April 2016 Moms

BFM - 12/21/2015

Let's hear it! It's the holidays... So I know we have them!

Re: BFM - 12/21/2015

• First of all, I'm just pissed off that I'm even at work today while the rest of the the world of education is off on Christmas break. Sure district, we don't mind working two days longer than everyone else, and also losing a weekend that could have been travel time for people who have no family closer than 17 hours away. We'll just adjust our schedule this year so we don't actually see family at all to fit your stupid schedule, even though every other district was in the holiday spirit. But also, seriously parents? You cannot email me NOW asking why your kid has the grade they do (because clearly you can see it online anyway, so did you even think to look at the actual grades they received...?!) and ask for extra work for them to do over the holidays. My grades are due before that, and even if they weren't, I do not offer extra credit because if a kid is doing all the work they should be they don't need the extra help! And really, your kid is passing with a 77%...so I really don't think you need to be concerned, and nothing I could give you would raise them 3% overnight. Why oh why do so many parents show absolutely no interest or care in their kid's grade until the last day of the grading period, and then expect teachers to wave a magic wand?
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • My BFM just goes out to my bladder...For the love of God can I just get 1 full night's rest without all the interruptions?!?!
  • I wore a new sweater today (with nothing underneath) and I am itchy as hell. I want to rip this fucker off but that wouldn't be appropriate.
  • Mine goes out to my ILs. We celebrated Christmas this weekend with both DHs mom and Dad. Of course BIL and his wife couldn't make the one with Dad. Dad brought his new gf and DHs aunt unannounced, which made things awkward. His dad brought presents for everyone including LO, except for DH. His aunt and the gf did the exact same thing. My gift weren't even a "couples" gift, they were my favorite books and maternity clothes.

We get over to MILs and they are pissed because we are late (thanks Fil). SFIL keeps bugging DH to fix the garage door and caulk the access door going into the garage. Things we didn't know needed to be done and could wait until today. When it comes to opening presents SFIL opens the gft we got him from DD, which were his favorite olives pickles and nuts and a gift card. When he opeNed the gift card (for $20) he was like what $200 for the gun store sweet. I thought maybe I wrote it out wrong but no, he was just screwing with me. I thought the behavior was rude.
  • Goldsgirl9Goldsgirl9 member
    edited December 2015
    My BFM goes out to my mother! Thank you for openly embarrassing me with an incorrect statement to a family member saying I would be happier if I was having a girl instead of a boy. Not only could it be further from the truth but after multiple losses this year I can assure you I am thrilled and simply thankful for each day this baby boy is growing inside of me and DS is thrilled to meet his little brother. PS - still upset over your lame apology but thanks for the attempt.    
  • I was sick for two days last week and missed work. The cold is making its rounds around the house. Now my 2 year old is getting it and her nose is draining like a water faucet this morning. You ever see what a toddler does with a snotty nose? Every chance she gets she tries to lick it. She was also up every other hour last night and there wasn't a thing we could do to soothe her. I think I got 4 hours sleep at best and this is my first day back to work since Wednesday.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• @rebelone My 2 year old and myself both have it  :/ She is pretty happy for the most part, but the snot is gross. She'll take a big snort and rub it alllllllll over herself...which consequently then gets all over me. And I'm just sitting here trying to keep my nose from not tickling and keeping the sinus pressure at bay...le sigh. Tis the season...!
  • Glucose tolerance test: you defeated me. I feel ill. Making a pregnant lady fast then drink sugar water is not nice.
  • @amaniupendo - doing mine right now! I could barely get it all down in the 5 minutes allotted- yuck.
  • Saturday night I got to go into l&d with headache, upper quad pain, and vision changes. Pre e is ruled out for now, but no answers as why the pain. And I am anemic again

Hubby fractured his hand sat night as well. Call to make his follow up. Since he hasn't been seen at the dr. I am waiting for a call back to see when They can get him in.
  • Glucose tolerance test: you defeated me. I feel ill. Making a pregnant lady fast then drink sugar water is not nice.

Ugh. This is why I plan to take the day and work from home. The idea of drinking that stuff makes me sick.
  • I'm joining everyone on the ILs complaint train, chooo-chooo!

Thanks FIL for not letting us know before coming over & hugging teenage BIL hello that he is sick with a cold & coughing everywhere. Thanks, BIL for coughing & not covering your mouth once because you're too busy playing video games. Gross.

And thanks SIL for straight up lying to us about not coming over on Saturday even though your mom was at our house all day waiting to see if you'd come over. You said you spent all day at the mechanic & then went home & 'passed out' from exhaustion, except you checked into the Mile.y C.yrus concert on FB. 
  • @sprocketsngadgets UGH! I totally feel you on the in law front. This is exactly why we are keeping our mouths shut about the name from now on. My ILs were very opinionated and obnoxious over thanksgiving so I told them they ruined it and will now find out when the baby is born.

My ILs are pissing me off too. I already vented about this in another discussion but whatever I'm emotional and sitill annoyed! MIL and SIL decided that they refuse to give us baby items for Christmas bc it's "too soon" and this is the last time we will get non-kid related Christmas gifts. I wouldn't be annoyed by this if she hadn't asked me what we wanted for Christmas and I hadn't specifically said we dont need anything, if they want to get us something for Christmas we'd be very grateful if they'd get us baby stuff. Why ask me if you are going to disregard my answer anyway?!? And we seriously don't need anything else. All I'm concerned about is having what we need for baby. Half our wedding gifts are still at my parents' house bc we don't have space for them in our house. Please for the love of god no more knickknacks!!!

• spatter1 said:
    @sprocketsngadgets UGH! I totally feel you on the in law front. This is exactly why we are keeping our mouths shut about the name from now on. My ILs were very opinionated and obnoxious over thanksgiving so I told them they ruined it and will now find out when the baby is born. My ILs are pissing me off too. I already vented about this in another discussion but whatever I'm emotional and sitill annoyed! MIL and SIL decided that they refuse to give us baby items for Christmas bc it's "too soon" and this is the last time we will get non-kid related Christmas gifts. I wouldn't be annoyed by this if she hadn't asked me what we wanted for Christmas and I hadn't specifically said we dont need anything, if they want to get us something for Christmas we'd be very grateful if they'd get us baby stuff. Why ask me if you are going to disregard my answer anyway?!? And we seriously don't need anything else. All I'm concerned about is having what we need for baby. Half our wedding gifts are still at my parents' house bc we don't have space for them in our house. Please for the love of god no more knickknacks!!!
    How annoying!! 
    What would you like for Christmas? Oh, we don't want to get you that.  :|
    Ugh. This is why I plan to take the day and work from home. The idea of drinking that stuff makes me sick.
    I was actually surprised that mine wasn't so bad. I was anticipating something MUCH worse. That said, I don't know yet if I passed it :)
  • Dear DH, how about we not fight in public about the name of our LO? We've both been in crappy moods ever since and my family and friends all noticed and now they won't stop asking us what's wrong. I want this day to be over with.

• Bad weather is giving me a bad attitude. I hate everyone today, I just want to see my patients and go home.
  • sarahufl said:

Glucose tolerance test: you defeated me. I feel ill. Making a pregnant lady fast then drink sugar water is not nice.

I was actually surprised that mine wasn't so bad. I was anticipating something MUCH worse. That said, I don't know yet if I passed it :)
    sarahufl said:

Glucose tolerance test: you defeated me. I feel ill. Making a pregnant lady fast then drink sugar water is not nice.

I've been told to assume no news is good news. With our a/s we were told 7nless they found some thing outside of normal they would call.

When I got the test with Dd I felt a little queasy but ate right after they drew blood. This time around aNY super sugary stuff sends me running for the bathroom. Not what I want to do I on a work day.

Smart move. I took the day, went home and DH made me an egg and bacon sandwich, then I took a long nap. Glorious.
  • Jhmb2012 said:

@amaniupendo - doing mine right now! I could barely get it all down in the 5 minutes allotted- yuck.

I pounded it. If I had stopped, I don't think I could've started again. My last pregnancy the drinks were like sugar juice, but this time it was sugar dissolved in water, super thick. So weird. I probably could've chewed it haha.
  • I have my glucose test in 3 weeks.  I am not looking forward to it.  DH thinks it can't be all that bad since it's sugary water that looks like Sunkist, I'm totally making him take a sip so he can taste the nastiness.
  • spatter1 said:
    @sprocketsngadgets UGH! I totally feel you on the in law front. This is exactly why we are keeping our mouths shut about the name from now on. My ILs were very opinionated and obnoxious over thanksgiving so I told them they ruined it and will now find out when the baby is born. My ILs are pissing me off too. I already vented about this in another discussion but whatever I'm emotional and sitill annoyed! MIL and SIL decided that they refuse to give us baby items for Christmas bc it's "too soon" and this is the last time we will get non-kid related Christmas gifts. I wouldn't be annoyed by this if she hadn't asked me what we wanted for Christmas and I hadn't specifically said we dont need anything, if they want to get us something for Christmas we'd be very grateful if they'd get us baby stuff. Why ask me if you are going to disregard my answer anyway?!? And we seriously don't need anything else. All I'm concerned about is having what we need for baby. Half our wedding gifts are still at my parents' house bc we don't have space for them in our house. Please for the love of god no more knickknacks!!!
    Exactly THIS! Both my parents and my in-laws asked what I want for Christmas and I told them that I don't want or need for anything BUT that this new LO will need a lot and that it would help us so much financially if we didn't have to get it all ourselves. (DH and I are both introverts and have very few friends so we aren't going to have a baby shower to help provide us with the stuff we need.) Both sets of parents said nothing for LO for Christmas, that they will buy it later so I told them to just give me $$$ or keep the receipts for whatever they do buy me so that I can return it for the $$$ and get the baby stuff that I actually want and need. I know it's rude, but don't ask the hormonal opinionated pregnant lady a question if you don't want the answer. 
  • Mine goes along with some of the others. My mil always asks what we want for gifts but then when I give her an answer, She always acts like what I want is no fun or boring. Last year we needed a new padded mattress cover and she was annoying about it.

This year she's asked me like 3 times what we want and it's been the same answer every time. Money or giftcards to the baby store since we have things we need to buy for baby #2.

And I'm definitely not ungrateful. I appreciate any gift ppl want to buy us. It's just annoying when ppl don't accept what I actually want/need. Why even ask me? Haha
  • Can I add another? DH has been working pretty much the whole time we've been at his parents which means I've been sitting on the couch trying to keep DD from crying for three days since it seems she doesn't like it here either. I'm not expecting to be entertained 24/7 but at least when we visit my family my parents try and have some kind of activity planned (baking cookies, going to local free holiday events) just so we're not sitting around staring at each other all day. Four more days of this nightmare.

Silver lining is I'll probably crochet an entire mermaid cocoon for DD2 that I've been working on while DD1 naps here. The rest of Dh's family naps too which means usually I have HGTV on with the volume down while DH works and everyone else sleeps.

I'm adding one more. This house full of adults naps more than my 15 month old. Neither of his parents work and his sister took the week off. They've always been like this and I just don't get it. Do you seriously have nothing better to do?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Having everyone over for Christmas Eve (about a dozen people). I tried to get all of the shopping done today. I foolishly thought that shopping in the morning on a weekday would help avoid the huge crowds. I forgot party cups. I might cry. 
      BabyFruit Ticker      image 
  • edited December 2015
    One more.

Our tenants continue to rage on Fb about us and that we should just let them out of their lease. They wont talk to is, they just bitch on fb. We saw the house last week they still have WAY too much stuff in there and since she doesn't want to do anything but sit on FB and not help get out of the house, why should I negotiate a new rent rate just because you aren't living there. Get your stuff out and we can talk. Otherwise we will just expect you to be moved out by March 1.
  • @akb1125 exactly! I very much appreciate that they want to get us something. But why ask if you are going to completely disregard my answer?! I'm so annoyed about this and DH just doesn't get it. This is the first grandchild for both sets of parents and I'm scared this is just a glimpse into the future of how my MIL will be...

• DS has erythema multiforme...I'm so glad I'm off work because he is just pitiful. I just want him to stop itching and new spots to quit forming.
  • DH has not started Christmas shopping. Which just means he'll get me some crappy gift. He does this every year. We've had conversations about this. But whatever, him and I have different approaches to gift giving. I didn't marry him for his gift giving abilities or lack there of. But he complains about not having time to shop and he has to get our trailer ready for camping Christmas night. I told him this last week. But he spent yesterday working on a buddy's dirt bike. Then my brother is texting today asking for help for his girlfriend's Christmas present. he hasn't shopped either. I told him that him and DH suck. Don't wait then bitch about it or ask for help. 
  • Apparently we're eating dinner at 4pm today. Oh wait, no one asked if the toppings they were getting on pizza were ok and both are smothered in onions and sausage. Both of which I dislike on pizza under normal circumstances, but pregnant make me gag. if it was actually good pizza (to me it's little better than a frozen pie) I would
    Go through picking all the offending item off but it's not worth it to have bad pizza that still tastes like onions. So now there is nothing for me to eat since they don't keep food in the house like normal people.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @imrachellea  I feel your pain SO MUCH! If one more kid/parent asks about extra credit, I will lose my ever loving mind. No, I don't do extra credit. Your grade reflects the work you do EVERY DAY, not some arbitrary assignment that I came up with because you've been slacking for the past nine weeks. Ugh!!

Also, so sorry you guys are still working :-( That really sucks. I used to only get a week and a half off or so and it was the worst.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Early confession -- I really didn't think the glucose test was bad last time around. Granted I wouldn't normally drink something so sugary, but it really wasn't a big deal. 
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • MOMMY IS NOT A JUNGLE GYM. That is all. :s
  • @sprocketsngadgets My mom was the same way when we mentioned the name we chose. She said we needed to ask my MIL for input too because "It's fun and naming the baby should be a group thing." I told her "No, she wasn't conceived as a group, she isn't getting named as a group." Sorry DH and I have the only say. So I feel your pain!
  • @sprocketsngadgets My mom was the same way when we mentioned the name we chose. She said we needed to ask my MIL for input too because "It's fun and naming the baby should be a group thing." I told her "No, she wasn't conceived as a group, she isn't getting named as a group." Sorry DH and I have the only say. So I feel your pain!

At least DH overheard and later that night agreed with me that it's not her decision and we're not rethinking her name. That doesn't happen very often.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • spatter1 said:

@akb1125 exactly! I very much appreciate that they want to get us something. But why ask if you are going to completely disregard my answer?! I'm so annoyed about this and DH just doesn't get it. This is the first grandchild for both sets of parents and I'm scared this is just a glimpse into the future of how my MIL will be...

Eek - Goodluck! Another pet peeve is that My mil brings a gift for my son EVERY time she's visits. We've asked her to stop bc we don't want him to grow to expect it but she doesn't listen. She's the only one that does it. It's not even gifts she puts timr and thought into. She'll stop at cvs on her way to our house and give it to him in the cvs plastic bag. I've suggested clothes or $$ we could put into his 529 plan but the idea doesn't seem to stick.

She also never gives gift receipts. Which is a pet peeve of mine for anybody giving a gift.