Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Sad to be here, but glad to be among friends

Decided since it was official I would do my intro and even though this is a MC board I will warn that there are losses mentioned.

I was 7 weeks along in my first pregnancy when I began spotting. At 8 weeks 2 days I began bleeding and having cramps and I miscarried our sweet baby. My ultrasound yesterday confirmed it. I don't know how to feel honestly. I mostly feel numb. And then I feel guilty for just feeling numb.

I didn't have very much bleeding (didn't even fill a pad, was mostly when I wiped, sorry TMI) and my hormone levels are still high even though all that remains are blood clots according to the doctor, since I mc naturally. So I did a round of cytotec with severe cramping but minimal bleeding. So now I am on round two of 4 200mg tablets administered vaginally so we will see what happens. I really don't want to have a D&C on top of everything else.

Thank you for reading my story, I know it seems a bit cut and dry but I think I am just skimming the surface when it comes to everything that has happened. I think we can all agree that it is a rollercoaster. I am sorry for the loss of your sweet babes. And I hope we can all find healing somehow, someway.

Re: Sad to be here, but glad to be among friends

• Options
    I am sorry for your loss. It is totally ok to feel numb, everyone reacts differently to this experience, and honestly there is no wrong way to react.

We are here for you as you go through this roller coaster of emotions. Sorry you are here, but welcome.

Be kind to yourself and I send you T&P for healing.
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    There is so much to process and so many different feelings that will hit you at different times. I felt kind of zen about both of my MCs at first, but then the floodgates opened. There is no handbook for these things, just feel what you need to. Hang in there. So sorry for your loss.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    tinypikachutinypikachu member
    edited November 2015
    I am very sorry for your loss. I had a similar experience with Cytotec. I was 5.5 weeks along and started spotting brown on Halloween. The next day it was red, the day after that (Monday) the spotting continued and I was told my HCG was dropping. We decided to get the Cytotec in the office that Friday. The spotting never stopped, it was like a light period. Thursday night I passed some tissue and (might be TMI) foul-smelling blood. In the morning (Friday, Cytotec day), the ultrasound showed clots and a lot of blood. I started getting contractions about 2.5hrs after they put in 4 pills. They came and went and the spotting continued like a light period, I passed a large clot the next day. The contractions continued on and off until Sunday night. On Tuesday they said I had passed everything and I stopped spotting the next day.

If you continue to bleed (even if it is light), you can still pass everything. I pray that things go well for you and you won't need a D&C.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I don't have any advice or words of wisdom, but know you're not alone. Thoughts and prayers for you.

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• Options
    Sorry for your loss. This is for sure a roller coaster of emotions and everyones ride is different.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    Thank you all for your sweet words of encouragement. I was having a bad day and they have all really lifted my spirits. Second round of cytotec was uneventful not even cramping. But I'm pretty sure I passed the baby on Tuesday before even going to the doctor, sorry if that's TMI.

AlwaysAunt- Thank you for sharing your experience, I am still bleeding so hopefully I can get it all out. And I'm sorry for the loss of your sweet LO.

I'm glad to be able to come together with other people who have gone through the same experience.