August 2015 Moms
Options

One breast not producing

Hi! My left breast is barely producing anything. My right breast has always been the stronger of the two, but it's getting bad. I pumped at 3:45 today and just tried to feed my baby on the left breast at 7:15 and nothing. Shouldn't it have produced more by now? I need them both to satisfy her ounce need. It's breaking my heart. I don t want to be done breast feeding.

Re: One breast not producing

• Options
    Just keep pumping away - the more often your body gets those cues the more you'll make. Try pumping and then nursing to get out some more (baby is waaay better than a pump). Try replacing the little white membranes on your nipple shields (the white thing attached to the yellow thing) you will be amazed at how much more effective a pumping session is with new ones. Also realize that LO is going to start solids soon and you won't have to make up her entire food source with milk.

I to make sure that I pump at the same time every day while I'm at work - I really think that helps. I also don't stop pumping until I hit my goal for each side (one side that's 4oz and the other 2 oz at 8am and then one 2oz and the other 1oz at 11). Just let her keep nursing. She is getting something - even if you don't have a full letdown.
  • Options
    jlm684jlm684 member
    edited December 2015
    I agree with pp. I started my period and my supply drops during that time dramatically. So much that I had to break into my freezer stash and it frustrated me and stressed me out thinking I was drying up. But I just kept at it and tried to relax and after about a week it has picked back up. But I also started to pump every 3-4 hours religiously. Have you tried lactation cookies?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Fenugreek sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds grinder down is good I eat 2 tablespoons in some yoghurt daily and that allows me to pump 5-8oz of each breast and feed all day long and I agree with pp.