3rd Trimester

Pregnant women are mean.

I just read the thread were someone was mad at their spouse for making fish. I think what she wanted was to hear other stories of when our hormones just pushed us over the edge and we threw a fit. Maybe not a fit but got a bit upset. Like the time I was craving donuts really bad my spouse went to get them . Instead of going straight to the donut shop which is down the st he went run one of his errands first . When he got to the donut shop they had closed . He came home without donuts and I was upset . A little too visibly upset that he thought it was funny that I was mad that I didn't get donuts . But hello ! I had been craving them and that was the main reason he went out !!!!!!! Anyway we've all overreacted to small things our husbands do and I think she just wanted to know she wasn't the only one .

The End.

Re: Pregnant women are mean.

• My cleaning lady moved my belly lotion and I couldn't find it before bed. Then I went totally psycho stomping around my room and throwing things because she had the audacity to move my stuff around. I even slammed cupboards.
    My husband was terrified of me by the time I crawled in bed

so...me too!
  • I'm pretty sure I've had more than that donut story but let's just keep it like that lol. I get frustrated really easy right now I'm 31 weeks . I can only imagine how I'm going to get these next weeks coming up .
  • Loading the player...
  • sanayeli said:

I just read the thread were someone was mad at their spouse for making fish. I think what she wanted was to hear other stories of when our hormones just pushed us over the edge and we threw a fit. Maybe not a fit but got a bit upset. Like the time I was craving donuts really bad my spouse went to get them . Instead of going straight to the donut shop which is down the st he went run one of his errands first . When he got to the donut shop they had closed . He came home without donuts and I was upset . A little too visibly upset that he thought it was funny that I was mad that I didn't get donuts . But hello ! I had been craving them and that was the main reason he went out !!!!!!! Anyway we've all overreacted to small things our husbands do and I think she just wanted to know she wasn't the only one .

The End.

I'm a little confused.... Are you saying that the "pregnant women" who replied to her post were mean, or was the OP mean for making a fuss over smelly fish?
  • I meant it as we can be mean . I wasn't calling anyone in specific mean . Meaning we can all be a little mean when something doesn't go our way while pregnant .
  • Well that's good for you . If I had said or the other lady had said she threw herself on the ground and screamed then I would understand why yall would keep bringing up "throwing a tantrum like a child". Most of the pregnant woman I've known get so sick and tired in their third trimester were they can be a little mean . Also it was suppose to be like a kindly joke . Didn't like it oh I'm sorry ! :)
  • I DO think we TEND to have atypical emotional reactions a lot of the time. Not all of us become mean. I didn't.

In fact, I spent a good deal of my pregnancy mitigating my husband's stress and emotional reactiveness. He is naturally reactive whereas I am naturally a bit more stoic. And this balance didn't change a whole lot.

But then again, I DID burst into tears around the middle of 2T because i had a sudden craving for Taco Bell but didn't get into the right turn lane in time. And the thought of going straight, turning around and making a tidy left where I could have turned right totally overwhelmed me.
  • ammnam14 said:

My husband never gives in to my cravings because 99% of the time they're unhealthy or it'll make me sick. Does that mean I throw a tantrum like a child every time he says no? No. Pregnant women are not mean. Don't give us that stereotype.

Lol at "every time he says no"
    My husband doesn't give into my cravings? Is he pregnant?

Cravings are not necessarily a negative thing. What you may think of as unhealthy is actually your body telling you that you need something.
  • Seriously guys this is what I'm talking about . You get offended by something so small . Being mean omg now how will the world look at us !!!!
  • This thread has been closed to new posts. Creating threads in direct response to this thread and any previously closed threads will be grounds for warning and/or removal from The Bump Community.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit the The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"