Infertility

December FET Buddies

Re: December FET Buddies

• We didn't tell my in laws for that reason amongst other things so they won't know until after the 1st trimester is over... and now I'm contemplating just using that time-frame as the default for everyone. 

*** Pregnancy & Miscarriage Mentioned***
    ME: 34/DH: 33
    TTC (On & Off) Since 2008
    Diagnosed DOR August 2013 
    2009-2013 6 Clomid Rounds which resulted in 3 Cysts/Had to take some time off from TTC
    10/2014 ~ BFP (Natural Pregnancy) after 3 months Acupuncture/Miscarriage at 10 wks
    7/2015 ~ Med Protocol#1: Failed Cycle/Only 1 Egg/Unable to convert to IUI because thin uterus lining
    08/2015 ~ Med Protocol #2: Started stims 09/13
    ER 10/9 with 6 Eggs Retrieved/3 SNOWFLAKES!!

10/22/15 ~ AF Showed up, waiting for Fibroid removal.
    10/28/15 ~ Saline Ultrasound - Fibroids were gone. FET scheduled for December 3rd!
    12/08/15 ~ FET of one hatching Embaby

12/21/15 ~ 13dp5dfet Beta 755! I'M PREGNANT!!!/ 
    12/23/15 ~15dp5dfet Beta 1539!

01/05/16 ~ 1st Ultrasound - 2 little beans and 2 Heartbeats (120 & 125 bpm)

My Fur Baby: Diva Celeste McClendon

• AlyeenaAlyeena member
    edited December 2015
    I understand. It is more comfortable that way for me too, no one but my two sisters even know we are trying again, I told my brother and mother that we could try again, but they were concerned about the miscarriage (I had complications and it took a longtime to fully resolve) so if they guess or no, I do not know, but they have no asked.

I don't know if people will ask around Christmas, I am scared they may. And it will be too sensitive because our FET is on the 15th and our nurse said we can test on the 25th. So I don't want to tell people like that you know? I will be at my sister's house on the 25th thankfully, but I am so scarred other people will ask. I don't like to lie, I never lie, I have not told a single lie to anyone I care about in years. 

On the good side, it would be nice to surprise people with an announcement, I used to watch YouTube videos of announcements and it would be nice to do someothing like that. 
    35 years old, TTC #1 Dec 28, 2011
    PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
    First IVF cycle June 5th 2015 --- BFP
    Miscarriage at 8 weeks
    FET December 15th 2015--- BFP!
    First saw  at 6w4d
    It's a boy!

Luciano Alessandro Maximiliano was born on September 3rd 2016

• Loading the player...
  • Well I hope you get exactly the outcome you're expecting for Christmas!

2009-2013 6 Clomid Rounds which resulted in 3 Cysts/Had to take some time off from TTC
    10/2014 ~ BFP (Natural Pregnancy) after 3 months Acupuncture/Miscarriage at 10 wks
    7/2015 ~ Med Protocol#1: Failed Cycle/Only 1 Egg/Unable to convert to IUI because thin uterus lining

10/28/15 ~ Saline Ultrasound - Fibroids were gone. FET scheduled for December 3rd!

• HBamama2BHBamama2B member
    edited December 2015
    @ShayLatrice I completely understand. I could feel people getting frustrated with me as if my negative (I say realistic) outlook could change the outcome. At one point a friend said, "you are pregnant and if you keep being so certain you're not it won't come true." I pretty much lost it and said "I'm not pinochio or the boy with the velveteen rabbit. This is science and in two weeks my odds of a positive are just over 45% given my age and Dx. My odds of a live birth are much lower than that. So don't tell me I'm pregnant because you're not a fairy granting wishes and right now no one has a clue."

I loved saying I'm PUPO the day of transfer, Bc it was the closest I'd ever been to being a parent, but that is not the same thing as 'I'm pregnant'--no one knows that yet! My mom kept trying to say it everyday she called like it was the most exciting thing and got mad when I asked her to stop. I finally told her she was reminding me that it was schrodengers pregnancy just so she'd stop. I was 100% certain it hadn't worked and just wanted to be left alone, not badgered into fake positivity. You feel how you feel and we have to protect ourselves in whatever way is best for each of us. I ended up not talking to my friend or my mom during the last week of the 2ww Bc I felt bullied into saying bs i didn't feel or believe. Whatever they say, it isn't supportive if its not accepting of your feelings.

@Alyeena I'm so sorry for your loss and praying for a great outcome for you. I have issues with lying too, but would probably tell everyone that I decided to wait till after Christmas to test so they'd leave me alone.

GL to all of you in the 2ww between now and the holidays. FX for you!!
  • @Shaylatrice @Colleen0516 How are you ladies feeling today?

@amos1417 @alyeena @joyzie77 Only a few more days! How are you all feeling?

Yesterday was rough for me while at work. The few people that know what I'm going through kept asking me how I was feeling, did I have any symptoms and one even kept telling me to sit down and put my legs in the air (wtf!). I had to close my door and lock it. It actually made me feel very negative and angry.  I had to tell one of them that no matter how much she asked, I would not tell her the results before DH (or my own mom!). I keep trying to remind myself that they are just excited for me and trying to connect, but it's very difficult! Anyway, then I got in the car and heard my favorite Christmas song and was suddenly so hopeful again, this  mood has persisted through this morning, DH even caught me talking to embaby, encouraging him to stick and grow lol.  These mood swings are gonna be the death of me lol  
    *TW* Pregnancy/Loss Mentioned
    Me: 37 /PCOS DH: 37/no issues TTC: 7/13
    Started with RE 12/14; 3 failed rounds of clomid, started letrozole
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN
    IVF #1 - 9/15 Cancelled Day 9
    IVF #2- started stims 10/24  ER- 11/15 6 eggs- 5 fertilized/ 1 frozen
    FET #1 -1 embryo-12/9/15- BFN
    IVF #3- started stims 1/22/16  ER- 2/8 33 eggs(!)- 21 mature, all 21 fertilized - 6 snowflakes!
    FET #2- 2 embryos- April 4th-BFN
    ERA-June 8- results show need 12 addt'l hours of PIO
    FET #3-  2 embryos transferred August 14,2016  BFP! on 8/24! Beta #1-22  Beta #2-83 Beta #3-368 
    Confirmed singleton-Heartbeat on 9/19-160bpm! EDD: May 1, 2017, It's a girl!!
    Pre-term labor/loss-stillborn at 18w. 
    FET #4- 1 embryo-Aug 12th-BFP on 8/23 Beta #1-112 Beta #2-298 Beta #3-1010
    Confirmed Identicals!- Heartbeats seen on 9/8  Miscarriage on 9/18
    FET #5- 1 embryo- 1/12/18-BFN
    Lots of testing and finally determined I have elevated natural killer cells. Will begin prednisone and IVL treatment before next round.
    IVF#4- April 2018 8 eggs, 7 fertilized/3 frozen
    FET #6- 1 embryo- 6/11/18- BFP on 6/21 Beta #1-446, Beta #2-1841 
    Confirmed singleton- 6/29/18 HB-157 EDD: February 22, 2019. It's a Boy!

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • I'm feeling great and super excited! Just a few more days!!

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend and feeling better. Such an exciting time for us!

Oh, one thing I have been trying to convince my DH is that I actually like taking HPTs before beta so that I am mentally prepared for the negative call. Anyone else feel that way? I am really thinking about testing the following Tuesday after my Tuesday transfer. Especially since I'll have my beta on Christmas eve. It would be even more miserable if I didn't know it was coming.
  • @halips I feel good! Exhausted, but good!!
    How are you feeling??

I want to test early, because I want to know... But, it never works out for me when I test early, so I don't want to test. I'm very torn this time. I normally can't control myself and need to by HPTs... But this time I'm scared to buy them.
    To test or not to test? That is the question lol.
    I'm still only 4dp transfer- and they were day 6 embryos... So it's too early, but I'm trying to figure out if I will test this week or not.

Do you ladies plan on testing?

I'm also using a different type of progesterone inserts this round, and man are they GROSS! The crinone was gross but bareable. This brand is yucky! But hopefully this brand is better than the crinone!
    Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• Congrats to all that had their transfers! I've been lurking on the December FETs since I know some of you from the oct/nov thread. @Colleen0516 I've been thinking about you. FX for that your embabies stick. Try not to test until you're at least 8-9dpt.

@ShayLatrice and @halips it's so hard when people feel like they can comment about your journey, but they have no idea what it's like. I sometimes want to tell people to just shut up. I usually just stay quiet, but I wish I could be more direct.

I'm hoping to have my FET in January, but right now it's still up in the air. My HCG levels are being wonky and have not gone down to zero yet--they have actually increased a bit. RE said its a possible ectopic. I have an US and beta tomorrow morning. I hate being in limbo, but all I can do is wait.

FX for all the and soon-to-be PUPOs!
  • I'm doing better today. Fought this cold off in a record 3 days. Between acupuncture and staying completely covered up so I could sweat...it must've worked. Hubby was sick for 7 days and I refused to do that. I need all my energy focused on supplying my uterus so this embie can stick.

I don't plan to test at all, I'm going to just wait for my Beta because I don't want to have to deal with bad news twice if in fact I'm not pregnant and if I am...my reaction will be authentic when telling DH. I'm just keeping very mentally preoccupied right now. It hasn't been that difficult as I expected it would be. We will see how I feel about that as this next week closes out. Lol

• @amos1417 I'm glad you're feeling great! Only 2 more days!!

@Rachd110 I'm so sorry for what you're going through. I can't even imagine how strong you and DH are having to be. Hugs to you and Fx for a Jan FET!

@Colleen0516 glad you're feeling good! I'm feeling good too, an 2nd that exhausted feeling!

@ShayLatrice I'm so glad you're feeling better and that the 2ww isn't making you crazy yet!

I spent today making my family's secret kolache recipe. Everyone LOVES them, however, they take me 4-5 hours to make and that long on my feet right now isn't awesome. But I now have 336 cookies to distribute to my loved ones and spent very little time thinking about what's going on in my uterus!  I hope this next week is great for everyone and FLIES BY!

IUI #1 & #2- BFN
    IVF #3- started stims 1/22/16  ER- 2/8 33 eggs(!)- 21 mature, all 21 fertilized - 6 snowflakes!
    FET #3-  2 embryos transferred August 14,2016  BFP! on 8/24! Beta #1-22  Beta #2-83 Beta #3-368 
    Lots of testing and finally determined I have elevated natural killer cells. Will begin prednisone and IVL treatment before next round.

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • AlyeenaAlyeena member
    edited December 2015
    I feel like crap, in fact since this journey began I think I have never felt worse. I have never been so scared, I don't know how to calm myself and I don't know what to do.

I posted this in the December IVF thread, for those who don't read it, It is all just too overwhelming, it comes at the worst time too.

Alyeena said:
    Life is so unfair, My brother just called me to say that his wife is 12 weeks pregnant with their second child.

We started trying even before they try for the first one, and he will be two in three months.

First one took 3 cycles. Second one was the first cycle THE FIRST CYCLE, and it was their honeymoon too OF COURSE.

WHY

WHY NOW, I don't need this now, I don't need this. I am terrified that my FET won't work, I cannot handle another failure or miscarriage, especially not if she is pregnant. Now they are going to announce to all the family at Christmas and I will have to stand there and smile while it is all people talk about, everyone will ask about us, and I will literally have peed on a stick that very morning with either news that the FET failed or that I am pregnant but scared to death I may lose that one too.

I don't want to go, I can't handle this. I just want to curl up in a ball and cry. I feel so envious, jalous, like she took what should of been mine. I know it's unreasonable, but it feels like she took my baby.
    PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
    Miscarriage at 8 weeks
    First saw  at 6w4d
    It's a boy!

• @amos1417 Tomorrw's the day! woohoo!

@Alyeena I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this right now. I think we've all been there and can't blame you for feeling this way. Try to stay positive for your transfer and know that you'll be in my thoughts.

@Joyzie77 you're day is almost here! How are you feeling?

So I'm feeling ok, trying not to focus too  much on every little twinge or "symptom" I have. This morning on my way to work, I was was rear ended by another car (3 cars really). Fortunately, I was the last car to get hit, so it was very little impact, no damage and I feel ok. I can't help by feel really anxious that this may have hurt embaby or ruined my chances. I know that's fairly unlikely and unreasonable, but I'm so paranoid. :( I sat in my car waiting for the Sheriff to arrive doing nothing but talking to my uterus and praying that everything was still ok and working like it should. I sound crazy right? :-/

IUI #1 & #2- BFN

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • ShayLatriceShayLatrice member
    edited December 2015
    Nope you don't sound crazy. I got into a similar wreck the day before my ER and I was so paranoid that the the accident some how caused my follies to burst. Make an acupuncture appointment ASAP to help ease you of that tension, I was actually on my way to acupuncture when it happened and she helped me relax. 

@amos1417 TOMORROW TOMORROW, I LOVE YA TOMORROW, YOU'RE ONLY A DAAAAAAAAAY AAAAAAAAWAAAAAAAAY!!

@Joyzie77 almost there! Hang in there!

@Alyeena I'm so sorry you are having a hard time right now, especially with the recent family pregnancy announcement. I know how you feel. I've been through 3 of them with my brother and sister in law and every time the pressure was on in everyone's mind for us to have a baby. You have to set boundaries with your family to understand the baby conversation is OFF limits. Sometimes you have to be firm with people and not really care if you  hurt their feelings or offend them. 

• I cant even believe it... ONE MORE SLEEP!!! Ahhhhh! I wish I could just sleep today away!! LOL. I actually have a bunch of things I want to do to prep for tomorrow and the coming days. Plan meals, do laundry, wash all my warm and fuzzy socks to keep my uterus nice and warm! LOL! I am excited beyond belief to join the PUPO ladies!! Less than 24 hours!!

My friend calls it transfer eve! LOL

@alyeena I so sorry that you have to deal with this. It sucks. I have a baby shower on 1/9 for my cousin. It's super sensitive for me because we announced the same day to her family and mine. She was 12 weeks at the time and I started to miscarry. It's difficult for me to be around her. I'm crazy jealous but super excited all at the same time. I don't think I will go if I am not pregnant. She will understand.

@ShayLatrice and @halips - Thanks so much for the encouragement! You guys rock!

I am so sorry about the wreck! I definitely would do something too to ease the stress. I will pray for you! You are not crazy by the way!

• @halips .. It's not crazy at all. i would probably be the same way. @amos1417 .. You are almost there! I'm feeling good. Just sore from PIO.
  • @amos1417 Thinking of you today!! Fx!

@Joyzie77 and @Alyeena tomorrow's the date right?! Have they scheduled times yet?
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • Thank you!! Sooo excited!! We are PUPO!!! Omg!!! All 3 embryos were transferred!!
  • WOW... PUPO with 3 Embies!!! How are you feeling?

• @amos1417 Yay, congrats, PUPO!!
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • @amos1417 Yay!! 3 embryos?!? Oh my goodness! PUPO positive thoughts
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze

• Thanks!! Well, all 3 are good to fair quality and our RE was confident that 2 would make the thaw. I guess we have some fighters! Lol. I feel great! Resting and watching Christmas movies. :-)
  • 2WW Check in: What day are you on in your 2WW and how are you all holding up. I'm 1 week in and I'm so tired I can't even think straight. 

FET Check in: How are you all holding up waiting for FET Day? How many days left? 

• AlyeenaAlyeena member
    edited December 2015
    @halips Yes today was the day, I went in for 10:30 FET. Everything went well, so hoping it works this time. It is hard to be positive, but I try to al least be neutral and not fill my head with negative toughts.

@amos1417 Wow congrats! 3 Embryos o.o!!

I know what you mean by being jealous and exited and the same time. I am sorry you have to go through that. Now that I have calmed down a little I am actually exited to have another nephew, that will be their second boy. They know because of blood tests they did, the joy of being a doctor and have access to these things easily.

Maybe if this embryo sticks, I can have the first girl in the family :) Not that I mind either way!!!
    PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
    Miscarriage at 8 weeks
    First saw  at 6w4d
    It's a boy!

• @Alyeena Yay!! Wish you lots of luck!! I am so happy that you're feeling better about everything. It will happen for us! When is your beta or will you home test first?

@ShayLatrice how are you staying strong?! I want to test already! Lol
  • @Alyeena Yay, you're PUPO! Fx for your  BFP! I know it's hard to be positive with all we go through, but you're on the right track with at least quelling the negative thoughts and staying neutral.

@ShayLatrice today is day 6 for me! I'm tired too, and constipated (oh joy!). I've been having some cramping, but I can't tell if it's from something going on in my uterus or the lack of pooping (sorry if tmi for some!) How's your DH doing?
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • Lurk alert: Cramping days 6-9 were a very good thing on our board. :) Gah! I've got my FX for all of you. Really hoping and praying you all receive joy soon. Hugs.
  • @Amos1417 I will test on the 26th, that will be 10dp5dt. And since my clinic will be closed over holiday our nurse gave us a requisition form to take to a clinic for the beta, we will do that when we come back from holidays with my family so either the 30th or 31st.
    PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
    Miscarriage at 8 weeks
    First saw  at 6w4d
    It's a boy!

• Two more days for me @halips. :)
  • @Alyeena yay on being PUPO. Welcome to the 2WW.

I'm cramping today as well and I just had some brown spotting when I went to the bathroom. With all going on I'm gonna hold out on testing still. I just cant take hearing the same news twice good or bad.

DH is doing good...the testing has kicked up a bit so he is starting to get irritable. 3 more days and we can go home. I really want to be able to give him BFP news next week since this week is going to be so rough on him.

• You guys are strong. Last time I tested early. I think this time I will try not to. @ShayLatrice .. The spotting can be a good sign, right?
  • @Colleen0516 Did you POAS yet?!

@Joyzie77 so exciting! Are you nervous or anything?

I plan to test early, but want to wait until day 9 (today is 7). Only 5 more days till beta, I've been pretty confident so far but the closer I get the more nervous I am!
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • ShayLatriceShayLatrice member
    edited December 2015
    @Joyzie77 it could be implantation spotting...but who really knows. I guess I'll find out Monday. I'm just really trying not to pay attention to anything my body is doing right now. Been tricked way to many times before. 8 days in 5 more days til BETA.

@HBamama2B you are always welcome here.

• I did test, it was negative- which I knew it would be. I just had to bc of stupid superstition lol

I'm not testing again until Saturday or Sunday. Beta is Monday.
    There is something about this transfer that feels right! I feel like it worked! :smile:
    Last round I knew it didn't work, my intiution told me to prepare for bad news. But not this time, I feel like it worked- it feels right! Hopefully it IS right! Hopefully I'm not setting myself up for disaster and devastation. We shall see....

When is everyone's beta?!?
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• @Colleen0516 I'm on Monday too. I think @ShayLatrice is as well!
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • I pray that this is it for you @Colleen0516! For all of us! It would be so amazing!! My beta is Christmas Eve.
  • @halips You did good waiting this long. I don't think I can wait. I didn't last time. Excited for those of you with beta's soon. @Colleen0516 I hope you are too! I'm super excited to hear good news! Fingers crossed for all of you. I got the call today and I will be going in at 1:15 tomorrow. @halips. I'm excited and nervous all in one. I know that last time I got my hopes up and I'm trying to be realistic. I can only be positive. This process isn't easy for sure. The PIO really is kicking my butt. I can't seem to do anything that doesn't make me really sore. Keep me posted ladies. I would love to see some BFP's! 
  • @Joyzie77 thinking of you today! Lots of sticky dust!!

• @Joyzie77 thinking of you today! Fx!!
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • Thank you @ShayLatrice and @halips . How are you guys doing?