June 2015 Moms

Lingering postpartum symptoms- post here!

12346»

Re: Lingering postpartum symptoms- post here!

• fridaysdancefridaysdance member
    edited November 2015
    My tailbone and hip are killing me still. If I sit in a chair very long, I get quite the stabbing pain through one or both. My daughter was curled with her side against my hip all during labor and it felt like it popped out at one point. They checked for dislocations after because I've had issues before. They didn't find anything and said it should heal up eventually. It hasnt.

We went to a wedding today and I needed help out of chairs at the reception because I couldn't shift my weight to turn in the chair without wincing. It's getting old. I'm only 24 and was in physical therapy for my knee when I got pregnant last year. I'm a little sick of orthopedics right now.

Edited for spelling thanks to phone.
  • My hips ache when I sleep on my side. The pain wakes me up (well, I'm up every 2 hours anyway, but...). I am sore in the mornings. Never had this issue before. My chiro said don't sleep on my belly to avoid neck degeneration but now I'm mainly only ok on my back, which isn't my favorite. Fortunately I'm so tired, I can sleep in any position these days!
  • Loading the player...
  • My hips have been aching too when on my side although they did this during pregnancy too
  • paige0704 said:

Has anyone experience ingrown toenails since being post partum? I don't get it ever since I had my LO its been one after the next and now they are getting infected and worried they will have to remove it

Yes! I have 4 places where my toes are ingrown (ew!) that I thought were caused by a pedicure I got for my sister's wedding in May that keep coming back...maybe it's a post pregnancy thing too? Does that happen? Haha.. They're really annoying bc I'm constantly stubbing those toes on all the random baby toys in the floor so it's been a constant source of frustration for me..thanks for bringing that up so I could vent :)
  • My hips ached for about a year postpartum with my first. I had to sleep flat on my back because my chest was too sore for stomach sleeping. Eventually I bought a 4 inch memory foam topper for the bed and that helped. But its not cosleeping safe. Thankfully my hips seem okay now, must have broken them in.

I am wondering how long it takes for loose skin to tighten up. I carried this baby straight out and feel like I have a skin flap on my abs that might be staying forever. I noticed it folding over my leggings today. Not cute. Please tell me this isn't a permanent prize for having 2 kids.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Does anyone have achey feet? I have to wear my Birkenstocks ( hideous I know) around the house for support.
  • My hips ached for about a year postpartum with my first. I had to sleep flat on my back because my chest was too sore for stomach sleeping. Eventually I bought a 4 inch memory foam topper for the bed and that helped. But its not cosleeping safe. Thankfully my hips seem okay now, must have broken them in.

I am wondering how long it takes for loose skin to tighten up. I carried this baby straight out and feel like I have a skin flap on my abs that might be staying forever. I noticed it folding over my leggings today. Not cute. Please tell me this isn't a permanent prize for having 2 kids.

I've been doing a lot of ab work and have 6 pounds left to lose, but still have belly flab :( my arms got flabby too and it's not cute. i think we'll always have that mom pooch? I can't stand sitting and having my stomach be over my leggings either.
  • Does anyone have achey feet? I have to wear my Birkenstocks ( hideous I know) around the house for support. </blockquote

I LOVE my Birkenstocks! I've got sandals and I don't think they are hideous. I wear them a lot in the summer.

The bones in my feet ache a little, especially after I've been sitting down for awhile.

• Y'all, I feel like an old, old, old woman. I'm seriously tired all the time, everything hurts, I lost baby weight after LO was born but put it right back on again...
    I really want to try to get some exercise and begin to get a little more into shape. I know I may sleep better, and my body may not hurt as much carrying this extra weight around. But I'm so tired I have no energy to do anything, and I keep having what I'm pretty sure is asthma flare ups when I begin to get my heart rate up, and then I can't breathe and spend forever wheezing until I can breathe normally again.
    I'm mostly just venting, its just a vicious circle and I'm pissed off about it
  • mellymar said:
    Y'all, I feel like an old, old, old woman. I'm seriously tired all the time, everything hurts, I lost baby weight after LO was born but put it right back on again... I really want to try to get some exercise and begin to get a little more into shape. I know I may sleep better, and my body may not hurt as much carrying this extra weight around. But I'm so tired I have no energy to do anything, and I keep having what I'm pretty sure is asthma flare ups when I begin to get my heart rate up, and then I can't breathe and spend forever wheezing until I can breathe normally again. I'm mostly just venting, its just a vicious circle and I'm pissed off about it
    Could have written this myself! It's such a vicious cycle. I've tried to start walking more since going back to work (which i've succeeded in doing) but I'm getting terrible shin splints when briskly walking the 10 blocks to work. It sucks feeling like I dont wanna move much because it hurts and knowing that I'd hurt less if i moved more. Seriously sucky
  • @mellymar

Sounds so frustrating with the asthma attacks. Understand why you are pissed :(
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• @mellymar Agreed. It's pretty much I feel like a bald old troll......
    And DH jokes with LO "mommys a troll who is going to live under a bridge"
    Ha. Fricken ha.
    Bald. Fatigue in my bones. Gross weight gain back on as well..... I refuse to post any pics from the boobs down on fb (vain I know)
    But mostly the fatigue .... If I could just fix that then I know I could work on the other issues.
  • @Mommaswizz yeah its pretty shitty, right? You know things could probably improve if you could just get active, but getting active has all these roadblocks

@klkonwi yup, exactly. DH also 'jokes' about me being cranky or acting or complaining like an old lady.

The other day when we were walking up a hill back to the car after a festival and I was all huffing and puffing and wheezing and he says "I didn't know it was this bad" (he's always saying 'go out with P'). I'm like "dude, I've TOLD you its this bad"
  • Me 3 @Mellymar and @mommaswizz my symptoms mirror that exactly!

• The silver lining is know we're not in this alone!
  • @mellymar I'm with ya. I have an elliptical in our basement and I haven't touched it in the two years since we moved into our house. I have no excuse except for that I am drying clothes on it right now. I hurt my ACL from carrying the car seat wrong. Fail!
  • @hoodoll82 your ACL! that suuuucckkks
  • I'm with you all!! I feel so old, achy, and run down. I don't feel like myself. I feel like I have no time to do anything fitness related and I miss that very much! Work has been really stressful and it's taking a toll on me. I was so sick a few weekends ago and after steroids and antibiotics I still am sick - a different version of it, but sick nonetheless. It's exhausting. Vent on, ladies! This is not easy!
  • I have an amazing photo to share but I guess no more photos?! It's not showing as an option for me ??
  • ^^ for me neither. And my quote boxes still don't work
  • Anyone else have this problem? I stopped BFing about a month and a half ago but my boobs are still so lumpy. I called my doctor and he wants me to wait to have one more period (I've already had 2) and see if they go down/away. It's a little scary, but hoping its breastfeeding related.
  • @marlener25 I stopped breastfeeding/pumping after the first month and then tried to relactate a month later and then stopped all of a sudden bc she was just getting angry and reflux was getting worse.. And after stopping that second time, I had (and still have) a small lump that I got checked out. It scared me too, but the dr said it was most likely a clogged duct that I could put warm compress on and try to massage out or was just a permanent change in my tissue that wasn't threatening as long as it didn't grow. She had me go have an ultrasound done to see exactly what was going on in there and the doctor there confirmed what she thought it probably was, just a clogged or changed duct. They both said if it changes or begins to hurt that I would need to come back, but that Im fine anyway. It hasn't gone away, but it doesn't cause any pain and hasn't gotten bigger..just a weird thing I guess. Hope that at least eases your mind a little.. It's probably just like you say, breastfeeding related, but of course follow up with your doctor.
  • Fat, achy, bald. And creaky, everything pops. I would post a picture of how much hair I'm losing, but I guess we can't do that anymore. Also, memory loss and ADHD.
  • So I'm biting the bullet And getting a vaginal "revision" surgery while my deductible is met.
    The spot they told me would heal with this Premarin cream is not healing and it makes me cry to have intercourse.....
    Bleh.
  • Boo @klkonwi that's no fun. I hope that the surgery makes everything better!
  • @klkonwi aw, lady. really hope the surgery goes well and fixes the problems. good for you for being proactive about it!
  • @klkonwi I hope surgery helps!
  • @klkonwi I hope the surgery solves the problem! It blows that it's come to that, but at least there is light (and sexy times not ending in tears) at he end of the tunnel!
  • @klkonwi boooo. Maybe you can get some vajazzling as well. Lol
  • I haven't been reading the boards lately, work has been super hectic... just catching up on a few threads today and boy, you ladies are really cracking me up!  Thank you, June Mommas! 
    I would like to say I share in a lot of these lingering symptoms too.  
  • I'm so tired of not being able to wear my wedding ring. People give us such dirty looks when we're out and DH is wearing his and I'm holding the baby and not wearing mine. It's insane. I miss my sparkles
    I look awful still, too. Acne like crazy, flabby, balding (even still, I have enough hair for six people). My incision still hurts.

I am getting some me back, though, since I got on an antidepressant. Back to being sassy and overly excited about things. Ha.
  • @bethanne09 Yeah I can't wear my rings (or some of my shoes!) anymore :( I told DH that's the main thing I want for Christmas is to have my rings resized...bc it's probably permanent, right? My mom said her knuckles and feet grew and never went down with pregnancy :/
  • ^^^ yes on the foot thing at least. I had disproportionally large yetti feet to begin with, so they are not cute after 2 kids. Also working on a bunion. How old am I??