March 2016 Moms
Options

What's everyone's go-to breakfast?

I am hooked on the bad sugary cereals right now, in the morning AND at night time. I need to cut back (I sound like I need cereal rehab) and switch to a healthier but FAST breakfast. Think I'll stick to my faithful oatmeal with protein powder added in.

I used to keep turkey bacon wrapped egg muffins prepped and ready in my fridge pre-pregnancy, but quit making them because of the bacon and nitrates and all that.

So, just curious, what's everyone eat for breakfast?

Re: What's everyone's go-to breakfast?

• Options
    Frosted Mini Wheats, Oatmeal or Blueberry Muffins.
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • Options
    Oatmeal or nothing

LFAF- Best Olympic Moments...  Jackie Joyner-Kersee

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Usually a protein shake or maple-sweetened oatmeal with fruit and almonds. BUT, right now a runny egg and cheese sandwich on toasted wheat. Sweets are too sweet to me right now, and I'm craving eggs like crazy.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I wish I craved eggs! They seem so nasty to me now and usually I love them! I used to make a protein shake with banana and a scoop of oatmeal added in.. I should start that again! Thanks for the idea!
  • Options
    Scrambled eggs and a banana most days. Other options include: make ahead bfast burritos (but I put bacon in them so you might not want them) or frozen pancakes. I eat them like cookies to bypass the syrup, unless I'm feeling indulgent.
    *TTC since July 2010
    *BFP #1- 11/12/12, m/c 11/16/12 @ 6 weeks
    *BFP #2- 1/23/13 EDD 10/4/13  

*Emma Rose: 10/8/13

*BFP #3- EDD 03/9/16

March '16 December Siggy Challenge- Favorite Christmas Movie/Quote
  • Options
    Eggs with spinach and kale and sometimes a carrot, too.
  • Options
    I crave the Starbucks bacon Gouda breakfast sandwiches.
  • Options

I crave the Starbucks bacon Gouda breakfast sandwiches.

Those are so good!!!

I usually have toast with peanut butter.

• Options
    My go to breakfast is usually avocado toast. Cheap, simple, and delicious.
  • Options
    Crunchy peanut butter on toast, but lately, cereal... Can't get enough. Were I you, I'd go back to your usual and just buy nitrate/nitrite free bacon. There are some cheap mainstream brands now.
  • Options
    Eurgh I suck at breakfast.
    It's usually half a multigrain bagel with cream cheese or else a banana.
    I have zero appetite in the morning and never eat until well after I get to work (I get to work before seven). My 'lunch time' is before 11 am so my eating schedule during the week is messed up.

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Cinnamon raisin bagel with butter and a fully caffeinated cup of coffee. Every single day. #creatureofhabit 
    Married 7.29.05 :: DD1 5.11.10 :: DD2 1.23.13 :: Baby Boy due 3.13.16!

March 2016 January Siggy: Pregnant Lady Problems
  • Options
    Usually scrambled eggs, sometimes with toast, and a cup of tea. If I'm feeling really lazy it's a bowl of cheerios with sliced banana. And occasionally I'll mix it up with baked oatmeal. It's a great easy breakfast for one . . . 1/3 cup oats, a sprinkling of brown sugar and cinnamon, mix together in a ramekin or small oven-safe bowl. Top it with 1/3 cup water and some diced apple. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes at 400F. Take the foil off, bake another five minutes, and serve with milk and more sugar or syrup. I love how easy it is and that it makes enough for just me, because nobody else in my family eats oatmeal. I've also made it switching out blueberries or dried cranberries for apple or adding a swirl of homemade apple butter.

Now I want breakfast.
    It's a boy! Born 42 weeks, 2 days.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ecwkecwk member
    edited October 2015
    @ClaireBear90 I love oatmeal but never make it during the week as I don't have time or the appetite! But I've never heard of baked oatmeal, it sounds delish! Will have to try it this weekend!!

Edited spelling

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am also addicted to cereal right now. I have put on a lot of weight recently and am trying to eat a little bit healthier though so I have been trying to do scrambled eggs and whole wheat toast when I have time. Often I end up having a multigrain toaster waffle topped with peanut butter and half of a banana, I get the vans organic ones but I'm not sure that makes them all that much more healthy! I love oatmeal so I should probably go back to that.
  • Options
    2-Step said:

I am also addicted to cereal right now. I have put on a lot of weight recently and am trying to eat a little bit healthier though so I have been trying to do scrambled eggs and whole wheat toast when I have time. Often I end up having a multigrain toaster waffle topped with peanut butter and half of a banana, I get the vans organic ones but I'm not sure that makes them all that much more healthy! I love oatmeal so I should probably go back to that.

Girl I feel you on the weight gain however I probably have you beat :( I went to my appointment today at 20w3d and I'm up 26 POUNDS!!! My total for this pregnancy is only 32 and I have 19 weeks to go!
  • Options
    I have been eating trail mix for breakfast. It's easy and the protein keeps the headaches away.
  • Options
    Mornings seem to be when I eat the most and can never feel full. My typical routine is a mini blueberry bagel w/ cream cheese OR an English muffin w/ peanut butter while I get ready. Then, I eat a banana on the drive to work and then two hard boiled eggs once I get settled in at my desk. By 10am I'm usually starving so then I'll do a yogurt, string cheese, or an apple. Yikes!!

• Options
    lamelllamell member
    edited October 2015
    My go-to is make-ahead breakfast burritos. If we don't have any, I will normally have 2 boiled eggs on whole grain toast.
    I have to have a good share of protein and carbs for breakfast or I barely make it through!
  • Options
    DH has been making me the same breakfast for the past 7 years--coffee or black tea, a piece of whole grain toast with blueberry jam and another piece layered with spinach, egg, and sliced avocado. He's got it down to a science so that the spinach, egg, and avocado all lie flat on the toast just so, it's quite impressive (and delicious!)

Sometimes I squirting some siracha on top of the avocado, if I'm feeling spicy, and When I'm breastfeeding he adds peanut butter under the blueberry jam. (And I'm always breastfeeding, really. Have been for the past 5 years straight!)
  • Options
    2 pieces of bacon, 2 fried eggs, a bagel with cream cheese (or peanut butter if the bagel isn't savory) an apple or a pear, and coffee. I know none of that is fast to make, but the protein reeeeeally helps with headaches!
  • Options
    I've been eating a bagel with cream cheese- I know it's not great long term but I have lost a lot of weight already so I figured the baby can use it >.<
  • Options
    Peanut butter on a slice of bread with an orange. Haven't really wanted to eat much more also you can buy nitrate free turkey bacon they sell it a Target, Costco, Publix,etc. I don't eat it everyday so I'm not greatly concerned about my nitrate intake but that might be an option for you.
  • Options

I LOVE my strawberry frosted miniwheats!  But when I get sick of them or need a change, I fry a potato (home fries) and scramble an egg.  Occasionally I get a hankering for pancakes, so I spend a day frying up a bunch and freezing them so I can take 2 out at a time and heat them in the microwave.

February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Honestly, I usually go for belvita breakfast cookies, the Orange and cranberry ones. But this last week I've been running too late to eat those so it's been a nutrigrain bar and goldfish.
  • Options
    A fried egg served on a piece of wheat toast and a slice of cheese, or a delicious sugary breakfast cereal.

March 2016 Moms: January Siggy Challenge "Pregnancy Problems"
  • Options
    Toast with peanut butter. Every.day. If I'm feeling really wild I add chia seeds and honey
  • Options
    DD and I usually spilt a banana and a Greek yogurt. BUT I'm totally guilty of getting McDonalds sausage mcmuffin and a hashbrown once or twice a week (and now that's it's served ALL day, it's sometimes my lunch)!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    ejverre said:

DD and I usually spilt a banana and a Greek yogurt. BUT I'm totally guilty of getting McDonalds sausage mcmuffin and a hashbrown once or twice a week (and now that's it's served ALL day, it's sometimes my lunch)!

Yes! McDonald's all day breakfast may be the worst but best thing to ever happen to me haha
  • Options
    Honey nut cheerios or mini wheats. Im a huge cereal fan! But everytime i have mini wheats my son ends up somewhere stealing far the bowl
  • Options
    B'fast is my fave.
    Raspberry mini-wheats, hard-boiled eggs (while they're still warm, soft boiled eggs with butter melted in the bowl, bagels with cream cheese, jalapeño&cheese giant pigs in blankets from our local donut shop, sausage burritos from McD's, bacon and scrambled eggs with spinach and cheese, blueberry waffintangles (muffins made in the Belgian waffle-maker instead of baked, and then cut in half: they don't crumble like muffins which is good for the kids, and the entire thing tastes like the muffin-top!), French toast with tons of egg, frozen breakfast sandwiches - usu Canadian bacon+egg+cheese on an English muffin or waffle, toast topped with an egg over easy+tomato+avocado, toast with coconut oil and hemp seeds, English muffin with cream cheese and jam, leftover cold takeout pizza, oatmeal/cream of wheat, breakfast casseroles, frittata with bacon and broccoli/kale/whatever I have, French-toast casserole with blueberries, fruit, cereal/protein balls/bars, hashbrowns!
    So many great b'fast things on Pinterest, like set your crockpot the night before and wake up to eat, or bake-ahead casserole ideas, or make-ahead and freeze single serving things you just grab one and microwave.

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • Options
    If I could marry breakfast, I would.  I'm a big fan.  On mornings I don't want to fix it myself, DH and I go to a bagel shop and get jalapeno cheddar bagels with eggs/cheddar.  I could live on cereal - right now it's Honey Bunches of Oats, but I'm also loving Cinnamon Crunch (organic version of Cinnamon Toast Crunch).  I LOVE granola with milk.  My go-to breakfast sandwich is home made egg mcmuffins.  Sometimes we do green smoothies - 1 banana, 1 Tbsp peanut butter, 1 Tbsp cocoa powder, 2 C milk, 1 Tbsp plain hemp protein powder, handful spinach, ice.  Sometimes berry smoothies.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Options
    Oh yes to the smoothies!!! If you could marry b'fast @skruhmin I would be your sister wife! I swear all the weight I've gained this pregnancy is from eating carb-y B'fast stuff. But I constantly crave it.

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • Options
    Yup breakfast sandwiches have been my craving this pregnancy.  Like seriously, you can't go wrong with them.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Options
    Cereal - frosties crunchy nut or conflakes
  • Options
    I usually go for plain oatmeal and either an orange or banana.
  • Options
    I usually do a chobani vanilla cup and for second bfast I will do scrambled eggs and bfast potatoes. Or if I don't have potatoes I will usually have some oatmeal with a glass of milk.
  • Options
    Holy moly @oceanchild thanks for making me hungry!!!!! :D

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Everything Bagel with butter and/or Greek yogurt with blackberries
  • Options
    Breakfast burrito from the office cafeteria downstairs and a cup of latte... sometimes a two egg omelette

If I am running short on time, then I get a toasted bagel with cream cheese (a lot of cream cheese). When I feel constipated, then I go for oatmeal with honey.