September 2015 Moms
Options

Addicted to online shopping

The past few weeks so many things have been marked down. And with the holidays coming up, I have bought dresses, Christmas pj's and other little outfits for baby girl. I think it's out of my system. I said this would happen if I had a girl. Lol! I even had to buy a few things for myself!!

Re: Addicted to online shopping

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Me too!  It usually gets bad for me this time of year anyway because of all of the holiday sales and Christmas coming up. However, since I've been on leave, I feel like it's been worse.  I have bought a few things (toys and clothes for LO mainly), but I'm like @monicaP, it's been more like "window shopping".
  • Options
    I always sitting in a dark room bouncying LO in the bouncy seat with nothing else to do... So I'm always on my phone and end up shopping! I went out with my mom yesterday to get some nursing bras and carters was right next door, everything was 50% off for Veterans Day... I even bought 12-18 month adorable stuff!
  • Options
    Omg... Between Etsy and Zulilly I am in trouble. I NEED matching Christmas stockings for my new family, and of course a matching tree skirt, and a baby's first Christmas outfit, etc. And of course I have to get shoes and sleepers and toys and all the other stuff etsy doesn't have on Zulilly. I am going to have to delete the apps from my phone. I shouldn't be able to buy and pay with one tap. It's dangerous.
  • Options
    I have always had an online shopping addiction...and it's worse now that I'm home. LO got a ton of clothes from friends and family so I find myself buying her girly toys and blankets and stuff she probably doesn't need. It needs to stop because I won't have an income to support my habit soon :(
  • Options
    Online shopping is the reason why all my credit cards are maxed out lol
  • Options
    It is dangerous! It's so easy to do especially while on maternity leave. I keep saying I need to go back to work just to pay for my purchases!
  • Options
    The combination of Amazon Prime and maternity leave is breaking my bank lol. I also just discovered zulily. They really rope you in by having new things every day, I feel like I have to check what they have on the daily. Smh. I justify it with the fact that I need new nursing clothes, but most importantly, I deserve it!
  • Options
    Carters 50% off veterans day sale got me... Oopsies.
  • Options
    I figured I was in the clear since I had a boy (I thought if I had a girl I'd be in the same boat as you) but nope! Still purchase way too many clothes for him.
  • Options
    Best place I found is swap.com. It's a consignment shop online! You can buy and send in clothes to sell childrens and women's and Maternity...
  • Options
    @monicaP I do this exact thing! @nanako0 they were 50 percent off plus 40 percent off if you bought over a certain amount I bought a bunch of 6m stuff since my lo is already in 6m pant. 92ND percentile in height!
  • Options
    Nothing makes me more sad than this though.... I splurged on a Ralph Lauren Christmas dress for LO (it is freaking adorable) and not only a few weeks later I check back and it was marked down nearly 50% .... I was so, so, so mad!!! I am famous for filling up my cart and never buying the stuff to, that's funny!
  • Options
    @kkerner87 a lot of stores do price adjustments, give it a try
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I went shopping for my LO for clothes for the first time EVER, and only spend 65$ at Carters. LOL I'm not into words on clothes, so I could hardly buy anything! Everything has sayings on it and it's driving me mad. Haha. He is in 6 month so I bought him a dressy thanksgiving day outfit, Christmas card sweater outfit, outfit for Christmas Day.

If I had a daughter, LOOK OUT!!! Everything is 100 times cuter for baby girls! And their clothing section is five times the size of boy stuff at target! Haha! I keep telling DH he better hope our next is a boy again or we will be in trouble!
  • Options
    @LoveLee85 I'm also not into words or cutesy patterns. Try osh kosh or baby gap for more generic looking clothes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LoveLee85 said:

I went shopping for my LO for clothes for the first time EVER, and only spend 65$ at Carters. LOL I'm not into words on clothes, so I could hardly buy anything! Everything has sayings on it and it's driving me mad. Haha. He is in 6 month so I bought him a dressy thanksgiving day outfit, Christmas card sweater outfit, outfit for Christmas Day.

If I had a daughter, LOOK OUT!!! Everything is 100 times cuter for baby girls! And their clothing section is five times the size of boy stuff at target! Haha! I keep telling DH he better hope our next is a boy again or we will be in trouble!

I don't like words on clothing either but my biggest pet peeve are vehicles/bugs/dinosaurs. I also can't stand the brown/orange/olive clothes. REALLY limits you! Pretty much the only place I shop for boys once they are out of infant clothes is Ralph Lauren/Janie & Jack. I spend probably 5 times the amount on boy clothes than I would if I had girls, and I don't even buy anything I love. Sad!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm laughing because as I type this, he is wearing brown and olive dinosaur zip up pj's. BAHA and I don't even like it!! It was just one of the, 'oh well, at least it doesn't have a phrase on it!' find. I LOVE Janie & Jack but we don't have a local one. Closest one is 3 hours away.BOO!
  • Options
    Hi there! I'd not addicted so don't have much online shops options. Have you already bought your Christmas wear?