February 2016 Moms
Options

Worst thing people have said...

13»

Re: Worst thing people have said...

• Options
    @thisusername
    my response on that thread was, "Unfortunately, pregnancy makes people think your body is fair game to talk about. Every single pregnant woman has had to deal with stupid, ugly comments from people." Basically, it was a get over yourself statement without being rude.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I think people are just used to seeing magazine photos of pregnant women at around 25 weeks.  They don't realize you continue to grow until they are confronted with a real life pregnant person.  That's my theory any way.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think people are just used to seeing magazine photos of pregnant women at around 25 weeks.  They don't realize you continue to grow until they are confronted with a real life pregnant person.  That's my theory any way.  
    That's probably true. I just really enjoy shutting people up. I had a woman ask me last week if I was sure there was only one in there. I looked at her and said, "I'm pretty small for being 8 months pregnant." She changed her tune and said, "Yeah you are actually." If it weren't for the waddling because this boy is so low in my pelvis, you can't even tell that I'm pregnant from the back.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    At Thanksgiving my 40 year old cousin straight up walked up to me and said "Hey Tubby, how's it going?"  I was so flabbergasted that all I could do was walk away. Not sure why he thought that comment was even remotely ok.
  • Options
    After two weeks off work, I had all the 'wow you're huge!' comments yesterday. Also a 'let me see how fat you are' comment...eh not fat, carrying a baby! Big difference! It is amazing how many people feel it's ok to describe you as 'huge'! As if any body consciousness has just vanished or you are somehow no longer human!