too nervous and be positive instead but will be booking my first BETA this week and then will probably go for my early scan around 6 weeks as I'm high risk.

Really hoping this bean is a sticky one!! And looking forward to getting to know some of you Bristish bumpies! x

Good luck with your pregnancy! Sticky baby vibes coming your way!
  • Hello Ladies. Bumpie currently based in Exeter. Been with the site since preg w. dd (now 1 week away from 1 year) and starting to gear up to ttc #2. Taken a long hiatus from tb but now getting back into the boards and looking for a new home board since most of my old one jumped ship when all the changes were made.

Hope all are starting the New Year well, safe and happy.
  • SmallangelSmallangel member
    edited January 2016
    Welcome back @Twochickshavinachick

Bumpie living in Reading... Not sure what happened with TB clear out that everyone seems to be talking about as only recently came back after taking sometime out because of an ectopic pregnancy.

Back again and on the Sept16' BMB as well as trying to keep interactions with this one.

All the best with your efforts on TTC baby #2!

Stay in touch :smile:
  • Welcome back :) I hope everything is going well so far and so pleased about your December bfp! I cannot imagine what you've gone through last few months so absolutely delighted for you at your good news :) I'm due next week so just playing the waiting game now...I'm just down the road in a village just outside Bracknell so keep in touch! Sally X
  • Thank you @sallyjackson1981 and the wait must be really exciting...!
    I cant wait to be out of my 1st trimester but have already had my 1st scan with LO in the right place with a heartbeat which im so relieved about.
    Your not too far at all... Will keep in touch & keep me posted after the birth?! x
  • @smallangel I'm glad the scan went well for you :) I will keep you posted on when baby arrives! I'm feeling a little apprenhensive although excited as it feels like have been waiting for this moment for a long time...hope you are feeling ok and not too sick with first trimester symptoms X
  • Hi British bumpies! I had my baby girl on Monday at 5.32. Amelie Isabelle 6lbs and 3oz. Water birth and gas and air! Highly recommend the water if you have the option. It took the edge off between contractions and relaxed me! In the end active labour only lasted 4 hours. How are you all doing? Xxx
  • Congratulations on your baby girl!!! 
    Is this your first?
    I really want a water birth as well... All is well, have my 12 week scan on the 22nd Feb so anxiously waiting and trying not to worry.
    How are you settling? x @sallyjackson1981
  • Hi @smallangel yes my first:) you? Settling in well thanks although beyond tired, Amelie is really very good and feeding well too. Can't believe she is here!! Best of luck with the scan on 22. Nerve wracking waiting for scans. Will be thinking of you xx
  • Hello.
    Hope all is well here. Happy to hear you had such a positive birth experience @sallyjackson1981 especially nice for your first.
    Just popped back after a busy few weeks - baby's first fever (scary/distressing) MMR (worrying, since our family has a history) and starting back to work. It's tough having to leave my little girl but I console myself with the idea that I could conceive #2 quickly and start maternity before little S is in full time education. 
    So what made you guys choose an American based site over a British one?
    Keep in touch.
  • Hi @twochickshavinachick how old is your Lo now you are back to work? Must be difficult to leave them. I am taking 12 months but only get paid fully for 6, then statutory pay (nominal amount) for 3, and nothing for final
    3! But my job is protected and there for me to go back to after that. Amelie is 3 weeks old today and keeping me
    very busy :) I'm looking forward to spending time with her as she gets bigger and starts to communicate and interact more. Not sure if/when we will have #2 as my Oh is 50 next year and already has two kids from previous marriage, so we will have to see if we can afford it!! 

i chose this this site as the app is really good and I tend to do most things on my smartphone. The British sites don't have an app as good as the bump! Also I'm quite interested in the international perspective on things to see what other mums in others countries are doing. :)

hope everything is going well for you and the bubba xxx
  • Hi @sallyjackson1981 ,

My mat leave was pretty much the same structure as yours. I had six months full pay, three stat and three unpaid. I could have returned to my original position as team leader but I felt it wasn't right - for my family or the company - going back to that position and trying to juggle the job requirement of being fully flexible with having a small toddler I wanted to spend all day, everyday with. I put in for six months sabbatical. It was granted but then for reasons beyond my control, I had to go back after about a month :( I'm contracted for twelve hours (would've liked 16 for the tax cred but at the moment, company is cutting back on contracted hours) and work between 10 and 15 overtime. A fair balance, I suppose.

In answer to your question, little S turned 1 in January and apparently, I blinked because she turned into a toddler overnight.

Wish you much joy with your LO. And take it easy :)
  • Good morning, British Bumpies. How are we all doing?

I've just hit cd 1 and this is the last cycle before we start actively ttc#2. It's so exciting but at the same time, the wait is so frustrating!

Dd is miraculously starting to sleep 6/7 hour stretches most nights. There was a time a while back that she was sleeping long stretches but then teething happened.

Hope all is well with everyone.
  • Hi @sallyjackson1981 @Twochickshavinachick, hope your both well. How is Amelie @sallyjackson1981

Had my 12 week scan this morning and all went perfect. Baby was measuring a few days ahead so now 12w4d instead of 12w1d. A new EDD of 1/09 so could well be an August baby as well... 
    Cant wait for my 20 week scan in April now! 
  • edited February 2016
    Hi @Smallangel That's wonderful news! Best wishes for a continued healthy and happy pregnancy.
    Any symptoms yet?
  • Good morning, ladies.

I'm out enjoying the sunshine with little S and thought I'd check in. How is everyone?
  • Hi ladies, can I join you? 
    I'm a Manchester mummy to be, 9wks 1day and counting! Had a loss last year so this has been a rough few weeks for me, everyday I'm getting bit more confident though and allowing myself to get excited for the future!
    Us British Bumpies seem to be rare don't they! X

• Hi @SonyaL9 Welcome to our little corner of TB. I'm Sarah and I'm based in Exeter, although I'm a born midlands girl. My partner and I have a baby girl (14mo) and we're TTC #2 starting this cycle - so excited!
    There's a few of us here but it's not a particularly active thread (to be honest, I followed the migration to the site that shall not be named and just check in from time to time)
  • Hey british bumpies!:) so nice to see some british people on here... I have to say these posts are much friendlier and less snarky than some on my bmb.. 

I'm from Wales but living in Canada atm. Ftm and due October18. It's a bit sad not having my mum and sister here during the pregnancy... But we're on whatsapp all day every day so they're getting all the unpleasant first tri details lol
  • smn14smn14 member
    Hi British bumpies, how have I only found this board now!! My DD was born on 29th February so is 3 months now. We are based in Woking. 
    @clb1984 totally agree about the less snarky messages on here!!!