June 2016 Moms

Weekly Randoms 12/7

Re: Weekly Randoms 12/7

• 90% of the time I find my cats sleeping on my bed and every time I see them, I get super jealous.
    DS 9/2/13 was a BFP from an IUI!
    Triplets due 6/29/16 also from an IUI!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry about all the husband-fighting, everyone. Pregnancy and holidays are a stressful combo. 

On an unrelated note, I know I was trashing Elf on the Shelf in a recent UO thread, but I do have one friend who gets really weird and dark with it and I'm enjoying her posts, although I wonder what her toddler thinks of it, lol. The other day the elf was surrounded by pills and mini alcohol bottles. Today he's got a shotgun. This can't end well.
    I hope the elf does the world a favor! That is funny!

• mdargie said:
    *question* Anybody else occasionally feel like your ute is like super tight? I know there's rlp and cramping but this is neither of those. If I had to compare it to anything I would say it's like BH, but it's way too early to be feeling that. Its not painful at all just weird. Also am pretty sure I felt baby mooooove today! It was not like gas and happened several times in a row, very distinct. Maybe I'm crazy but I could swear.
    You body actually starts having BH around 6 weeks. Most women won't feel them unitl about halfway through if at all. So it is possible that's what you are feeling. Just make sure you are staying hydrated and hopefully you won't feel them anymore.

babysizercom pregnancy ticker

• NicknShan said:
    My kid won't share his Cheetos and I cried.
    I have gotten way more possessive of my food with DS.
    DS 9/2/13 was a BFP from an IUI!
    Triplets due 6/29/16 also from an IUI!

• @Emztron500 I had a friend who did something similar and it cracked me up! This morning she spelled out "ur mom is hot" in cheerios and I giggled like a toddler. If I ever, ever did elf on the shelf I would most definitely go this route.
  • MrsB8214 said:

So my new response for any and everything is "I'm growing a human" even if it's irrelevant although I'm pretty sure I can always make it relevant. We made steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, and steamed veggies for dinner. I ate it all then an our later went and toasted hot fudge sundae pop tarts and a got a glass of milk....I mean I'm growing a human so it's okay right?! DH took me to lunch before our appointment today and wanted me to pick my response was "I'm growing a human and don't want to pick so I'm allowed to make you pick" it worked lol

Ditto! I say that alllllll the time, especially if DH makes a comment (which are made in jest). "I'm sorry. I'm building a human. I get to do....."
  • NicknShan said:

My kid won't share his Cheetos and I cried.

Thanks. Now I want Cheetos, damgbit.
  • After a long discussion with my midwife about fetal DNA vs nuchal screen, I decided on the Harmony test. Then I spent almost an hour in two phone conversations with my insurance company about whether they'd cover it. Then I managed to find some time in my day to go to the lab that allegedly does the Harmony test. Where I sat FOR ALMOST AN HOUR while the women at the front counter scratched their heads over the paperwork. At one point (after I'd been there for 30 minutes I kid you not) one of them actually asked me if I WERE PREGNANT. (The test kit says PRENATAL right on the front.) Finally they told me I was missing a doctor's signature on some form but told me they could draw my blood and then wait while I drove across town to get signed and then all the way back. So I collected the paperwork and the kit, got in the car, and called my midwife, who apologized a million times and told me that was the local lab the Harmony people said they use -- despite the fact that neither employee there had apparently ever heard of anything related to the test. 

Did I mention I'd planned to get this "quick blood draw" BEFORE I picked up lunch? I finished the phone call with my midwife in the parking lot of a Pita Pit. And then gave up and made an appointment for a nuchal screening at the sonogram place where at least I know they actually know what they're doing. 

TL;DR  Lunch first, labs later.

CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @MynaBird wow! I can't believe you went though all of that!! What a pain in the ass.

babysizercom pregnancy ticker

• @MynaBird, that stinks. I'd offer you a drink, but...

I ate Chex Mix for dinner. It was delicious. Now I may go eat Hershey's Kisses for dessert.

I'm growing a human.
    BFP 5/2/11 DS born 1/19/12. 
    BFP #2 12/29/12, EDD 9/6/13, MC 1/2/13.
    BFP #3 5/4/13, EDD 1/9/14  Twin Boys! L&L born 12/18/13
    BFP #4 10/10/15 - Surprise!  Boy #4!.  EDD 6/19/16

• @MynaBird - That sucks and sounds exhausting.  Pita Pit, on the other hand, sounds delicious.  

@VikingGirl12 - I would have given your co-worker the stink eye.  Who does that!?!

I ate gluten free mac n cheese for dinner with extra cheese on top and hot sauce.  Then I ate caramel popcorn.  I'm currently contemplating eating lemon pudding too before bed.  The whole "need to eat better" this week mantra I had from last week is already going down hill.  

Gym rant...my gym's women's locker room is shut down this week completely so no place to change.  Next week the whole gym is closed.  The following week, the men's locker room is closed.  WTF - Why not just close for one week and do all the remodeling then?  Instead you are going to make me miss the gym for two more weeks and if my workout partner were male, you would make me miss three weeks essentially.  Of course, I can't complain too much since, you know, I have no inspiration of late to go to the gym.  I promised a co-worker I'd do yoga tomorrow so I'll change at work I guess and hopefully not sweat too much during yoga.  
  • @mkemommy, Go Pack Go. My dad lives near Appleton.
    BFP 5/2/11 DS born 1/19/12. 
    BFP #2 12/29/12, EDD 9/6/13, MC 1/2/13.
    BFP #3 5/4/13, EDD 1/9/14  Twin Boys! L&L born 12/18/13
    BFP #4 10/10/15 - Surprise!  Boy #4!.  EDD 6/19/16

• @mkemommy, Go Pack Go. My dad lives near Appleton.

DH works for Secura- super random, I know!
  • So this is SUPER random- does anyone know if I can refuse those horrific after-delivery uterine "massages" the nurses do at every freaking check in the hossy? Because oh my word, those were worse than labor.
  • We just moved into a new house and the construction dust is making my allergies go crazy! That and it seems to be turning into a sinus infection. Ugh.
  • TM14 said:

We just moved into a new house and the construction dust is making my allergies go crazy! That and it seems to be turning into a sinus infection. Ugh.

If you dust and vacuum every day (sounds super fun while knocked up, right?!) and change your furnace filter every couple days, it drastically cuts down on the dust. That stuff is awful and settles everywhere!!
  • @MynaBird I'm so sorry.  Our DNA test was a pain in my butt as well.  I will complain to you now.  First, my insurance doesn't cover it and I knew that and didn't want it, but my OB refuses to do an NT scan despite my many calls.  So I was already pissed about it.  Also, because it's the testing centers kit with collection tubes I had to go to one particular lab with a huge line.  I went, I waited.  They messed up the labeling and called me the next day to come back.  I went back the next day--they let me cut the line because it was their error, thankfully.  Got it drawn a second time.  This was the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.  Didn't hear anything from the company for a week--super long time.  Called, they received my samples too late after it was collected.  The lab did not have a FedEx pickup on that Wednesday so it went out last Monday.  Sigh.  I tried to argue with my OB for an NT scan again.  No dice.  Redrew on Friday.  Finally got the notification that it was received by the company last night, but I am still pissed at how expensive it is and all the time I wasted.  Why does it have to be this hard for easily stressed pregnant women?!?!?!

@nicolesmith0624 Are you talking about how they massage your lower abdomen to get the uterus moving?  I'm pretty sure you don't want those skipped as they stop blood from pooling and clotting in their an it encourages appropriate shrinking.  Hurts, but super worthwhile.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Lilwatz said:

@MynaBird I'm so sorry.  Our DNA test was a pain in my butt as well.  I will complain to you now.  First, my insurance doesn't cover it and I knew that and didn't want it, but my OB refuses to do an NT scan despite my many calls.  So I was already pissed about it.  Also, because it's the testing centers kit with collection tubes I had to go to one particular lab with a huge line.  I went, I waited.  They messed up the labeling and called me the next day to come back.  I went back the next day--they let me cut the line because it was their error, thankfully.  Got it drawn a second time.  This was the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.  Didn't hear anything from the company for a week--super long time.  Called, they received my samples too late after it was collected.  The lab did not have a FedEx pickup on that Wednesday so it went out last Monday.  Sigh.  I tried to argue with my OB for an NT scan again.  No dice.  Redrew on Friday.  Finally got the notification that it was received by the company last night, but I am still pissed at how expensive it is and all the time I wasted.  Why does it have to be this hard for easily stressed pregnant women?!?!?!

@nicolesmith0624 Are you talking about how they massage your lower abdomen to get the uterus moving?  I'm pretty sure you don't want those skipped as they stop blood from pooling and clotting in their an it encourages appropriate shrinking.  Hurts, but super worthwhile.
    I know I don't want to skip them, but seriously. I did some reading last night and apparently it's not supposed to hurt. I must've had Attila the Hun as nurses both times because I was in serious pain....and that's saying something after unmedicated births. Apparently a lot of them can push wayyyyy too hard. I know now to ask them to be gentle.
  • @mrsschmity Yup.  I went from "Nooooo, no food, I can'ttttttt." to "More food?  I know I just ate 3 servings.  Can I have more?"

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Lilwatz I have not had a lick of MS at all so far far, but the first 12 weeks I had hardly any appetite. I ate like a bird all day long. Pretty sure I can eat more than DH in one sitting now. It's kind of scary. But also kind of awesome.
  • I want to eat everything in sight. I AM STARVING. All the time. This is the complete opposite from what I felt up until 12 weeks. This is me right now:

Same here....even though I'm still nauseous I now want to eat all the things.  I was feeling like gagging while I was eating last night but couldn't stop eating.  I kept thinking, "well if X is making me gag, maybe I should try Y...or Z...or everything in the fridge".  
  • Lilwatz said:

@mrsschmity Yup.  I went from "Nooooo, no food, I can'ttttttt." to "More food?  I know I just ate 3 servings.  Can I have more?"

^^This!! Except I never lost my appetite, just had weird aversions.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1.  I already need a shirt that says "DO NOT TOUCH MY BELLY" for all of the Christmas functions coming up.  I already don't like when a lot of people touch me and last weekend if one person touched my belly 50 did.  I cannot handle it.  

2.  I have been having cravings for nothing but the "cuties" oranges.  My sugar is going to be sky high but they are so so so good! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Me:23  DH:26
    Married: 6/7/14
    DS: 3/19/12
    Baby #2: June 2016
  • chelthorn said:

1.  I already need a shirt that says "DO NOT TOUCH MY BELLY" for all of the Christmas functions coming up.  I already don't like when a lot of people touch me and last weekend if one person touched my belly 50 did.  I cannot handle it.  

2.  I have been having cravings for nothing but the "cuties" oranges.  My sugar is going to be sky high but they are so so so good! 
    I need that shirt, too! The day we told my in laws my SIL came & touched my belly (for an uncomfortable amount of time) before she left. I was just over 7wks at the time. She was touching fat. My bloated gut. I don't understand why people think that's an okay thing to do?!
    Me: 30 || DH: 32
    Married: May 3, 2014 

SaveSave
  • 1.  I already need a shirt that says "DO NOT TOUCH MY BELLY" for all of the Christmas functions coming up.  I already don't like when a lot of people touch me and last weekend if one person touched my belly 50 did.  I cannot handle it.  

I need that shirt, too! The day we told my in laws my SIL came & touched my belly (for an uncomfortable amount of time) before she left. I was just over 7wks at the time. She was touching fat. My bloated gut. I don't understand why people think that's an okay thing to do?!
    Me either! It is annoying to me! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Me:23  DH:26
    Married: 6/7/14
    DS: 3/19/12
    Baby #2: June 2016
  • If anyone has been keeping up on my job situation and our team getting laid off at the end of this month....guess who just found out she has a phone interview in 5 minutes?? THIS LADY! Wish me luck.

Ahhh! Best of luck!!! Go crush it.
  • So I went into the garage to get a couple eggs from our garage fridge (ya know... The one you need when you buy too much crap at cost co lol) for breakfast and miss butter fingers (me) ends up dropping both on the garage floor, cracking them all over my toes. Yukk. I go back inside to get paper towels and start cleaning up the mess...ended up projectile vomitting all over said floor and cleaning up that too. lol. I still ate eggs for breakfast.
    DH - 24; Me: 26
    Married 3/7/15
    Expecting Baby #1: 06/06/2016
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @mrsschmitty You go girl! Let us know how it goes!  Make that interview your b*%&$!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Why o why did I go to the grocery store to pick-up a few items while hungry. 

Not only did I purchase too many bagels with two containers of cream cheese but I also bought a box of little debbie nutty buddy bars and another box of Fruity Pebbles cereal. What is wrong with me..... this is why my food pantry is too full. 

Now I'm sitting here wondering why didn't I bring any nutty buddy bars for my lunch today, geeze!

Good Luck @mrsschmity !
  • Woo!! Good luck @mrsschmity !!!
    Me: 30 || DH: 32
    Married: May 3, 2014 

SaveSave