November 2015 Moms
Options

The Official Labor Watch Thread(L&D questions, concerns, and announcements)

Re: The Official Labor Watch Thread(L&D questions, concerns, and announcements)

• Options

Been having period like cramps all morning. Hoping it's the start of something.

I've had period like cramps for like 12 hours now... getting annoying. It's nothing that I could even time, though. It's just persistent.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm 38 weeks tomorrow and the last few days I've been terribly uncomfortable. I get shooting pains through my vagina regularly and the whole right side of my groin has been hurting like I pulled several muscles for over a week! OB says it's because she's dropped and it just chillin on lots of nerves down below. I'm done with being pregnant lol, I'm ready to meet her and counting down the days. I didn't know the discomfort people talked about in the third tri would be so painful! On the bright side I'm sleeping well (thanks to my pregnancy pillow) and am napping daily :)

Ha! I wouldn't start counting down the days just yet! I started counting down wayyy too early! It could be 3-4 weeks still.
  • Options

Tealmoore said:

I'm 38 + 5 today and my mood has just turned really low. I don't know why. I just feel so down and lethargic. Just sitting around the house, moping around,no appetite or desire to do anything. Not sure why I have suddenly developed this as I have been fine up until now. Also feel really quite ill, a little light headed and nauseous throughout the day.

Anyone else experience this close to due date?

Yes that's me - same depressed and ready to be done and meanwhile after having full on contractions I'm back to where I was a couple weeks ago with absolutely no labour symptoms....
    Yes! Haven't really been doing anything other the walk my dog. No energy to do a thing but getting kinda bored. I'm 40w 5d!
  • Options
    kwaldy said:
    I've had period like cramps for like 12 hours now... getting annoying. It's nothing that I could even time, though. It's just persistent.

Mine are a lot less intense and farther apart than they were this morning. Still feeling very off today, though.
  • Options

kwaldy said:

Mine are a lot less intense and farther apart than they were this morning. Still feeling very off today, though.

I've had them sporadically for several days. I was really sad when I was having them while hooked up for an nst to see that they weren't contractions. I hope yours are! I had them earlier today and seriously felt like if I wasn't pregnant, I should be welcoming my period
  • Options
    Tealmoore said:

I'm 38 + 5 today and my mood has just turned really low. I don't know why. I just feel so down and lethargic. Just sitting around the house, moping around,no appetite or desire to do anything. Not sure why I have suddenly developed this as I have been fine up until now. Also feel really quite ill, a little light headed and nauseous throughout the day.

Yep me too! Very crabby and irritable most of the time. I'm not a very emotional person and I've cried at least 3 times in the past week. My body is shot. Almost done! 40 weeks on wednesday

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Tealmoore said:

38+2, I don't have the physical symptoms but my emotional state has changed. Kind of feel like I'm in a haze.

• Options

Thought my water just broke (again). Ended up just being more of my MP (:| lol

I had a similar false alarm this morning! Yay confusing watery discharge... :(
  • Options
    Im on baby #2 37 weeks. I had my first at 36.5wks. So midwife expects baby to be here this coming week. All I know is ive been losing my MP, cramps and painful BH almost everyday. And I am so emotional and irritable!! Ive been normal this whole time... lol and now.. im super hormonal. I'm exhausted, irritable and feel like im in a dream (haze, daydream state). Im glad this little one is cooking longer though! I hope and pray all your deliveries are peaceful and smooth!
  • Options
    Annoyed. Impatient. Uncomfortable. My parents are only in town until tomorrow (from Florida) but have been here for 2 weeks hoping to meet the little one. My dad has been driving me crazy! I can only deal with him in small doses. People text me like every 5 minutes asking if the baby is here. My in laws will be here in three days and I am not really looking forward to it. I feel bad my parents won't get to meet this baby while they were here. I am 5 days overdue and this PUPPS is getting real old.

Anyway, thankful for a full term pregnancy and a healthy baby!

• Options
    I'm just done. Over my EDD, in the middle of a wicked fibromyalgia flare, and I can barely walk. I'm over everyone calling and asking where the baby is and am I dilated. Please stop asking if I'm dilated. What's wrong with you? Another NST tomorrow morning. Hopefully I'll get some good news. If LO doesn't decided to come on her own this week they'll admit me for an induction on Friday.
  • Options

I'm just done. Over my EDD, in the middle of a wicked fibromyalgia flare, and I can barely walk. I'm over everyone calling and asking where the baby is and am I dilated. Please stop asking if I'm dilated. What's wrong with you? Another NST tomorrow morning. Hopefully I'll get some good news. If LO doesn't decided to come on her own this week they'll admit me for an induction on Friday.

Friday... Me too!
  • Options
    I'm being induced tomorrow at 5pm.
    It's almost 1am and I cannot sleep AT ALL :((
  • Options
    Being induce tomorrow at 8pm n im freaking out cant sleep..
  • Options
    I'm up (again) with contractions that are moderately uncomfortable but I don't think are the real deal yet. Just enough to keep me awake, going on 4 HR. On the plus side, just like last Mon morning, I have a midwife appt. Maybe my check will at least reveal progress from last week!
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Begun induction last night at 8:30pm with a foley bulb..39 weeks and 2 days but cervix is still completely closed ..super frustrating..so excited to meet my little prince already but so nervous - thinking this is going to be a long process
  • Options
    I lost MP on Saturday and had some pains since but nothing to write home about. I've got midwife appt tomorrow and she was going to do a membrane sweep then @ 40 weeks. Would you bother or just wait it out? Sort of feel like it will happen on its own but could be wrong.
  • Options

PSA for anyone using evening primrose oil capsules vaginally (my midwife suggested it to prep my cervix), it can cause watery, odd-smelling discharge in the middle of the night that you might think is your water breaking. Nope, it's not. :(

Yeah they're really gross. Put a panty liner on too.
    I've been taking them orally this time but since I'm just coming up on 38 weeks I haven't done them vaginally yet. I did for about a week last time. Sadly they didn't do much.
  • Options
    This is my first baby, I'll be 40 weeks tomorrow and at my appointment last week doctor said I'm 2-3cm 80% effaced..mucus plug has been slowly coming out, slightly cramping, uncomfortable contractions, but no real labor signs..baby hasn't even dropped yet. If I haven't had her by Saturday, I have the option to be induced this weekend. In the mean time I'll keep bouncing and walking I guess.
  • Options
    Still can't get over the fact that last Thursday I had the most painful contractions I had ever felt for over 2 hours and then they just stopped. O really thought that that was it, I was having the baby. I left work early and everything and now my boss doesn't want me to come back because she's afraid I'm over doing it :-w and the doctor said that pre labor can last for days of not weeks!
  • Options
    Hello Ladies, haven't been on here in quite sometime!
    I am officially 40 weeks today and like anyone else that was expecting to meet their LO before or by their EDD I'm over it... Trying to be patient but with period like cramps, Braxton hicks, back ache, and pain in my hips & pelvic bone when I shift or walk I am done! Turned in my birth plan last week @ 39+3 and Dr checked me I was not dilated she did say my cervix was very soft but still posterior which I get sometimes doesn't become anterior until active labor. She understands with this one I want to go natural as with my son 6 years ago I was induced... If I am not showing any progress by 41 weeks (let's hope I have a baby before then) She will talk about scheduling an induction. I go back 11/12 fr another check up.
  • Options

I'm exhausted too, ladies. In addition to the back pain, period-like cramps, consistent BH contractions (nothing really timeable though) and being a complete and total biatch who breaks into tears for no reason, I had an unexpected bout of morning sickness this morning. I was putting on an earring and next thing I know I'm face into the toilet violently throwing up. Did my eyes water profusely ruining my makeup making me late for work? Of course they did! Did my eyes also puff up so it looks like I've been as emotional as I feel? You bet! I am not looking, or feeling, very pretty today at work. I was afraid my water was going to break from all the pressure of getting sick!

My csec is next Tuesday. While I don't want to rush her, I just want to feel human again.

We're having twins

Our angel baby boy is looking over his twin sister - due November 21

• Options
    Visited the midwife- no labor, just some awesome Braxtons and back pain to boot.  Yay!  I knew it wasn't real labor by the time I got to the office (for a regular appt) but yeesh, it was still disappointing.  38w, and I'm done with work as of Friday.  I definitely need the extra time to relax for a couple days, if that's how it works out.  :-)
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    FTM here, 40w 1d, and can I just say that it is getting so tough to not get my hopes up every time I have a contraction? I was sent home from work last Wednesday, and have been in early labor since then. These rounds of 3-4 contractions, and then nothing for hours is mentally exhausting. I'm now officially on maternity leave, and so impatient! This baby is stubborn. Hoping I've at least made some progress at my appointment today. Last week I was 2cm and 50% effaced. Hurry up, baby! :D
  • Options
    I'm 38+3 today, and am also getting sick of having 4 or 5 Braxton hicks in a row, then nothing for hours, I have been having period cramps, and today my stomach has been upset, and yesterday was nauseous and light headed most of the day. I work an hour from my hospital, and my DH wants me to stop working at the end of this week, even though I'm scheduled to work up until my due date. I work 12 hours night shifts as a nurse on a really busy floor, and it's been taking its toll, but I'm struggling with what the right thing to do is. At my last appointment I had gone from 0% effaced to 85% effaced in a week, but still no dilation. As a major control freak, it is killing me that I don't know when anything is going to happen and that I cannot fully prepare or know what and when to expect labor. Ugh.
  • Options

I'm being induced tomorrow at 5pm.
    It's almost 1am and I cannot sleep AT ALL :((

That happen the first time I was induced. Hoping with this scheduled c section I get some sleep the night before.
  • Options

Well it looks like I'll be staying. Im still 3 cm dilated and having not so regular contractions but considering I never had them I'm glad we've made that transition. I've been bleeding a bit too but baby seems unfazed. The nurses and I ended up sharing some awkward looks because they wanted to hook me up with pitocin right away even thought I said I didn't want it yet. One of them says "well in that case we could send you home" so I said thats fine, if its your professional opinion I should go back while bleeding. We are not friends now.

Good luck.
    The bleeding is normal. Scary but normal. It's your bloody show.
  • Options
    40+5 here, and I've got to be honest with you ladies, I'm struggling. Had NST today, and LO was asleep for the majority of it. After my internal (barely dilated or effaced still) OB sent me for US to make sure my fluid levels were ok. Thankfully, everything checked out and LO is fine. They want me to come in to start the induction process on Wednesday, when I will be 41 weeks. No one really seems able to give me a medical reason for doing so. I am incredibly torn, because as ready as I am to meet LO (and to be done being pregnant), I feel like inducing prior to my body making any progress is going to make for a much more difficult labor process, and make a c section much more likely. None of the OBs that I have seen lately seem to even want to discuss other options with me. Praying LO makes this easier on me and decides to come in the next 48 hours. Any of you have any advice??
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Lsager424
    If everything is looking good I might push them back a day or 2. A lot of studies show the average first baby comes at 41 weeks 1 day.
    If you keep having good NSTs and ultrasounds I would ask for a little more time.
    I would also try massage and a chiropractor to get things moving. I've heard great things about acupuncture too. I would do everything you can to get baby here before the induction.
    I had a pretty bad experience last time, although a lot of women have great inductions.
  • Options
    I'm really frustrated at this point
  • Options
    Shellie123Shellie123 member
    edited November 2015
    Due date today