Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Your Advice: Natural M/C

2»

Re: Your Advice: Natural M/C

• Options
    Has anyone else experienced a miscarriage without cramping? I started spitting Monday and by Thursday was bleeding. I went for my ultrasound and then the bleeding got worse from there. I am still going through it, I've had little lower back aches but no cramping at all - and I'm just wondering If anyone else has experienced similar symptoms or lack of...
  • Options
    Hi so sorry for your loss, with my miscarriage it was days of just bleeding and no pain and the nurses kept saying some women don't have any pain etc and reassuring me. I'd passed alot of clots over this time and actually thought the worst was finally over when at 13 days I started cramping, had about two hours of horrendous contraction like pain and I then passed the sac, after that moment the pain was instantly over it was like my body just knew what it needed to do and for how long for. Lots of love going through this xx
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    :( I'm having a chemical pregnancy right now. I've 14 miscarriages in the past. I have no living children. This time I had prepared myself and I knew it was going to happen. I feel that is making this one easier. But I also feel like they have gotten less emotionally painful the more times it's happened. Of course it still hurts my heart and my soul, but the grieving doesn't last as long.
    I had a hysteroscopy a couple of years ago and they thought they fixed the problem they also discovered I have a little progesterone level, since that time I have only had two miscarriages as we just started trying again. I also have a chromosomal abnormality it would give the fertilized egg a 50-50 chance of becoming an embryo or just passing. I have a feeling and that is what happened to all of my very early miscarriages/chemical pregnancies.
    I have discovered the earlier your baby stopped growing, the less physical pain you have.
    I pray again that my next pregnancy will stick. [-O<
  • Options
    I started spotting last Monday 9/21. At that point I should have been 6w3d. I made an appointment for Thursday 9/24 should have been 7w0d. OB saw nothing on the ultra sound, and drew betas. Betas came back at 824. But the spotting continued and was slowly increasing. Saturday 9/26 my betas dropped to 770, at that point I began having light period like bleeding and minor intermittent cramping. My betas on Monday were 538 and in still just having period like bleeding. I'm waiting for another draw right now. Still bleeding, but today the pain/discomfort is starting to increase. I have only passed a few clots/tissues. How did you all determine that you had officially miscarried? Because there was nothing in my uterus there is no option for D&c. I'm being watched for potential ectopic rupture. After 9 days of this I don't even know if I'm over the hump or if the worst is still yet to come. I see a lot of you talk about you "knew that is when you miscarried". How did you know. Not knowing what to expect is super frustrating for me, especially because I have doctors who just want to give me methotrexate and I just want to let my body do it's job so long as my numbers are coming down. Thanks for sharing your experiences mamas!! Big hugs!!! Xoxo

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1: 04/27/12 ~ Amelia Elizabeth born @ 41w0d on 01/08/13
    BFP #2: 08/28/15 ~ MC 9/21/15 I'll always hold you in my heart little one
    BFP#3: 12/09/15 ~ MC 12/18/15 <3 mommies second angel
    BFP#4: 03/28/16 ~ Beta #1 10dpo: 22, Beta #2 12dpo: 102, Beta #3 14dpo:  276.  US a 27dpo: GS sac and precious baby measuring 5w5d. US at 6w3d: HB @ 108 bpm.   EDD: 12/09/16   GROW BABY GROW! Mommy & Daddy & Big Sister love YOU so much! <3
  • Options
    Hi. My name is Amanda. And unfortunately, I am going through this as we speak. Last week, I found out I was pregnant. Sunday, I was in the ER. Woke up, went to use the bahroom, saw blood in my urine and as I wiped. I knew something was wrong. I cried and cried. Hospitsl told me that it looks like I could be miscarrging. Today, i saw the ob. As they did the ultrasound it should the sac, but the sac was not were it was suppose to be. It at the end of my cervix waiting to come out. Im bleedinf heavy as i pee, not so much on the pad. No cramping as of yet but their are blood clots. Im learning ti cope but its hard. Only 5 weeks. Debating, if I should go to work tomorrow as I wait for this to pass.
  • Options
    I had a MC at 13 weeks. About 2 weeks after I told everyone. Felt some lower back pain around 5pm and around 7pm it felt like bad period pains. Thought it was gas. And then I felt (TMI) a wetness. Went and checked myself and it was a clear liquid. Then the bleeding started. A lot. We went immediately to the ER and about 20 minutes after we got there I delivered our little angel. Then I stayed the night so they could control my bleeding. And a week later I got a D&C because I noticed a sack hanging out when I was trying to go #2. (Ended up being blood clots that wouldn't pass, went to the hospital to have them removed) after that bled lightly and felt no pain for about 1 1/2 weeks. 3 1/2 weeks later bleeding and cramping like crazy for 2 weeks. Which I'm guessing was AF. Thank god its done today. Let's see what the future brings. Love and baby dust to all!
  • Options
    I wish I had known there were books for dads about baby loss… maybe my husband wouldn't have raped me while I was losing our baby. :'( 
  • Options
    Please tell me you left your husband if he raped you. That's disgusting. That's so awful and I'm very sorry for that.

Anyways, I wish I would've known how common it is to have a miscarriage and that you're blood type has to do with pregnancy ( I'm RH-) I really wanted a baby and it threw me into shock and I was and still am devastated by it. I still get upset about it. It hasn't even been a year yet since it's happened. I wish I would've known more about it so I could've been a little prepared for it. I didn't think it could happen or would happen to me. Me and my husband knew people who did drugs and everything while they were pregnant who are undeserving or anyone who doesn't their baby and they get to have their baby and we're healthy and everything and want a baby and we lose ours? It's not right. It's really messed up.
  • Options
    Hi Ladies, hope im not the only one still here....Today i had my second miscarriage(at 6 weeks) as if the first one is bad enough...this one was worse for me, the pain, the bleeding, the clots and the emotional pain that comes with it. My fiancé and i were just getting used to the idea that we were going to have a baby, it was exciting and since how i didnt have any bleeding at all i didnt think anything bad would happen and that i would be able to have a successful pregnancy. Rewind to my first miscarriage, from the day of implantation to about 4 weeks later i was spotting non stop. It was very confusing and i still have no idea what was going on. Anyway this time not seeing blood was such a relief; but i spoke too soon. I am very upset by such awful news and often wonder if i will have a successful pregnancy or will i be like the rare few and will be TCCing for 15 years before being able to have a baby....In light of this horrible event, i will be filling this time of grieving with planning our wedding and THEN focus on getting pregnant and staying pregnant. To any ladies who feel hopeless...dont give up, u will get ur rainbow baby soon. Lots of love!!
  • Options
    I'm hoping that this information is helpful to someone who is in my place in the future.  If so, I'm so sorry for what you are going through.  I certainly wouldn't wish this on anyone.  I did include some graphic detail.

I thought I was about 5-6 weeks pregnant.  My doctor had done routine blood work that showed my quants were at about 2900.  I woke up one morning in a panic because something felt wrong.  I couldn't put my finger on anything, and my husband said it was probably just crazy pregnancy hormones.  I went with my gut, however, and called the doctor and asked them to do my quant levels again.  They were very hesitant, but I was insistent, and they said ok.  

I called the office two days later, and the nurse told me that my levels were 2700.  When I explained to her that that was lower than my previous levels, she said she had to call me back.  After she called me back and said that I was likely going to have a miscarriage.  I was leaving the next day for vacation in Florida, and she said that I needed to make sure I always had pads and pain pills with me since they had no way of knowing when the actual miscarriage would start.  I had to go to the hospital to get my blood work done again, and spent the entire time crying.  The lab lady probably thought I was insane, but she was really really nice to me.

Four days later, I was walking around Universal Studios in Florida when my doctor's office called me again.  They said that my quant levels had gone up to 3300.  They didn't want me to get my hopes up, but they did want me to find somewhere to get an ultrasound because there was a possibility it was ectopic.  The nice people at the first aid area in Universal helped me find the nearest ER, and my friend drove me.  At the ER, they did an ultrasound, pelvic exam, and blood work.  They found a intrauterine pregnancy measuring at 6w 2d with a heartbeat of 125.  My quants were at 5000.  My friend was so excited for me, but I couldn't let myself be happy.  I had already been completely devastated once, and I couldn't get my hopes up again.

The next night I started lightly spotting, but I didn't think too much about it.  It became a bit heavier the next day.  The following day was Christmas Eve, and on the plane back home, I started bleeding very heavily.  I was very crampy and continued to bleed heavily that night.  I made my husband take me home early from his mom's house.  The next day (Christmas), I was still bleeding very heavily (about a pad every hour to 90 minutes or so).  I skipped Christmas at my parents' and just stayed home.  

By Saturday, I wasn't nearly as crampy, but was still bleeding quite heavily.  I went to the bathroom, and when I stood up, something slid out of me.  I was so surprised that I squeaked.  It was about the width of a golf ball and about 4 inches long.  It was tannish colored.  I decided not to look to closely because I didn't want to scar myself with bad memories, so I honestly can't tell you more than that.  Actually passing it was not painful at all.  Like I said, it completely surprised me.  

I continued to bleed heavily for the rest of Saturday and Sunday.  By Monday, I was still bleeding, but it slowed done a lot.  On Tuesday, I just needed a panty liner.  Tuesday night, I had an ultrasound that confirmed that I had a miscarriage and had passed everything.  I am very thankful that I was able to this naturally with very minimal discomfort, and I was already off work because of Christmas.  My heart really goes out to everyone who has had to use medicine or to get a D&C.

It's been nearly a week since the actual miscarriage and over two weeks since I first found out about it.  There have been days that I didn't get out of bed, days that I couldn't sleep for crying, and there have been days that I have felt "almost" normal.  I know that things will never be the same, but I also know that it will get better with time.
    TTC #1 since June 2015
    BFP #1 Nov 2015 ended in MC Dec 26 2015
    BFP #2 Feb 2016, EDD Nov 8 2016

• Options
    The worst part was that I could not reach a Doctor because it was Christmas Eve! I was so scared and didn't know what to do. My doctor was not on call and her covering doctor NEVER called me back. I finally just went to the ER that night after seeing scary clots in the toilet all day. UGH, it was a horrible experience. Emotionally tiring, horrible cramps, and feelings of uncertainty. I am glad that it is over and we are going to focus on the positive that at least we know we CAN get pregnant. I cannot wait to start trying again. I'm sorry for all of you who have had a loss. :(
    TTC#1 since March 2015
    MC Dec 2015
  • Options
    @Aera11 this thread may be helpful
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• Options
    Hi Everyone - Sorry for all your losses. I am new to TheBump. I suffered a natural miscarriage just yesterday. I was only 4 weeks along. Everything seemed fine....then yesterday I had a horrible stabbing pain, and began bleeding heavily and expelling tons of clots and tissue. This was my first pregnancy, first baby, after trying for 9 cycles. DH and I are devastated. I have a follow up with my OBG next week and I hope everything is ok for us to try again. We've been together 9 years, married 4, and have been trying since last year to be parents. With Mother's Day around the corner in a month, I don't know how I am going to cope. I feel almost like I failed my husband b/c I had the MC and "couldn't hold" his baby. I feel terrible. Hugs to all!     
  • Options
    megan3456megan3456 member
    edited June 2016
    This was my first pregnancy, I'll be 24 in one month. I was spotting the past few days, and thought it could be delayed IB, since it was light and pinkish/brown, and I was about 4 weeks along and had 2 BFPs last week. Today, the cramping got worse, my bb's were less sensitive, and my flow got heavy. Then came the back cramps, which I never have had. So, I told my friends that already knew I was pregnant. And most of them said "oh, that's great news!" in response to the MC. WTF is wrong with you?! Just because this wasn't a planned pregnancy, it's great news that I just began a MC and now have to painfully pass this baby over the next week, and the father isn't even answering me? I had plans for us, and had a hunch the baby was a girl. I already named her and pictured her face. Rosalind Anneke was due on Valentine's Day 2017. I'm crying in bed alone, going through netflix. I don't understand why people think this way. I'm very sorry to all who share this feeling.
  • Options
    @msd7992 I am so sorry for your loss of Rosalind Anneke.  I cannot imagine being told a m/c was "great news," how beyond insensitive.  I hope you find some support from the wonderful ladies on this board...you are not alone.  
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • Options
    I am sorry for everyone's losses.  My
    heart is with you all.

i had my first bets on the Tuesday after Memorial Day and it was 310.  I was scheduled for the next week to have a f/u beta.  Everything was going well.  Had some pregnancy symptoms.  Thursday night I had extreme pain on my left side.  It felt like I had extreme gas pain. The only thing that made it comfortable was two tyenol, and lay on the floor. I went to bed that night and I woke up that morning and it was like all my symptoms were gone.  I went to pee and I wiped myself and there was pinkish brownish color blood on the TP.  I sent and email to my doctor and laid back down for a while.

as I waited for my doctor to call me back.it had stopped and I started to feel some pressure.  But for some reason I knew what was happening and I just started to cry.   The Doctor got back to me but they thought it was normal pregnancy spotting.  The next day was wiping brown blood on TP.  Did the same on Sunday morning.  By mid-day on Sunday the bleeding was getting worst and I knew something was wrong.  I called my husband and said I think I need to go to the ER.  

Went to the ER and they ran my HCG and I was done to the 60.  I was bleeding more.  Nothing was on the ultra sound other then I had a cyst the hemorrhage.

next day, saw my doctor and confirmed it was a miscarriage.  

I have been having bleeding and cramping for a week now, but it is starting to taper off.  Also the cramping on Monday was really horrible and had to take Advil to control the pain.   Currently waiting for my HCG numbers to dropped.  Last test was 18. 

One thing I wish I had known is how tired I would be afterwards.  I guess it has to do how much blood I lost, but this whole deal completely wiped me out.
  • Options
    My heart goes out to all of you as I now know how you feel. I had a natural miscarriage last night after five days of bleeding. It started fast and was over fairly quickly with some pretty intense cramping. All of a sudden it ended and blood came gushing out with tissue. That's all I could see.

My question to all of you is how did you move forward without letting the pain and sadness overwhelm you?
  • Options
    @CFrias11
    I'm so sorry for your loss. The pain and sadness IS overwhelming at times. I had days when I would just sit and sob for hours, and many days when thoughts or memories would pop into my head at random times throughout the day, causing me to cry again. This is a big deal and deserves be mourned. 

That said, it does get better with time. Mine started a month ago, and I only stopped bleeding today (hopefully truely stopped, not just a fake out pause for a day). There are days now that I can go a whole day without crying. There are still many times I do cry, and many things that can trigger the sadness again. For me, two things that helped are prayer and thankfulness. I've spent a lot of time in prayer this past month, talking out feelings and worries and expressing my desire to trust in God's plan, even if I really hate what happened. I also tried from the beginning list the many things I was thankful for, even though some of those things made me cry even more. I'm thankful for the time that I did have thinking I was pregnant; I'm thankful for the amazing support of my husband; I'm thankful it happened earlier in the pregnancy; I'm thankful for this first glimmer of hope after struggles with infertility for over a year; I'm thankful we didn't tell my stepson yet, so he doesn't have to grieve; I'm thankful that, before I even had an official assigned OB, the doctor I saw for the urgent visit when this started just happened to be someone I personally know who actually knows and cares about me; I WAS thankful that I didn't have to cope with the fear of an ectopic and that it happened naturally without need for meds or D&C (until I found out it actually WAS ectopic and I needed meds to save my life); etc. But let yourself be sad and grieve, it's an important part of the healing process.
  • Options
    Thank you
  • Options
    Hi there, I found out when I was 10 weeks pregnant that I had a 'failed pregnancy' (I had bleeding which led me to an ultrasound).  The very next day I had heavier than normal bleeding with clots, and while I was at work I had the actual miscarriage.  I remember being able to actually time the contractions (milder than a full-term birth, but still definitely able to feel them!).  I also remember having to change my pad about 6 times that work day.  I still don't understand why I didn't go home for the day, but whatever... no one knew I was pregnant at work or miscarrying, so I guess I was trying to keep it to myself without causing any drama (?)

<a href="http://www.lightshinesbright.com/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">My faith-filled pregnancy loss blog</a><br>
  • Options
    I've had 2 m/c due to a blighted ovum (that's when the egg gets fertilized, implants, and begins to grow the gestational sac, but either the baby never forms or it stops growing soon after it forms). I have also had 1 chemical pregnancy. All have taken their emotional toll, but physically the chemical pregnancy was a lot more tolerable. 

The chemical pregnancy felt like a really intense version of a period. The cramping was far more severe than a regular cycle but I found it was a tolerable level of cramping. I passed a lot more clots and the flow was very heavy. It also took longer than my typical 5 days. 

The blighted ovums were quite different! Both times it started with spotting. The spotting slowly turned to bright red blood that eventually became very heavy. There was a lot of cramping and at times it became very very painful. Once the sac passed all the pain & cramping pretty much disappeared. I kept on bleeding, that took a while to subside. 

Here re are the tips I have for helping reduce the pain & discomfort (both physical & emotional):

- Use a heating pad to help manage cramping & pain. 
    - Purchase the Always Infinity overnight or heavy flow pads. They do a really good job of soaking it all up and aren't big & bulky. 
    - Take ibueprofen, if you can take 800 mg of it do it. This too will help manage pain & discomfort. 
    - Cry- do it whenever, wherever, & however often you need to. There is no right way to grieve, you need to allow yourself to cope however you need to. 
    - Soak in a warm bath. This helps the cramping but also gives you a place to ugly cry if need be. 
    - Above all else DO NOT BLAME YOURSELF! 

Wishing you you all the best of luck and lots of sticky baby dust!
    Me 36 DH 38
    Married 1/22/10
    BFP #1 3/11 m/c 7w 3d blighted ovum
    BFP #2 5/11 DD born 1/12
    BFP #3 3/16 Chemical Pregnancy
    BFP #4 12/16 m/c 7w blighted ovum
  • Options
    I wanted to share my recent experience with a natural miscarriage, since it went better then I had expected based on all the stories I had read. Maybe this will make some other woman a little less scared during an already scary, sad time...

I was 10 weeks when I started spotting. Three days later I went in for my first ultrasound at 10w6d and they found the embryo measuring only 8.5 weeks with no heartbeat. I knew then that it was over. I did a followup ultrasound (which showed the same results) and blood draws that showed my hcg levels going down. I had an appointment in which the midwife explained what I already knew and asked what method I wanted to do. I am a teacher and had a really busy week ahead (fundraisers, fieldtrip, etc.) so I just wanted to get it over with (and I was terrified of starting to bleed or have contractions while out on our fieldtrip or at work). At the same time, we live over an hour away from the hospital so I was worried about taking medication to induce, since I'd be so far away if something went wrong. I was also concerned about having a medication induced or natural miscarriage that wasn't complete and then having to go in for a D&C anyways. So, I scheduled a D&C.

On the day that I scheduled the D&C I had been crampy all day and had been bleeding lightly for 10 days or so. After my appointment the cramps really picked up and continued to increase in intensity for most of my hour and a half drive home. I've never been in labor, but I guess this was a very mild version of contractions, based on what others have written about their experiences. At their peak I could feel my uterus contracting and my cervix dilating. They were painful, but kind of in a good way. I knew my body was doing what it was supposed to do and was relieved. I didn't take any pain reliever or anything, because I was expecting them to get worse and was waiting until I realky needed it. I just sort of panted through them and tried to relax. Keep in mind that I was still able to drive through all this, as I was fixated on getting home. When I got home I sat on the toilet and let some stringy tissue/clots pass, but nothing bigger than a dime. The cramps faded away and I bled heavily for an hour (filled an overnight pad), then it let up too. 

Over the next few days I continued to bleed, but it was like a regular period. I had a little bit of cramping one day and passed a few more small clots. On the day of my D&C I went to get an ultrasound to check, just in case I had completed the miscarriage naturally already. I didn't think I had, because I had never passed any large pieces of tissue or a recognizable gestational sac/embryo, but I wanted to be sure I still needed the surgery. The doctor looked and said, "looks like you did it yourself, you're all cleaned out in there." I have never been more relieved in my life. Two days later and the bleeding is basically done.
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Options
    Hello, I'm writing my story (MC+D&C) here in hopes that my experience helps you with your own. I wish you the best outcome in whatever your decisions are. Know that you're not alone in this. 

TL;DR tips
    -You know your body better than anybody else, listen to it.
    -Don't let anybody else tell you how you should feel. Let yourself feel whatever you need to feel. Let it out however it needs to be. Cry, feel angry, write about it...
    -Take good care of yourself, and surround yourself with people who love and support you.

My experience *TMI warning*

I got my BFP at 5w1d (according to my LMP) and went for a scan at OB/Gyn's 3 days later to check if I had a successful implantation, which I did. I was told that the GS size was that of 3 weeks, uterus and ovaries were also measured. and couldn't find the corpus luteum. So, I was prescribed progesterone for 3 weeks before my next scan. Didn't think much of it as we can never tell when we actually conceive, however my AF is very timely. Still, I didn't stress much about it.

In those 3 weeks, the few symptoms I had didn't escalate. I had very slight nausea and excess saliva. I was tired all the time, though. I didn't stress about it as lack of symptoms isn't necessarily a sign that something's wrong. The only day my nausea was really bad was the last Saturday before my next appointment.

Next scan was at 8w4d. I had an empty sac, no HB found through Doppler, GS size was dated 7w1d. Diagnosed with blighted ovum. For insurance and second opinion purposes, OB/Gyn recommended to have another scan the next day, review our choices the day after that, and schedule D&C the day after that (Total: 3 days) I started spotting bright red that day (which I had read, is not conclusive of MMC)

Day 1: Got my 3rd scan done, almost same diagnose. Empty sac, no HB, no corpus luteum, only a 6.7mm yolk sac, and though there was no embryo visible, the doctor suggested I wait 10 days and have another scan. The uterus had decreased in size (smaller than my very first scan at 5w1d), and spotting hadn't stopped. 

Day 2: Spotting became bleeding, very similar to AF. Small clots in the morning. Around lunch time mild cramps appeared. Went to OB/Gyn with most recent scan, she said waiting or having D&C the next day was up to me, I told her about my uterus size and bleeding, and how I felt my body was already telling me there was nothing else to be done, so I decided to have the D&C. She made an exploration, and said clots were big in size, so it was better to perform D&C that night, and assured me she was going to be very gentle and careful. 

In my way to the hospital, I still felt bleeding, (at that time I had already used 1 small pad, 1 medium, but none soaking wet, was using another medium sized). While being admitted, I felt lots of bleeding, my cramps became stronger, but nothing I couldn't manage. I started breathing deeply to try to relieve stress and medium pain. I was guided to my room, and I went to the bathroom immediately. The 3rd pad was soaking wet, and had some recognizable tissue and what seemed to be the sac. I felt relieved at that point, since it seemed listening to my body was the right choice: There was nothing left to do. I told the nurses and residents about this. 

Before the D&C I told my OB what had happened with my bleeding and she said it might have been the sac. Went through the D&C (general anesthesia) quickly and painlessly. My husband was told by OB I had already dilated so they didn't have to force anything (which I'm actually thankful for), and that there was little left to get out of my body. I immediately felt thirsty and hungry, and had a very light meal.

Day 3: Was stable and painless all the time, very hungry before they served me breakfast, got discharged.

Looking back, the most difficult part was walking around knowing I had a failed pregnancy inside. When it was out I was very relieved. I will let myself be sad whenever I need to be, but for now I think time will slowly heal me as it has always done when I'm in a difficult situation.
  • Options
    I joined the Bump when I found out we were expecting our first after only a couple months of trying. With PCOD I expected it to take longer. First blood draws weren't great though with HCG only at 40 and Progesterone was at 4.4. Went in for a redraw 48hrs later and HCG had dropped to 35. My doctor advised me that I would miscarry and begin bleeding like a heavy period in the next couple weeks. I started the next day. I'm now into the second day, lots of clots and cramps are pretty bad today. We were pretty upset when we first found out and now we will be waiting until I really miss my period by a full week instead of just 3 days into it to test. Doctor told me we just have to wait one cycle then we can start trying again. 
  • Options
    I am a teacher and yesterday was the first day back with kids. I went to the bathroom around 2:30 and saw blood. Feeling devistated I called my doctor and my husband. She reassured me it could be totally normal and to monitor it for the night. Through the night it got heavier with blood clots and I began cramping. I knew what was ahead. I went to the doctor this morning at would should’ve been 9wk6d and they said the baby measured 7wk4d and there was no longer a heart beat. Heart broken, we have been at home since. I have had horrible back pain and cramps. Tylenol and my heating pad have helped. Overall, we are just so sad! I am so sorry if you are or have experienced the same thing. We can’t always understand God’s plan. 
  • Options
    I miscarried naturally at home at 9 weeks and I wish I knew how excruciating the pain would be and how long the process was.Also,I didn't realize I would see the baby even tho the size was small,I saw the forming facial features and webbed hands.i didnt know I would see that.also I had about 3 hours of contraction like cramps before I passed the placenta,the day after I passed the sac,I was screaming so much that I started spitting up blood. ...Blessings....
  • Options
    I never quite know how to classify my miscarriage because even though the baby stopped growing at 8 and a half weeks, I didn’t miscarry until 12 weeks. So, I think that counts as a missed miscarriage even though my body miscarried naturally.

I had my first OB appointment at 7w5d, and the ultrasound looked great and we heard a strong heartbeat. My next appointment was scheduled for 12w5d, but I never made it to it. I started spotting on a Tuesday, and cramping started the next day. I tried to get in at the OB that day, but they had no openings, so I went into the ER instead. They did two ultrasounds there to confirm the MC. They did not offer a d&c even though I was not yet dilated or any kind of pain relief.

I went home and heavy cramping started and lasted for a few hours. Tylenol helped. The cramping stopped and I went to bed early that night. At about midnight, I woke up with intense cramps that could be classified as contractions. There was about 5 minutes between each one. As the night went on, the pain became more and more intense and the time in between lessened as well. By about 2 or 3 in the morning, I just sat on the toilet waiting them out and hoping I would pass everything soon. The contractions were so bad that I couldn’t talk through them or even pant through them. All I could do was scream through them. It was so intense that my husband had to call someone else in for emotional support because he wasn’t able to handle me being in so much pain and not being able to do anything about it. We discussed taking me back to the ER, but the pain was so bad that I couldn’t imagine having to get in the car, walk in, and have to wait and all that. After about 5 in the morning, the contractions were about 1 minutes apart and lasting anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute. I passed some large clots. Finally, at 10 am, after the contractions had started to slow down slightly, I felt a sudden gush of clear liquid and passed some more clots. The contractions completely stopped after this. Later that day, I suddenly passed a very large clot with no pain or even cramps accompanying it.

If something like this ever happens to me again, I’ll be sure to ask or even beg the doctors for pain medication because Tylenol sure didn’t cut it for me. 

Aside from the physical pain, the emotional pain has certainly been hard to deal with. A month out, most days I feel fine, but some are just spent crying.
  • Options
    I'm currently going through the aftermath of a similar situation, I was wondering if you had time to talk and give advice? I'm just really struggling right now.
  • Options
    Reading these shared experiences has helped me.  I’m almost 11 weeks and started spotting after sex last week. Well, 3 days later at My scheduled Ob appt there was no heartbeat and a fetus measuring 6 wks 1 day even tho back when I was 6 weeks I did have an u/s showing heart activity.  I don’t think they took a HR, and it was a bit small then but nobody mentioned that being an issue and I scheduled my next visit a month out.  So anyways I’ve been walking around for over a month not knowing I had a fetal demise.  I spent money on surprise gifts for my family, maternity clothes, baby clothes.  The u/s was 2 days ago and I’m having cramps and light bleeding now but I haven’t passed it.  I was not offered in fact advised against (when I brought it up myself) medical or surgical treatment for my condition.  I was told the best thing is to pass naturally.  I was not given any pain meds or nausea meds (I asked he said 800 of Motrin if I need it).  I feel like I was not presented or offered my options.  Emotionally it’s hard to move on when physically I’m still pregnant.  I have work, a trip coming up... I’m crying every day... lots of different erratic emotions... why was I not given options?  I should be the one to choose my treatment not a stranger.  He can give his advise and recommendation but what I need right now is options and I’ll choose what suits me. I’m scared for the pain of passing.  He says it will be a heavy period.  I know better.  This whole thing is upsetting and scary.  I’m sorry for everyone’s losses.  Reading your stories makes me feel less alone and gives me some real life examples of what may be happening to me in the next week.
  • Options
    I have 3 natural miscarriage stories. 

My first miscarriage was with my first pregnancy. I was 7-8 weeks gestation. I found out I had miscarried baby on a Wednesday but the bleeding and cramping didn’t start until a Friday. 

On that Friday evening I started feeling like I was getting sick so I went to bed really early. I woke up in the middle of the night with what I could only describe as “labor”. I had labor like cramping/ contractions for 8-10 hours. Saturday morning while sitting on the toilet I felt pressure on my cervix and then with a small push passed the baby.  The cramping stopped almost instantaneously and then I went on to have a few days of light period bleeding. 

We buried our baby in my family garden. I didn’t have any follow up tests and honestly my medical care was subpar. 

My second miscarriage was very early on 5-6 weeks and it was just like a heavy cycle. 

My third and very recent natural miscarriage just happened and is still happening. I was 9 weeks gestation.  I have been spotting for a few weeks but with a confirmed heartbeat until this last Wednesday. My bleeding increased to period like flow and some small clots. On Thursday they checked for baby’s heart but it had stopped beating. 

I chose again the option for natural miscarriage but was scared due to my first experience with a later gestation miscarriage. 

I continued bleeding until Friday morning when labor like cramps started. I cramped for about 30 minutes and then passed the baby.  

I think because I have also had other successful pregnancies and labors it made this time my quicker. 

Since then I have felt back to my normal self with very light bleeding. The newest symptom has been night sweats which I didn’t get with the other 2.

I hope this was helpful and I’m so sorry you have to experience this loss.