May 2016 Moms

Tell us your baby's sex!

Re: Tell us your baby's sex!

• Had the NT scan yesterday and he was 95% sure it's a girl!! Ramzi and the Chinese were right :)
  • Loading the player...
  • We wait until birth to find out. Surely we aren't the only team greens here?!
  • At the NT she guessed boy, based on the angle of the phallus. I've never heard of that as a sex determination, has anyone heard of that? Not telling family and friends until we confirm at the anatomy scan.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

BFP 1: 9/15/2013 | DD 5/23/2014
    BFP 2: 9/15/2015 | EDD 5/26/2016

• lisatib said:
    We wait until birth to find out. Surely we aren't the only team greens here?!

Team green here. I am living vicariously through the people on this board since the suspense of not finding out is torture! We got our harmony results back this week and after the nurse told us everything was normal I had to cut her off before she made the big reveal. I don't think I've ever had so much self-control in my entire life. May can't come soon enough!!
  • @dshannah I say smack away. But I have a sister in law who sounds like a slightly tamer version of your sis, and I haven't had the nerve to smack her either.
  • @yogahh That's going to be an awesome NYE for you! The date for us is close to yours. We won't find out until 12/23...so we'll get it sealed in an envelope and find out Xmas Eve.
  • Early genetic testing due to being old here too.  Low risk for trisomies and XY.  :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Found out today we are having a little boy!!
  • How far along were tou
  • We're having a boy!!!!  His name is Connor Joel.
  • Yay, so happy for all the healthy baby girls and boys! Such an exciting time for all of us!
  • Gaaaa! Baby was too modest today at our scan. I will have to wait until my next appointment after Christmas :(.
  • At 15 weeks it was "pretty sure that's a boy," and at 18 weeks it's "that could be a girl, but the cord and foot are in the way, so I can't say for sure." So, it's a baby, that is perfectly healthy, which is all I really want. 
  • dshannah said:
    This is a total hijack (sorry) but I will probably find out at the anatomy scan in 5 weeks, and I do not care if it's a boy or a girl.

Sort of.

My SIL just graduated from a prestigious college with a fancy degree and (like most recent college grads) is currently making a living doing something less "exciting" than she had hoped for immediately after graduation (i.e. she thought she'd be working in international relations and is, instead, nannying and teaching yoga). In any event, she is dealing with her cognitive dissonance by becoming this uber MotherEarthGoddess, and not only insists on talking directly to my baby (as if I'm a goddamn incubator) but on calling him by the wrong name (because not only does she "know" it's going to be a boy, but also that he won't like the name we've chosen and will go by the one she's calling him).

Every time I see her smug smile and knowing nod I can't help hoping it's a girl just so she won't have been right. Of course, if it's a not boy she'll just insist that she's transgender, because her "intuition about children is never wrong." Ugh. It is literally all I can do not to smack her sometimes. /rant over

dshannah I feel your pain! MIL is 100% certain it's a girl and keeps calling the baby her and girl names. I don't know why it irks me so much I hope it's a boy!