September 2015 Moms

Addicted to online shopping

The past few weeks so many things have been marked down. And with the holidays coming up, I have bought dresses, Christmas pj's and other little outfits for baby girl. I think it's out of my system. I said this would happen if I had a girl. Lol! I even had to buy a few things for myself!!

Re: Addicted to online shopping

• Loading the player...
  • Me too!  It usually gets bad for me this time of year anyway because of all of the holiday sales and Christmas coming up. However, since I've been on leave, I feel like it's been worse.  I have bought a few things (toys and clothes for LO mainly), but I'm like @monicaP, it's been more like "window shopping".
  • I always sitting in a dark room bouncying LO in the bouncy seat with nothing else to do... So I'm always on my phone and end up shopping! I went out with my mom yesterday to get some nursing bras and carters was right next door, everything was 50% off for Veterans Day... I even bought 12-18 month adorable stuff!
  • Omg... Between Etsy and Zulilly I am in trouble. I NEED matching Christmas stockings for my new family, and of course a matching tree skirt, and a baby's first Christmas outfit, etc. And of course I have to get shoes and sleepers and toys and all the other stuff etsy doesn't have on Zulilly. I am going to have to delete the apps from my phone. I shouldn't be able to buy and pay with one tap. It's dangerous.
  • I have always had an online shopping addiction...and it's worse now that I'm home. LO got a ton of clothes from friends and family so I find myself buying her girly toys and blankets and stuff she probably doesn't need. It needs to stop because I won't have an income to support my habit soon :(
  • Online shopping is the reason why all my credit cards are maxed out lol
  • It is dangerous! It's so easy to do especially while on maternity leave. I keep saying I need to go back to work just to pay for my purchases!
  • The combination of Amazon Prime and maternity leave is breaking my bank lol. I also just discovered zulily. They really rope you in by having new things every day, I feel like I have to check what they have on the daily. Smh. I justify it with the fact that I need new nursing clothes, but most importantly, I deserve it!
  • Carters 50% off veterans day sale got me... Oopsies.
  • I figured I was in the clear since I had a boy (I thought if I had a girl I'd be in the same boat as you) but nope! Still purchase way too many clothes for him.
  • Best place I found is swap.com. It's a consignment shop online! You can buy and send in clothes to sell childrens and women's and Maternity...
  • @monicaP I do this exact thing! @nanako0 they were 50 percent off plus 40 percent off if you bought over a certain amount I bought a bunch of 6m stuff since my lo is already in 6m pant. 92ND percentile in height!
  • Nothing makes me more sad than this though.... I splurged on a Ralph Lauren Christmas dress for LO (it is freaking adorable) and not only a few weeks later I check back and it was marked down nearly 50% .... I was so, so, so mad!!! I am famous for filling up my cart and never buying the stuff to, that's funny!
  • @kkerner87 a lot of stores do price adjustments, give it a try
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I went shopping for my LO for clothes for the first time EVER, and only spend 65$ at Carters. LOL I'm not into words on clothes, so I could hardly buy anything! Everything has sayings on it and it's driving me mad. Haha. He is in 6 month so I bought him a dressy thanksgiving day outfit, Christmas card sweater outfit, outfit for Christmas Day.

If I had a daughter, LOOK OUT!!! Everything is 100 times cuter for baby girls! And their clothing section is five times the size of boy stuff at target! Haha! I keep telling DH he better hope our next is a boy again or we will be in trouble!
  • @LoveLee85 I'm also not into words or cutesy patterns. Try osh kosh or baby gap for more generic looking clothes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LoveLee85 said:

I went shopping for my LO for clothes for the first time EVER, and only spend 65$ at Carters. LOL I'm not into words on clothes, so I could hardly buy anything! Everything has sayings on it and it's driving me mad. Haha. He is in 6 month so I bought him a dressy thanksgiving day outfit, Christmas card sweater outfit, outfit for Christmas Day.

If I had a daughter, LOOK OUT!!! Everything is 100 times cuter for baby girls! And their clothing section is five times the size of boy stuff at target! Haha! I keep telling DH he better hope our next is a boy again or we will be in trouble!

I don't like words on clothing either but my biggest pet peeve are vehicles/bugs/dinosaurs. I also can't stand the brown/orange/olive clothes. REALLY limits you! Pretty much the only place I shop for boys once they are out of infant clothes is Ralph Lauren/Janie & Jack. I spend probably 5 times the amount on boy clothes than I would if I had girls, and I don't even buy anything I love. Sad!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm laughing because as I type this, he is wearing brown and olive dinosaur zip up pj's. BAHA and I don't even like it!! It was just one of the, 'oh well, at least it doesn't have a phrase on it!' find. I LOVE Janie & Jack but we don't have a local one. Closest one is 3 hours away.BOO!
  • Hi there! I'd not addicted so don't have much online shops options. Have you already bought your Christmas wear?