March 2016 Moms
Options

What's everyone's go-to breakfast?

2»

Re: What's everyone's go-to breakfast?

• Options
    Lol @ecwk! I just get really dang excited about breakfast food.
    And I think I mistype your name every dang time I write it, bc I have "ewok" in my head bc I'm a big geek :-B

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • Options
    I have a Clif Bar (crunchy peanut butter kind) every. single. weekday. Same as before I was pregnant. They are just so good and have a lot of nutrients so I figure it's an okay choice. I do mix it up on the weekends though ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hear yeah on the cereal, It's like my go to snack for everything.

But for the days I feel like I want an actual breakfast I usually have waffles and eggs, or yogurt and oat meal with fruit. I went through a cream of wheat with cold milk and brown sugar phase, where all ate was that for like 3 weeks straight for breakfast and lunch.

I try to mix it up as much as I can, Or have energy to.
  • Options
    Not that I do this every day, I've been eating pretty unhealthy for breakfast lately myself, but this banana bread recipe is super amazing!! It's paleo, so gluten free and I'm pretty sure it's sugar free to (unless you add dark chocolate chips like me ;) ). The only thing probably not typically found in a pantry is almond flour and/or nuts if you want to add those, too. I've made this a few times and it's super moist and flavorful! You could make a loaf then cut a couple slices and warm them in the microwave.

https://cookeatpaleo.com/gluten-free-banana-bread/
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    Oh and I also love to do apple slices with peanut butter :) Green apples of course!!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    oceanchildoceanchild member
    edited October 2015
    Oh oh oh! The soufflés at Panera!!! But they always sell out early here, so you can't sleep in and do brunch. The artichoke one is my fave. And the spinach and bacon one. And the sundried tomato one. And four cheese and Ok … all of them.

Autism mama! 
  • Options
    Yoghurt with raspberries and strawberries or any kind of berry. Roast almonds on the side.
    Or tomato and avocado on sourdough bread with a big glass of milk.
  • Options
    If I remember to pack it... greek yogurt, piece of fruit, and a granola bar. In all honesty I usually forget and get a breakfast burrito from the place in my building. Mmmmm spicy paprika and chili potatoes. 

• Options
    A peanut butter and banana sandwich most mornings. Or blueberry pancakes. :)
  • Options
    I make eggs most mornings. Either scrambled on toast or poached with kale. I should probably have fruit or milk too, but i hate eating sweet stuff in the morning.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Whole wheat rye crisp bread with eather a thin layer of cream cheese or jam, greek yoghurt with fruit and nuts and a sprinkle of granola, whole wheat toast with cheese or peanut butter. Either way I try to incorporate whole wheat, a pit of protein and some fat and I always have some sort of fruit.

• Options
    Oatmeal all day long lol. I even had some leftover pumpkin pie from a midnight craving that I mixed into it. Delicious. I've been wanting onion rings and curly fries for breakfast every day for a week and have only ly caved in once.
  • Options
    oceanchildoceanchild member
    edited October 2015
    I feel really awkward commenting this super meaty meal after @veganmummy's reply, but had to share my delicious extra protein-packed breakfast this morn - leftover Swiss cheeseburger from the grill, topped with an egg over medium, bacon, tomato, onion, and avocado. The yolk ran everywhere and it was sooo great!

Autism mama! 
  • Options
    kynbar5 said:

Okay, this is the honest truth--no sugar coating! Some of you all have very impressive diets that I should aspire to, but I'm not gonna lie, I don't eat like that.

For breakfast, I eat microwave burritos, chips, fruit, cookies, cheese cubes and a diet soda. AND I LOVE IT.

Lol With my answer that's just the 1st thing I eat and I consider it breakfast. With that said, I fully enjoy another 5-7 meals before lunch that usually consist of everything you mentioned except cheese and diet soda ;) but generally anything that catches my eye when I'm in the kitchen.
    =P~ :-h

Autism mama! 
  • Options
    But, @AlphabetFish don't you feel like crap when you have cookies or chips for breakfast? Sure I would prefer a donut over some crispbread for breakfast but then I can basically throw my whole day out the window due to the sugar crash!
  • Options
    kitteh81kitteh81 member
    edited November 2015
    I had a few stolen Reeses peanut butter cups and a mini twix out of dd's Halloween stash this morning, and though it was a delicious accompaniment to my coffee, it definitely left me feeling like crap later on. So I hear you, @rosieschmozie (Though to be honest, I might just have to make that mistake a few more times before I learn my lesson. Peanut Butter cups are my weakness. )

I'm also obsessed with breakfast sandwiches. I keep craving McDonald's sausage egg and cheese Mc muffins which is odd because they tend to make me sick from all the grease. But I just can't stop craving them!
  • Options
    Honey Nut Cheerios with sliced banana on top. Single strawberry pop tart and glass of OJ.
  • Options
    Steel cut oats with mixed fruit. Hearty, yummy and healthy!
  • Options
    Cereal! \:D/
  • Options
    I can't take anything sweet for breakfast now that I'm pregnant. So my go to is anything egg-based. I also love bagels with lox. 
    imageimage

• Options
    Poached egg on toast, cheerios, orange juice. Sometimes I want some waffles or something with syrup.
  • Options
    DougalMcGDougalMcG member
    edited November 2015
    This is the reason I get out of bed every morning: Jamie Oliver's baked eggs and popped beans doused in hot sauce and balsamic vinegar. It takes 15 minutes to make (8 of which are just waiting around), but it's so worth it.

Eta: The link is not working because the bump hates me, but it's easy enough to google

• Options

I crave the Starbucks bacon Gouda breakfast sandwiches.

The ham and cheese savories with mustard! I ate them for like 3 months straight everyday.
  • Options
    mmm, everyone's breakfasts sounds sooo yummy! especially anything with bananas! I'm so hungry now :(

mine depends on where i am. at home i usually make 2 pieces of toast with some butter &/or raspberry jam, slice up 2 apples, OJ, & sometimes an egg or two. at work i usually only have time for some rye toast with jam.