August 2016 Moms
Options

Wednesday Check In

2»

Re: Wednesday Check In

• Options
    How far along are you? 4 weeks

How are you feeling? A little bloated and tired, but nothing major yet. My boobs are a little sore also.

Doing anything baby related today? Trying to get my sister to stencil a newborn onesie with a #7 on one side and "I <3  Grandoug" on the other. My dad's name is Doug and this will be his 7th grandchild. I wanted to have it for him to open on Christmas day, but obviously we found out too close to Christmas to order anything monogrammed.

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I'm just ready for Christmas to get here. I have really struggled to get anything done since we found out on Monday. I worry a little about telling our families so early, but there is just no way we can keep it a secret during all the Christmas events and family togetherness this weekend.

Questions? Does anybody know what the benefit is of floating between two BMBs? My EDD is August 31st so I am going to feel so behind on here and so ahead on the September board. I don't know if I can keep up getting to know everyone on both BMBs.

GTKY- Whats something you wish you would've done before you got pregnant? There's really nothing I can think of. We are so ready for #2 to come along.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary       

• Options

@thetamedshrew I would think floating between the two, you might find people with the same due date in both, so you might be behind August, or ahead of Sept, or see people in your situation on both. I would think being behind might be better than ahead, since what you are going through other people have btdt, rather than having no idea what you mean.

PS - Yay! Glad to see you over here from TTGP!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 5 weeks today

How are you feeling? A little more tired than normal and bloated but not too bad so far.

Doing anything baby related today? Only with the 8 month old we have at home.  :) 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Because this is my 4th child I don't get to have my first appointment until 8 weeks, and that is just a phone consultation. I am naturally a worry wart and could totally live with going to the doctor once a week lol.

Questions? I have 3 kids at home...an 11 year old, a 6 year old, and an 8 month old. I have never had two children this close together before and I am a little freaked out. Anyone have good tips or advice?

GTKY- Whats something you wish you would've done before you got pregnant? Finished the two bedrooms in the basement. Hubby can't do it alone so we were doing it together instead of hiring out so that we can save money.
  • Options
    @Hummingbird125 I was also charting and temping and my dates are still off by 2 days. From what I've heard both of us are within the margin of error especially of the measurements so I wouldn't worry.

@AL_TwinCities I think you have every right to say that. I know my mom doesn't always realize how valuable just immediate family time is and I have to remind her that having one or two extra people can make a big difference.

How far along are you? 6w2d according to US today

How are you feeling? Nauseous, exhausted

Doing anything baby related today? OB appt this morning and ultrasound this afternoon.

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: so relieved to see a heartbeat today! And it's almost Christmas!!

Questions? Nope

GTKY- Whats something you wish you would've done before you got pregnant?
    Bought a house.

• Options
    @Hummingbird125
    I'm in a similar situation, though I haven't had an US yet. My LMP due date would be 8/17, but I know through charting that I ovulated late, so I am going with that due date of 8/23. If I were you, I'd go with the later of the two. As a FTM, you will probably go past your EDD anyway and that way you'll have more realistic expectations toward the end and drive yourself less crazy. I went 9 days overdue with my first, so I'm just getting the later date in my head from the beginning this time.

• Options
    How far along are you? Seven weeks!

How are you feeling? Not too bad, actually. I ate lunch today, which is the first time I've been able to do that for about two weeks, due to the nausea/lack of appetite.

Doing anything baby related today? Just trying to coordinate Skyping with out-of-town family on Christmas so we can break the news!

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I'm so glad I could eat lunch. Thank you, Panera!

Questions? Not today!

GTKY- What's something you wish you would've done before you got pregnant? I wish I had gotten into better shape. I was (slightly) overweight for years, lost about 20 pounds in the last two years, but have never been active. So I guess I wish I already had a workout routine.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @NICU RN glad your #s came back good. I've been traveling all day so my OB was going to call me this evening. FX mine come back good as well!
  • Options
    That makes sense, @Allisun85. I think I'm going to stick around here. It's so cool seeing you and others I recognize form TTGP! :smile: 
    Anniversary